How long till Rod Smith retires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long till Rod Smith retires?

How long do you think until Rod retires? I think he has got a good season or two left maybe even longer, but even though I love Rod.. I am looking forward to seeing Lelie and Watt's starting and Nate as the possession reciever.. (Just like Eddie!)

i think smith has a year of good play left in him or maybe as a third widereciever its hard to replace smith cause the man catches everything he might not be what he sued to be buti think a year and then maybe a year of him mentouring the younger uys like watts jackson and crew
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Ya think that is how it will be.. Lelie, Watts, and then Jackson as the 3rd reciever after Smith is done and gone? I really hope Jackson will get into the 3rd WR position in the near near future.

Comment

If Rod can stay healthy day in day out, I wouldn't doubt he would go another 2 seasons. But after he does retire, I do hope the coaching staff considers maybe picking up a solid wide receiver from free agency rather than hope and pray players like Lelie, Watts, or any of the other youngsters sprout.

Comment

Lelie isn't exactly a youngster anymore.. he'll be the vertern guy when Rod retires..

Comment

Watts will be the go to guy, unless Lelie adjusts and becomes an all around WR instead of a deep threat.

Made by Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by McCaffreyFan03
              Lelie isn't exactly a youngster anymore.. he'll be the vertern guy when Rod retires..
              it's only his 3rd season, he's still wet behind the ears, especially now that he is a every down player.

Comment

in defense of gfriffin ........he is right
                The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                While he sits by his hearth at home.
                Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by McCaffreyFan03
                  after 5 seasons players aren't quite veterans, but if he's not a youngster either he better put better #'s up than he is now if he's gonna be on this team his whole career. I don't know, i've just realized he's not much of a route run, just a deep ball guy.

Comment

2 good seasons, and 3 or 4 seasons left. I love his leadership, I love his ability to catch the ball, I love his love for the game, this guy is the man. And he is one of the last players from the superbowl years, once he leaves, besides Nalen, Neil, and Pryce- we will have no one from the great years in the late 90s. I will miss this guy.
                    sigpic

Comment

2 years max. Unfortuantely he's fading and is more of a possession receiver than anything these days. I have to wonder How he's replaced down the road (draft or free agency?)™
                      This space for rent

Comment

4 or 5 years only 2 or 3 of them will be good seasons though

Comment

Originally posted by broncosfan247
                          after 5 seasons players aren't quite veterans, but if he's not a youngster either he better put better #'s up than he is now if he's gonna be on this team his whole career. I don't know, i've just realized he's not much of a route run, just a deep ball guy.

Don't forget Elam.
                          Only winners get wings.

Comment

Originally posted by urinal_cake
                            2 years max. Unfortuantely he's fading and is more of a possession receiver than anything these days. I have to wonder How he's replaced down the road (draft or free agency?)™
                            One Name, 2 Words...

BRAYLON EDWARDS!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
                              One Name, 2 Words...

BRAYLON EDWARDS!
                              Yeah... Smart decision for him finish college before entering the draft though™
                              This space for rent

Comment

Working...
                              X