No announcement yet.

How long till Rod Smith retires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rod can still got every sunday, plus the guy is one of the best run blocking wr's in the Nfl, he is part of our running system, just like eddy and sharpe where a big part of it.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
      2 good seasons, and 3 or 4 seasons left. I love his leadership, I love his ability to catch the ball, I love his love for the game, this guy is the man. And he is one of the last players from the superbowl years, once he leaves, besides Nalen, Neil, and Pryce- we will have no one from the great years in the late 90s. I will miss this guy.
      Wow, don't say that.. that is depressing. We need to win a Superbowl this year.

Comment

Rod will play at LEAST 2 more years.....at least 2!!

He will know when its his time to give it up...and iwouldnt be suprised to see him as a WR coach for the Broncos in the near future.

But right now he doesnt look like hes slowing down yet so lets not talk retirement!

(i truly think Darius Watts is a Rod Smith clone)

Comment

That would be awesome if he was a WR coach. He could be the best in the nfl!

Comment

I was hoping Eddie would come back and coach or do something for the Broncos.. we'll see.. it's still early.

Comment

One Name, 2 Words...

BRAYLON EDWARDS!
              bah, we are gonna have to trade REALLY high up in the draft to get him. i bet he'll be the first wide receiver to be drafted

Comment

2 good seasons, and 3 or 4 seasons left. I love his leadership, I love his ability to catch the ball, I love his love for the game, this guy is the man. I will miss this guy.
                Well said. Let me add I do not share the enthusaium that a few have in assshley. So far he has not shown he can catch 60+ balls a year. That is 3.75 per game he is on pace to catch 43 that is 2.7 passes per game.

Now he might be a homerun hitter and at 2.6 per game if they all TD’s we will be ok. But I think that is unlikely. Need to help get 900-1200 yards and about 80 catches to be the new #1 receiver. Does anyone really think he will get there before Rod retires? That really means he has to double his production from the past two-year s and average about 5 receptions a game the rest of THIS season.

Thought so, me neither.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkPanda
                  bah, we are gonna have to trade REALLY high up in the draft to get him. i bet he'll be the first wide receiver to be drafted
                  Him or Mike Williams- but it will be Braylon cuz Mike didn't play this year... And I wouldn't mind having either on this team, but I want this year to be the year that we draft a WR in the first round.
                  sigpic

Comment

Him or Mike Williams- but it will be Braylon cuz Mike didn't play this year... And I wouldn't mind having either on this team, but I want this year to be the year that we draft a WR in the first round.
                    Kinda like assshley and nash. We probably do need to repaet those failures! Lets not waste draft choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                      Kinda like assshley and nash. We probably do need to repaet those failures! Lets not waste draft choices.
                      Lelie is breaking out... Nash just sucks...

Who said they were gonna be busts- or the future Nashes?
                      sigpic

Comment

Rod's got 3 or 4 more good years...I love that man!
                        Never a Fair Weather Fan!!!!!

Comment

Lelie is breaking out... Nash just sucks...

Who said they were gonna be busts- or the future Nashes?
                          MIkeys track record dafting WR's in the first round.

What do you call a breakout season?

He is on pace to catch 43 passes this year is that what you expect from a highly regarded #1 top 20 draft choice!
                          Compared by some on this board to Moss, speed hands and acrobatic catches.
                          Speaking of assshley jst found this on teh web site..
                          "Lelie has at least one catch of 30 yards or more in five of the Broncos' six games this year, and has an 19.3-yards-per-catch average. Lelie is on pace for 40 receptions; if he maintains his current clip for receptions and yardage per catch, he would notch the highest receiving average for a Broncos wideout with 40 or more catches since Al Denson amassed 19.5 yards per reception on 46 grabs in 1967.

Even though he's off to a good start, he says he hasn't heard the pat-on-the-back speech from Smith yet. That's because Lelie's accomplishments -- while stellar in helping the Broncos' offense to a No. 5 league ranking -- only represent three-eighths of the season."

Again what do you call a break out season 3 more catches than last year?

Comment

MIkeys track record dafting WR's in the first round.

What do you call a breakout season?

He is on pace to catch 43 passes this year is that what you expect from a highly regarded #1 top 20 draft choice!
                            Compared by some on this board to Moss, speed hands and acrobatic catches.
                            Speaking of assshley jst found this on teh web site..
                            "Lelie has at least one catch of 30 yards or more in five of the Broncos' six games this year, and has an 19.3-yards-per-catch average. Lelie is on pace for 40 receptions; if he maintains his current clip for receptions and yardage per catch, he would notch the highest receiving average for a Broncos wideout with 40 or more catches since Al Denson amassed 19.5 yards per reception on 46 grabs in 1967.

Even though he's off to a good start, he says he hasn't heard the pat-on-the-back speech from Smith yet. That's because Lelie's accomplishments -- while stellar in helping the Broncos' offense to a No. 5 league ranking -- only represent three-eighths of the season."

Again what do you call a break out season 3 more catches than last year?
                            Its not your WR's fault it is your stinkin QB! He sucks and that why you WR's suck because they can't get the ball! Also you run it 75% of the ttime!

BBQ Crow served up by the CHIEFS
                            I got 2 words for you!! Larry Johnson

CHIEFS-38
                            Donkeys-16

Comment

Kinda like ashley and nash. We probably do need to repaet those failures! Lets not waste draft choices.
                              Hard to call Ashely a failure when he's doing his job. Btw you don't have a chance to catch what isn't thrown your way. He also remains in the starting line up unlike others who cann't handle the rigors of being a starter.
                              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

We are a run first team you know. Jake just trust's Rod more because he knows that rod can catch the ball. Ash is a #2 WR right now, no more eddy mac to take his spot during the game. Another reason is we spread the ball out more, just like the pats. Do they really have a go2 guy? Look last game, Rod had 1 catch for 28 yards.

Comment

Working...
                                X