Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh for October for Denver??? 4 losses in a row?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playoffs

I was assuming better health on the Broncos' part. Even with injuries, you guys managed to make it a game with Minnesota and Baltimore, so if you get some production out of the quarterback spot, you should make it to the playoffs. I still think you should sign Neil O'Donnell and make him your third team quarterback until he's ready to see action. If Plummer's fine, you guys should have no problem making it to the postseason. (You've got the same easy schedule as the Chiefs, you know)
    Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: bla bla bla

Originally posted by Javalon
      Actually, all that kind of trivia is only good for amusement and not for predicting future performance. Someday, the oldest coach in the league will probably get to the Super Bowl. Vermeil taking his past two teams to the Super Bowl in his third year is no guarantee he will this time. Streaks are made to be broken. If Vermeil fails to get to the Super Bowl it won't be because of his age. If he does, it won't be because 3 is his lucky number.

Here's another amusing stat for you: The last 4 times (I think that's the number) that the Broncos started 4-0, they went to the Super Bowl. They started 4-0 this year but I wouldn't put money down on the Broncos at this point in the season, although I hope they do.
      Of course I wasn't saying that because the oldest coach in the NFL has never won the Super Bowl means that the Chiefs will not win. That is about as logical as saying the Curse of the Billy Goat kept the Cubs from the World Series.

I was just trying to get under horseface's skin.
      Thanks for the memories, John. We will always remember you.

You look great in Canton! Perhaps I'll get to see you some day...

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: bla bla bla

Originally posted by jake meffley
        before the chiefs are crowned they have some battles to overcome. the '84 broncos (we seem to be into history discussions) were 12-1 before finishing 13-3. they lost in the first round at home. the reason i bring up that team is because they played similar. gave up a ton of yards, got a ton of turnovers, and found ways to win the close ones.
        Also remember the 1998 15-1 Vikings who were beat by the Falcons in the NFC Championship Game. And don't forget what happened to the Falcons in the Super Bowl that year...
        Thanks for the memories, John. We will always remember you.

You look great in Canton! Perhaps I'll get to see you some day...

Comment

Re: Playoffs

Originally posted by ReasonableChief
          I was assuming better health on the Broncos' part. Even with injuries, you guys managed to make it a game with Minnesota and Baltimore, so if you get some production out of the quarterback spot, you should make it to the playoffs. I still think you should sign Neil O'Donnell and make him your third team quarterback until he's ready to see action. If Plummer's fine, you guys should have no problem making it to the postseason. (You've got the same easy schedule as the Chiefs, you know)
          pleasure to have you here. i hope fans of opposing teams will take a page out of your book. having opposing fans with knowledge and respect makes this site all the more interesting so thank you and welcome!!

the problem with o'donnell, or anyone else for that matter is the roster spot. while plummer is out he still counts a roster spot, so carrying three active qb's would actually be to carry 4. this is the reason beuerlein went on ir. even if he had played well he likely wouldve been placed on ir to save the roster spot. once you declare a player to ir, they dont count as a roster spot. also, to sign an older player would be to forfeit the chances for the future. the upside to a young third string qb (after jake returns) is that you have the possibility of him stepping into the starter's shoes years down the line.

that being said, my vote would be to re-release jj when plummer returns (after 3+ years its obvious he isnt the guy) and sign brandon doman. here's a guy thats still only 23 or 24 (he's a rookie but went on a 2 year mormon mission) and has the skills to possibly one day be a successful starter.

as for the prospects for our team as a whole, i think its fairly simple. our coaches have proved throughout their careers to be excellent when given proper talent. the problem occurs when the injury bug bites. the same gameplans that looked so good with plummer (save a couple dumb playcalls against kc) look equally bad with plan b or kanell.

shanahan had success early with plummer, had success of course with elway, and managed success with a healthy griese even (we were 7-3 with a healthy griese last year)

the problem in my eyes is that shanny lacks the ability to adjust his coaching to the talent around him. he insists on running similar gameplans despite losing his starting qb and two wr's.

if we regain health, i like our chances. top to bottom we have one of the most talented teams in football with a good mix of young and old. if we cant get healthy and shanny continues to let his ego get the best of him, we may be in trouble.

if the health returns, a playoff spot is likely.
          we MUST find a way to pull out this mondays game. the fact that it preceeds a bye week and the anticipated return of plummer should help. assuming we can do that we follow with home games against sd and chi. that should be two tune up games for jake and an 8-3 record. the closing schedule is tough, but we would only need 2 out of the last 5 to get a playoff spot, and 3 out of 5 all but assures it. with the last five being oak. (WAY down this year), kc (revenge and at home), cle. (home) and indy and gb. (away games should be tough, but i like the matchup with gb) we should be back in the playoffs.

all is not lost!!
          pray for health, and this could get interesting

jake

Comment

4 losses out of 5.... sweetness.

dont doubt daddy.
            [nelson] Hah Hah! [/nelson]

Comment

Working...
            X