X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ah, nevermind

Comment

• Originally posted by lolcopter View Post
      if orton leaves, then orton fans can go back to cheering for the bears. if tebow leaves, his fans will follow him wherever he goes. win win.
      What the!!!!! You still sound like a TRUE BRONCOS FAN!

Comment

• Originally posted by killbox916 View Post
        Jamie Dukes seems to think the Denver fans will be chanting Tebow if Orton struggles early. He thinks after the first INT, the fans will want Tebow.

I think not that fast, but if we are 0-3, 0-4...I could see it happening. The funny thing is if Orton does struggle, they will not be chanting Quinn, even if he is the #2.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack
        Yep they will if he struggles right out of the gate.

ESPECIALLY if we go 3 & out to open the season. If that happens...it is going to get ugly quick.

IMO the only way to avoid it is for the Broncos to score a touch on their first possession.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by rocks View Post
          Seriously? Hmm... Could have swore Tebow scored more points than Orton did against the same teams. Similar stats but more points. Weird.
          Show me a trime when Tebow has shown he could drive the field on a consistant bassis. Besides the Texans game.

1st preseason game this year? 4 drives of 22, 26, 9, and 61 yards. The 61 yard drive was a 43 yard pass to Willis.

2nd preseason game? 1 drive 15 yards (about)

last year Sd game? he was 9/25 for 100 yards before they played prevent defense with 2 minutes left.

Oakland game? 8/16 for 138. He had 78 yards rushing though. In that game there were 12 drives. 2 of them he had no play but to handoff. 1 he ran for a 40 yard TD. One he threw for a 33 yard TD. 8 of them the drives ended because he threw incomplete or ran on 3rd down and didn't convert. Even the 40 yard run is almost pure luck, 3rd and 24 and runs from the 40 for a TD. The odds of that beingt successful are tiny.

He has not shown the ability to drive the field when needed yet. He makes a big play here and there but no real sustained drives. Even in the Prove me wrong if you can. Even in the Texans game he only had 2 sustained drives.
          Last edited by broncos SB2010; 08-23-2011, 06:20 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by KO8pectate View Post
            I find it funny that people kep talking about Orton struggling when the fact is that in a Broncos uniform he has rarely actually struggled .
            Unless you count how he has played for us late in close games, and on 3rd downs.
            sigpic

Comment

• LOL and sometimes in the organization there are business people who should stick to business.
              Last edited by BluenOrnge4Life; 08-23-2011, 06:24 PM.
              sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                Show me a trime when Tebow has shown he could drive the field on a consistant bassis. Besides the Texans game.

1st preseason game this year? 4 drives of 22, 26, 9, and 61 yards. The 61 yard drive was a 43 yard pass to Willis.

2nd preseason game? 1 drive 15 yards (about)

last year Sd game? he was 9/25 for 100 yards before they played prevent defense with 2 minutes left.

Oakland game? 8/16 for 138. He had 78 yards rushing though. In that game there were 12 drives. 2 of them he had no play but to handoff. 1 he ran for a 40 yard TD. One he threw for a 33 yard TD. 8 of them the drives ended because he threw incomplete or ran on 3rd down and didn't convert.
                That's a lot of excuses. What does it say about Orton who could only get the offense to 20 PPG while the guy who apparently "can't drive the field" got the offense to 25 PPG in his 3 starts?

I'd like to know how a rookie who cannot drive the ball down the field can average 25 PPG in his first 3 starts.

Comment

Tebow didnt put more wins or points on the board this foolishness needs to stop.
                  Last year The Broncos scored more points with Tebow at QB.

That is a fact. Nothing you can say or do will change that.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post

Also don't forget the FACT that Tebow got 2.33 TD per game while Orton got 1.5 TD per game and that rookie Tebow won 33% of his starts while 6th year vet Orton won just 23% of his starts.

Comment

• Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post

Does he really believe that is not a fact?

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoKing View Post
                        Hmm....I could have sworn I've seen many posts wishing him to fail but I guess I was wrong.

You are confusing two things that aren't confusing at all.

There is a massive difference between wishing for failure, and thinking it likely.

I know that at some point in the future the earth is going to be hit by an asteroid.

That doesn't mean I wish for it to happen tomorrow...
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco Texan View Post
                          Yet you can post in this thread. I also fail to see how being on the phone hurts your googling abilities. oh well.
                          Oh Im sorry..I was reading as I was waiting for a spa appointment so I didnt have time to search for it

Comment

• Originally posted by tacmale View Post
                            Let's not forget, he is still a rookie, this is only his second season and a shortened one at that.

You still cannot deny his stats in the games he has played are not bad for a rookie.
                            Tebow in his second year is still a rookie???
                            sigpic

Comment

I called them foolish because removing all context from a situation in order to blame one person in what is ateam sport is foolishness.
                              Ahh yes, the tried and true standard lie.

I don't think anyone has ever said it is ALL Orton's fault we lost so many games.

Blamed him for his share of failures, certainly. But all?

That's just a flat lie. No one said that in this thread.

But yet, you continue to spew that particular lie over and over...
                              sigpic

Comment

• I guess its obvious to me that Tim Tebow is not wanted at Dove Valley.

I understand that sometimes these articles are just trying to create readers and controversy but, honestly, if there was no truth to any of this why isn't Elway out there defending Tebow and setting everyone straight?
                                The front office is just allowing this stuff to continue without any comment and that in itself says alot about how Elway and front office feels about Tim Tebow.

First we get all these rumors about Tebow not impressing in camp and then we get all these rumors and articles about Tebow being demoted to 3rd string and now rumors about Tebow being cut... anyone else see a pattern here... seems to me this stuff is all coming true and not just crazy rumors.

I definitely think Tim will be cut soon. I just have this sinking feeling this is all true.

In politics sometimes WH's will leak information to press to just get a feeling for how people react to it... kind of like sticking toes in water to test temp... I think that is what is happening here... leaking information about Tebow being cut and see how everyone reacts to it. Getting the word out because clearly they can't just cut Tebow without having all this negativity swirling around him.. they need to leave a trail to validate their opinion.

Anyway, Tebow is a very polarizing kid and he evokes strong reactions... I think Fox is one of those people that just doesn't buy into Tebow as starting NFL QB and I think Elway agrees or else why hire a coach who doesn't want to work with a project QB?

I am saddened by all of this but, not because I love Tebow so much... more that I think Denver would be making a huge mistake cutting him... I just have this sick feeling Tebow will go to another team and be very successful one day. We'll still be mediocre and not going anywhere and here is Tebow somewhere else having the last laugh. I am sure I feel this way because we've been down this road before... Denver goes down this road too often.
                                My adopted Bronco is Case Keenum

Comment

Working...
                                X