Tim Tebow Part 4 (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RockyMtnConvert View Post
    no, the faux competition in broncos camp said weber is good..... and tebow is bad.... that is all that needs to be said
    Weber throws more like Tebow did when he was fresh out of college. I laughed at open practice when I saw his motion, it's this weird loopy thing. Suddenly, apparently, a good motion doesn't matter! Amazing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Portia11 View Post
      Tebow's 6.XX MIL is due soon, (advance on his salary for several years or rest of his contract?) . Good job, EFX, running your own player into the ground. Now you can say you had to cut him because there were no trade offers. Get it over with.
      I think they've already paid him. Teams don't normally run down their own players.

If for no other reason, you want to keep all of your options at maximum health so you can negotiate with players. For example, when and if they negotiate with Orton or Quinn at the end of this season, they want the leverage of being able to turn to Tebow.

It's unheard of to trash your own roster. This whole episode is fascinating. I've never seen anything like it. (Not saying the Broncos FO is doing this -- it's fascinating no matter what the heck is going on).

Comment

• So they milk Tebow and his jersey sales, then pretty much give up on his development.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
          Weber throws more like Tebow did when he was fresh out of college. I laughed at open practice when I saw his motion, it's this weird loopy thing. Suddenly, apparently, a good motion doesn't matter! Amazing!
          No the motion and mechanics are fine now.....

Its the reads and progessions that are the big issue, don't you know that

The goalposts keep moving, and moving, and moving....
          A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Portia11 View Post
            Tebow's 6.XX MIL is due soon, (advance on his salary for several years or rest of his contract?) . Good job, EFX, running your own player into the ground. Now you can say you had to cut him because there were no trade offers. Get it over with.
            Just remember that NFL contracts are NOT GUARANTEED. If they cut Tebow even next season or the one after that - HE'LL HAVE TO PAY BACK THAT ADVANCE ON HIS SALARY.
            "That's a crap question."
            - Kyle Orton

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackanblue View Post
              So they milk Tebow and his jersey sales, then pretty much give up on his development.
              I hate it when people type these kind of things and have no clue how jersey sales work.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
                Just remember that NFL contracts are NOT GUARANTEED. If they cut Tebow even next season or the one after that - HE'LL HAVE TO PAY BACK THAT ADVANCE ON HIS SALARY.
                Just when I start to come back around to thinking you are a seasoned NFL fan, you go and post something wrong like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
                  Eh, parts of the contracts are, so is part of his, I think at least 8 million.
                  sigpic

Comment

• He doesn't have to pay back money for being cut. Dude, that was an airball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
                      Just when I start to come back around to thinking you are a seasoned NFL fan, you go and post something wrong like this.
                      This ^^^^^^^ I wonder what his wonderlic score is.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Vertical Socks View Post
                        “Obviously, there is an investment, and there will always be an investment in first-round picks,” Elway said Monday. “But the bottom line is, our responsibility is to do the best we can to win football games, and we’ve got to figure out the best thing to do to accomplish that. And I think ultimately that’s what fans want.”
                        That's the key right there...from the horses mouth. Now really the article was not that bad...maybe some shock for some people regarding Adam Weber being a better QB...or maybe a better way to frame it is Weber is a better "NFL Ready" QB. That is something I have said about Tebow from day one...Tebow is behind the curve compared to ANY college QB that ran an pro-style offense. But then again Tebow is a different type of QB, and most importantly it's now where you start but where you finish. The kid is still young and with some development he still might be a good NFL QB one day.

As for this season I think we put Weber on practice squad, leave Tebow at #3 to develop, however Tebow will still probably get into games doing what he did last year in certain situations.

Thx,
                        Joe
                        To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

He doesn't have to pay back money for being cut. Dude, that was an airball.
                          You are correct, I just misread what the hell neckbeard typed.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by martz11 View Post
                            Why don't Orton fanboys understand situational stats?

Gee everyone, where would Elway be judged on his 79.9 lifetime QB rating.

Guess Elway isn't "elite":doh:
                            Elway played for most of his career under the "old rules" that kept QB passer ratings and receiver stats down. So of course he doesn't look as good compared to modern passers.

So what?

It's an idiotic argument and anyone who knows football realizes that...
                            - Kyle Orton

Comment

• Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                              Will those who can't seem to stop riding his jock be gone too? If so, I can't wait for him to leave. Good riddance...
                              You got that right...

Want to blame someone for the saga of Tim TEbow? Blame Josh McDaniels. Obviously, he drafted him, but it is WHERE and HOW he drafted him that is making it extraordinarily difficult on Tebow. Had Tebow been drafted later as the project that he is, instead of being nitpicked to death, his progress would be a pleasant surprise. His regression would be the sophomore blues or whatever they call it instead of bustville. I don't want to hear about any other team DRAFTING Tebow, because they didn't do it. The Broncos did, and unfortunately for him and the team, his presence has been a liability ever since.

Tim Tebow is a victim of circumstance. He's in the WRONG place at the WRONG time. John Fox is NOT going to retool decades of coaching for ONE guy that was some other guy's pet project. The sooner the Broncos "release the Tebow", the better for everyone involved, IMHO.

Comment

He doesn't have to pay back money for being cut. Dude, that was an airball.
                                IT'S AN ADVANCE ON HIS 2012 AND 2013 SEASONS.

If his contract is cancelled, of course Denver will demand that money back...
                                - Kyle Orton

Comment

Working...
                                X