Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh for October for Denver??? 4 losses in a row?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh for October for Denver??? 4 losses in a row?

@ Chiefs Oct 5.
    vs. Steelers Oct 12
    @ Vikings Oct 19
    @ Ravens Oct 26

Looking like a strong possibility.

any thoughts? heh.
    [nelson] Hah Hah! [/nelson]

Versus the Chiefs may be a struggle, but we will come out on top. I live in Missouri, man, and Priest Holmes, though good, is hyped up. Even if they can get a good running game, it takes more than that to win a game. We'll let Jake, Portis, Smith, and McCaffrey (just to name a few) do all the talking for us.

A loss versus the Steelers in Mile High? Give me a break. If the Chiefs can beat the snot out of them with their dull arrowheads, we will have no trouble on our own turf.

As far as the Vikings and the Ravens, where do I begin? Maybe I can mention Culpepper and Moss injuries? What about Shannon's quest for revenge against the Ravens?

Though we may lose one of them, it will be closer to 4-0 than 0-4.
    Thanks for the memories, John. We will always remember you.

You look great in Canton! Perhaps I'll get to see you some day...

Comment

come on... in October isnt that about the time the Patented Bronco 2-4 game skid normally begins?

Comment

With inept trash-talking like this, I officially renounce my statement in the "Worst Thing About MNF" thread.

The Chiefs? Yeah, that's going to be a hell of a game.

The Steelers? Might be difficult.

The Vikings? Depending on Culpepper's back (which I believe Mike Tice to be completely in the wrong by saying that he's going to play[in so many words]), I don't think they'll be undefeated by that point.

The Ravens? Sure, it won't be the easiest game of the year, but I believe that if they can pressure Boller, they'll be forced to rely on the run too much, and then it's lights out. I'm not knocking Jamal Lewis (who would?), but to continue to push run-run-run, hell, the Broncos don't have the Browns defense, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Comment

yeah this post is blantant **** talking... but Im not ashamed. heh.

Comment

Its funny, while attending a MNF Bronco/Chief's at Arrowhead in 98. The Bronco's ironicly where beating the daylights out of the chief's with a QB wearing #16. And during that game the very humble KC fans sitting around me told me that they learned you can't win with a QB whose last name starts with a 'G'. Grbac...Gannon....

I thought it was funny until Denver started Griese the following year. It was then I learned that it was true, I wasn't laughing anymore.

Tonights game reminded me a lot of that game, same opposing QB, #16 naked bootleg for a TD. Although the 98 game was a complete humiliation to KC and ultimately sent Marty packing his bags. I don't think tonights game was quite as severe for Oakland.

Maybe history will repeat itself again in Arrowhead this year. Have to see if KC can shake the curse of QB's whose last name start with a 'G'. They knew how to stop #7, but can they stop #16?

Comment

Holmes wont get even get 75 yards rushing against us on Oct. 5th. We've stopped Tomlinson, Garner and Dillon so far. Give me a break. The Broncs D is the fastest in the league and I don't think any of those teams in Oct. will touch us. Even the Chefs.
              Last edited by ddolak; 09-22-2003, 11:54 PM.
              Rod Smith... most underrated receiver on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by WerzDaBeer
                Its funny, while attending a MNF Bronco/Chief's at Arrowhead in 98. The Bronco's ironicly where beating the daylights out of the chief's with a QB wearing #16. And during that game the very humble KC fans sitting around me told me that they learned you can't win with a QB whose last name starts with a 'G'. Grbac...Gannon....

I thought it was funny until Denver started Griese the following year. It was then I learned that it was true, I wasn't laughing anymore.

Tonights game reminded me a lot of that game, same opposing QB, #16 naked bootleg for a TD. Although the 98 game was a complete humiliation to KC and ultimately sent Marty packing his bags. I don't think tonights game was quite as severe for Oakland.

Maybe history will repeat itself again in Arrowhead this year. Have to see if KC can shake the curse of QB's whose last name start with a 'G'. They knew how to stop #7, but can they stop #16?
                This may be simantics and what not but Grbac didnt wear #16. that number belongs to Len Dawson, retired. If it wasnt retired then Joe Montana would have had that # instead of #19.

again... simantics.

However on the Preist Holmes subject. He may only get 75 yards rushing, but watch out for his 75-100 yards recieving out of the backfield. He is gonna be a 1000-1000 back this year.

Comment

Sorry should have been clearer. #16 I was referring to was Bubby Bristor for Denver who was in for Elway who was injured that game. Was disappointing as I wanted to see Elway play in his last year.

Comment

I'll just wait...

I'll just wait for your january collaspe oh I forgot the last time you were in the playoffs denver beat the chiefs in arrowhead so jan choke job is expected.
                    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Re: Oh for October for Denver??? 4 losses in a row?

Originally posted by chi3fs
                      @ Chiefs Oct 5.
                      vs. Steelers Oct 12
                      @ Vikings Oct 19
                      @ Ravens Oct 26

Looking like a strong possibility.

any thoughts? heh.
                      we'll be ok against the Raven's if we can sstop the run...
                      and the Viking's, well thats going to depend on whether Culpepper is back or not...and if he is back, if he's 100%.

So i'm seeing us going 2-2
                      or maybe even 3-1 seeing that we play the Steelers at home!!!

Comment

seriously. The Broncos are a 10-6 team AT BEST.

You are the wild card team of the AFC....maybe. That is if Portis stays healthy. I think he is gonna miss 33% of the season. And without PortisPotty in there Jake the Flake will get owned.

Comment

Honestly it will be an exciting October for both the Chiefs and Broncos, considering that we are playing each other. Both of the games of KC vs Denver are going to be exciting but i think that home field team will win in those games. Broncos looked tough as **** against Chokeland, but that was against a ****ty team too. I think that the Broncos are able to beat the Steelers. We're looking at a possible 4-0 Chiefs hosting the possible 4-0 Broncos on October 5. After that, there is no tie until the team that wins in that game loses.

Denver and KC have had some exciting games over the years, but this year's games will be even more pumped up. Broncos will have a good year but I am hoping for my Chiefs to win the division. The Chiefs and Broncos have similar schedules this year too, which means that this season will be even more exciting.

Comment

Denver's Opponents:
                            CIN (1-3) W 30-10 ESPN PowerRanking: 30
                            SD (0-4) W 37-13 ESPNPR: 31
                            OAK (2-2) W 31-10 ESPNPR: 20
                            DET (1-3) W 20-16 ESPNPR: 25

Combined: 4-12, 118-49, AVE ESPNRP: 26.5

Kansas City's Opponents:

SD (0-4) W 27-14 ESPNPR: 31
                            PIT (2-2) W 41-20 ESPNPR: 10
                            HOU (2-2) W 42-14 ESPNPR: 28
                            BAL (2-2) W 17-10 ESPNPR: 14

Combined: 6-10, 127-58 AVE ESPNPR: 20.75

Here's something to think about.The Donkos have yet to play a quality team. Again, Here's Denver's schedule up until their bye week:

@ KC
                            PIT
                            @ MIN
                            @ BAL
                            NE

I see some big losses in the Donko's future.

Comment

Originally posted by chi3fs
                              Denver's Opponents:
                              Combined: 4-12, 118-49, AVE ESPNRP: 26.5

Kansas City's Opponents:

Combined: 6-10, 127-58 AVE ESPNPR: 20.75

Do these stats really prove anything other than that we've both played mediocre teams?

Quick: I haven't had my ass whipped in a while. Probably been since like...1911?
                              Sugar Ray: Yeah, thats when you were born and the doctor slapped you on the ass.
                              Quick: Yes, thats the last ass whipping I recall. And I'm looking for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X