Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh for October for Denver??? 4 losses in a row?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: Re: bla bla bla

Originally posted by chi3fs
    www.chiefsplanet.com is the best one I have found...

Tons of great analysis... and on game day, they have threads on the game that reach 1000-1500 posts on it... giving the fans who cant watch the game, something to pay attention to.
    are you sure you want to invite all the denver fans?
    hey chiefs, thanks for the response on your site. always nice to talk football!!

chiefs is right. chiefsplanet is a good site, with lots of good perspective and information. hope to see a few more bronco fans there also.

jake

ps- to all bronco fans going to chiefsplanet
    PLEASE PLEASE remember that when you are on their site, you are like a guest in someone else's home.

we have some good opposing fans here, and we have some morons too. the morons make their fellow fans look bad.
    dont be the guy (or gal) over there that makes us all look like idiots.

go to chiefsplanet. have fun and spread some bronco cheer, just remember you are representing the broncos and their fans and have some respect. give your take, make sense, and only smack talk in response.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: bla bla bla

Originally posted by horseface
      No...Super Bowls are definitely something to be proud of. It just sucks that so many people here use that as they're comeback to everything. That is too many people's "get out of jail free card" when they don't have anything better to say.
      Why not use it as a comeback if it's true? The Chiefs have bowed out every year before the Super Bowl since 1970. Until you get out from under that shadow and actually win one, we will keep using it.

Now you'll say I'm dwelling on the past, and I am. But the fact remains that the Chiefs have choked for the past 34 years. If you win the Super Bowl this year, we'll shut up, but until then, we will keep reminding you of it. If you don't like it, you are welcome to leave at any time.

BTW, Vermeil is the oldest coach in the NFL this year. Here's a little piece of NFL trivia: the oldest coach in the NFL has NEVER won a Super Bowl. Chew on that for a bit.
      Thanks for the memories, John. We will always remember you.

You look great in Canton! Perhaps I'll get to see you some day...

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: bla bla bla

Keep digging for stats about WHY the Chiefs can't win the SB. Even if they do win, you will find a reason to discount it...lucky, referees, blah...blah...blah.
        Of course I will. I wouldn't be a verifiable Chief hater if I didn't!

No, if the Chiefs make it to the Super Bowl, I might cheer for them (like pulling teeth), but that depends on who they are playing. If they are playing somebody I hate more than them, then fine, but that is a big IF. If it is against the Rams, I have always liked the Rams and will cheer for them (I used to live in Columbia, which is swiftly becoming loyal to the Rams, though there are many bandwagon Chiefs fans).
        Thanks for the memories, John. We will always remember you.

You look great in Canton! Perhaps I'll get to see you some day...

Comment

that's the dumbest piece of "trivia" I've ever heard. As if age has anything to do with it. **** Vermeil is a genius of a coach...he has already won a Super Bowl...he get's all of his teams there in the 3rd year. This is his 3rd year with the Chiefs, and they're well on their way. Keep digging for stats about WHY the Chiefs can't win the SB. Even if they do win, you will find a reason to discount it...lucky, referees, blah...blah...blah.
          Actually, all that kind of trivia is only good for amusement and not for predicting future performance. Someday, the oldest coach in the league will probably get to the Super Bowl. Vermeil taking his past two teams to the Super Bowl in his third year is no guarantee he will this time. Streaks are made to be broken. If Vermeil fails to get to the Super Bowl it won't be because of his age. If he does, it won't be because 3 is his lucky number.

Here's another amusing stat for you: The last 4 times (I think that's the number) that the Broncos started 4-0, they went to the Super Bowl. They started 4-0 this year but I wouldn't put money down on the Broncos at this point in the season, although I hope they do.
          "You can't take the sky from me..."
          ------
          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: bla bla bla

the last 3 teams to go 8-0 not only got there, but WON the super bowl also...of course, this too does mean absolutely nothing...but one of the two streaks will be broken this year since it's obviously not possible to have a Chiefs/Broncos SB.
            That's true. What's funny is that when one streak is broken, people will forget it ever existed. But the other streak will seem even more portentious than it was before. But that's human nature, I guess.
            ------

Comment

i guess Horseface wasnt lying when he says he has some intelligent posts. good job guy! tell your friends to fall in line.
              dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by chi3fs
                L 23-24 @ Chiefs Oct 5.
                vs. Steelers Oct 12
                @ Vikings Oct 19
                @ Ravens Oct 26

I think you may actually beat the Steelers. I see 1-3 in October.
                :-)
                [nelson] Hah Hah! [/nelson]

Comment

YEAH IT'S ME AGAIN...

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ALWAYS HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY BUT I WISH I CAN STICK MY FOOT UP YOUR A$$ THAT'S HOW MUCH YOU GET ON MY NERVE. WHEN DENVER IS WINNING YOU NEVER HAVE S%@T TO SAY. BUT THAT'S ALRIGHT I BEEN WAITING ON YOU TO SAY SOMETHING SLICK BUT YOU BEEN MAINTAING YOU LIP THAT WAS THE BEST THING FOR YOU TO DO DDDDUUUUMMMMYYYY.
                  I'm Such A Lady

Comment

re: jake meffley

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jake meffley

[B][QUOTE][i]i know its unthinkable in denver to crticize shanny and pals, but he deserves it. his playcalls late in games killed us last year. so did the defense playing 10 yards off the recievers on 3rd and 3. what do we do? we replace rhodes (great plan)
                    we replace griese (he wasnt the MAIN problem, but still a good move as plummer brongs more leadership and mobility)

what did we do about the playcalling? not squat
                    new d, new qb(s), same $hitty playcalling
                    shanny is still a wonderful coach, but will never achieve the success he had in the past, unless he has either a) an injury free season or b) keeps his ego in check

he's been proud to tell us that he "hasnr changed the gameplanning" because of injuries.

note to coach mike, DONT BE PROUD OF THAT
                    get the ego in check, and change the gameplans to match the players on the field. stop the often used empty backfield until plummer is healthy. stop using timing patterns with qb's that dont have rythm with the wide outs. its common sense stuff.
                    shanahan ran portis about 10 times too few, and when he asked kanell to throw, he put him in situations that are tough. i counted FIVE deep routes that were timing patterns and countless other short routes.

That is exactly what I've been saying. Man, if somebody told this to Shanahan and he took them seriously, I bet we could have won at least 2 of the last 4 games. Another thing that pissed me off was when, at the last 2 minutes of the game in Baltimore when the Broncos had no way of coming back, Shanahan didn't put in Jackson. I mean, the game was over, why couldn't he just give Jackson a chance to prove himself in an actual regular season game? He even said himself that Jackson has been throwing extremely well. It just seems like Shanahan is really stubborn about making changes even if it could help the team.
                    Last edited by Michael oakwood; 10-30-2003, 03:34 AM.

Comment

that's the dumbest piece of "trivia" I've ever heard. As if age has anything to do with it. **** Vermeil is a genius of a coach...he has already won a Super Bowl...he get's all of his teams there in the 3rd year. This is his 3rd year with the Chiefs, and they're well on their way. Keep digging for stats about WHY the Chiefs can't win the SB. Even if they do win, you will find a reason to discount it...lucky, referees, blah...blah...blah.
                      the "third year" thing is an equally lame piece of trivia.
                      it happened before, it doesnt mean it will happen again.

the fact that the chiefs havent won the superbowl in 33 years and 292 days (thought i'd be specific) doesnt mean they wont this year.

all trivia aside, the chiefs are 8-0, and thats all that matters, BUT....

before the chiefs are crowned they have some battles to overcome. the '84 broncos (we seem to be into history discussions) were 12-1 before finishing 13-3. they lost in the first round at home. the reason i bring up that team is because they played similar. gave up a ton of yards, got a ton of turnovers, and found ways to win the close ones.

bottom line. we dont know what will happen come january.
                      i simply look at the situation objectively. your team is perfect at the halfway point and you should be thrilled. you should also be very concerned considering you are the first ever 8-0 team to allow more yards that you accumulate.

that ALSO doesnt mean the chiefs will or will not win. it simply means that they have some issues to address on defense. they have improved some the last couple weeks, but also against teams (buff. and oak.) that are struggling mightily on offense.

everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it is my opinion that this chiefs team will lose a few, but not enough to be over taken in the division. they MAY (50/50) hang on to homefield throughout also. i do not believe that they will win the afc. right now they have the best record, but top to bottom they are simply not the best team. recent playoff history is against the colts also, but i like their chances against kc. tennessee has also impressed as of late, and of course there is our broncos. injuries and coaching mistakes have hurt thus far, and maybe beyond recovery, but if denver regains health they too have a better team top to bottom.

enjoy the start. congrats to all in chiefs land. just remember that you all got pretty ****y in '97 also. you'll need more than a magic "third year" to win the afc. its possible, but i wouldnt bet on it.

jake

Comment

Hey Jake

Good point about the "third year" theory for Vermeil & the Chiefs. I think it makes a nice hook for the media and fans to pick up on but don't think it has a big basis in fact. I think in Vermeil's case, it means that after three years, he's got the people he likes that fit his profile.

I thought the Chiefs would be improved this year and in my preseason prognostication had them, at best, at 11-5, and at worst 9-7. But a couple of big things changed since then -- namely Oakland and San Diego playing as poorly as they have. Denver, I figured, would be 5-3 or 6-2 at this point.

We'll see how this all plays out. Right now, the Chiefs have a good shot at homefield for the playoffs but don't have a good record historically when in that situation. Unfortunately, every Denver fan will be able to hang that 1997 game over our heads until we do something to prove otherwise (kind of like Jacksonville beating you guys in the playoffs in 1996, I believe?)

At this point, I think KC, Indianapolis, Tennessee, Miami and Denver would all be capable of making it to the Super Bowl but I don't think it will be a cakewalk for any of them. It could easily come down to which team has more knee ligaments (or other body parts) intact at the end of the year.

Of course, I'll be rooting for the Patriots on Monday night, but I won't be surprised if Denver wins it and goes on a hot streak. But I'm done looking at schedules for now. I can make a case for the Chiefs winning or losing every remaining game. These rose-colored glasses I'm viewing the Chiefs through these days have also turned black in the past.

Good luck, and we'll see what happens December!
                        Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Re: Hey Jake

Originally posted by ReasonableChief
                          We'll see how this all plays out. Right now, the Chiefs have a good shot at homefield for the playoffs but don't have a good record historically when in that situation. Unfortunately, every Denver fan will be able to hang that 1997 game over our heads until we do something to prove otherwise (kind of like Jacksonville beating you guys in the playoffs in 1996, I believe?)
                          As long as I live, I will remember Michael Dean Perry strolling off the field as Jacksonville punted, giving them a 12-men on the field penalty & a first down.

And Tory James did not interfere...he intercepted.

Comment

Re: Re: Hey Jake

Originally posted by Broncs Bomber
                            As long as I live, I will remember Michael Dean Perry strolling off the field as Jacksonville punted,
                            Is he that guy from miami vice?
                            Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Hey Jake

Originally posted by pikman
                              Is he that guy from miami vice?
                              ha ha ha

the brother of the fridge is a guy we bronco fans like to forget!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'll never forget that day. i called in sick to work the next day. i didnt eat anything (unless you count beer) and that was the longest offseason ever.

good thing the next year was a different story!!
                              new logo
                              new uniforms
                              new trophy!!

it was complete mayhem in denver. those are memories ill keep forever. i watched the '77/'78 superbowl as a kid with my dad, and got to watch the '97/'98 game with my own young son. i remember the tears of joy, and telling him to never forget. ok, im gonna stop now before i get emotional at work!!

jake

ps- he still remembers (maybe because i remind him often!)

Comment

Hey ReasonableChief

Originally posted by ReasonableChief

At this point, I think KC, Indianapolis, Tennessee, Miami and Denver would all be capable of making it to the Super Bowl but I don't think it will be a cakewalk for any of them. It could easily come down to which team has more knee ligaments (or other body parts) intact at the end of the year.
                                Hey ReasonableChief, you definitely seem to live up to your name in all the posts of yours that I've read.

As far as the homefield advantage goes, I'd agree the Chiefs have a good shot of getting it throughout the playoffs. And if they do, I'm sure Denver fans will constantly remind you of that 1997 bit of history. However, I'm sure you'll agree that the Chiefs wouldn't consider it a good thing to NOT have the homefield advantage. If Denver has to go into KC in the playoffs, I'll think a whole lot less of our chances than if it were the other way around.

Of the teams you mentioned having a shot to go all the way, I assume you picked Denver assuming they were healthy. Even as a Broncos fan I can't pick the current Broncos to go very far. While many Chiefs fans posting here have declared the Broncos season over, I was surprised to see some Broncos fans agreeing with that assessment. It's nice to see a 'reasonable' Chiefs fan who at least gives Denver a little credit for how they were playing before their spate of injuries.

Best of luck on your season but I hope the Broncos are the ones to end it.
                                ------

Comment

Working...
                                X