Mark this on the Calenders!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark this on the Calenders!!!!

Today on NFL Live (ESPN) in their "Dismissed or Can't Miss" segment sometihng interesting came up.

Q: "Do you think the Denver Broncos are a Superbowl contenter this year?"

A: Can't Miss. They are playing really well. They are the most balanced team right now.

This is a shock coming from ESPN.
    "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

You know it's a sign of the apocalypse when the Broncos get some proper dues from the media.

Comment

Wow! just reading that comment put a huge smile on my face. Its nice to get some positive recognition (sp?)

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos_Chica
        Wow! just reading that comment put a huge smile on my face. Its nice to get some positive recognition (sp?)
        I dont like the recongnition. I think we play better as underdogs with something to prove. I have wondered to myself what will happen when our defense gets the recognition that it deserves? Will this feed the hunger and then we will get lazy? I hope not. I would like to be underdogs the rest of the year.

If you really think about it we SHOULD be 6-0. Granting Elam makes the FG. We would have had alot of credit and we might perfrom differently....

All in all, I like things the way they are. I dont want to jinx us, though ESPN has possibly done it for us =)

It seems everyone has something to prove this year.
        Offense: Plummer,Droughns,ASHLEY, Watts,etc....
        Defense: Vet line, young lineb corp, Champ, Kenoy, and Lynch

Hopefully they stay hungry.......

Comment

You can forget about getting any more props from ESPN because all of the remaining teams on the Broncos schedule are losing teams except for the Colts. After what Reuben Droughns done the last 2 weeks the Broncos do look like the most balanced team in the NFL.
          Last edited by sportsgeist; 10-23-2004, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsgeist
            You can forget about getting any more props from ESPN because all of the remaining teams on the Broncos schedule are losing teams except for the Colts. After what Reuben Droughns done the last 2 weeks the Broncos do look like the most balanced team in the NFL.
            The falcons aren't losing.
            "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

Originally posted by dr0p
              I dont like the recongnition. I think we play better as underdogs with something to prove. I have wondered to myself what will happen when our defense gets the recognition that it deserves? Will this feed the hunger and then we will get lazy? I hope not. I would like to be underdogs the rest of the year.

If you really think about it we SHOULD be 6-0. Granting Elam makes the FG. We would have had alot of credit and we might perfrom differently....

All in all, I like things the way they are. I dont want to jinx us, though ESPN has possibly done it for us =)

It seems everyone has something to prove this year.
              Offense: Plummer,Droughns,ASHLEY, Watts,etc....
              Defense: Vet line, young lineb corp, Champ, Kenoy, and Lynch

Hopefully they stay hungry.......
              This could be very true...but its still nice to hear, ya know!

Comment

HOLD ON I GOTTA GET OPEN HEART SURGERY!
                sigpic

Comment

ESPN isnt't the be all/end all, but they are right on this time.
                  Broncos all the way....Plummer's going to Disney Land!
                  Never a Fair Weather Fan!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by flowerpatti
                    ESPN isnt't the be all/end all, but they are right on this time.
                    Broncos all the way....Plummer's going to Disney Land!
                    As long as the Donkeys have Plunger at the controls this team isn't going anywhere(enter playoffs at COLTS). So shut up about the media, if you are hanging your hat on what they say you are reaching. The Donkeys will win the WEST but they won't win a playoff game. Number of playoff wins since ELWAY=CLUB "0"

BBQ Crow served up by the CHIEFS
                    I got 2 words for you!! Larry Johnson

CHIEFS-38
                    Donkeys-16

Comment

Originally posted by KC10KC31KC88
                      As long as the Donkeys have Plunger at the controls this team isn't going anywhere(enter playoffs at COLTS). So shut up about the media, if you are hanging your hat on what they say you are reaching. The Donkeys will win the WEST but they won't win a playoff game. Number of playoff wins since ELWAY=CLUB "0"
                      And when was the last time the Chefs won a playoff game? And weren't your last three playoff games at home and you still couldn't win one of them?

Maybe your Chefs should get back in the playoff picture before you start talking some ill-advised smack.
                      "You can't take the sky from me..."
                      ------
                      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                        And when was the last time the Chefs won a playoff game? And weren't your last three playoff games at home and you still couldn't win one of them?

Maybe your Chefs should get back in the playoff picture before you start talking some ill-advised smack.
                        I will agree the CHIEFS haven't been any better. However the Donkeys are simply not that good on Offense! You know it and I know it and why is that Jake! Thus NO PLAYOFF WINS ! Paybacks are a biatch!

CHIEFS-38
                        Donkeys-16

Comment

I will agree the CHIEFS haven't been any better. However the Donkeys are simply not that good on Offense! You know it and I know it and why is that Jake! Thus NO PLAYOFF WINS ! Paybacks are a biatch!
                          Really? The Broncos are ranked #5 in the NFL on offense. Don't be bitter just because your "high-powered" Chefs offense is no longer even in the top 10. Were you also aware that Jake has a higher QB rating than Trent this season? And you keep claiming we can't win a playoff game with Jake at QB but if Jake was able to win a playoff game with the Cardinals, I think he should fare well with an actual good team.

Man, it must suck to be trying to put down a rival team that is better than your team in just about every area.
                          ------

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                            Really? The Broncos are ranked #5 in the NFL on offense. Don't be bitter just because your "high-powered" Chefs offense is no longer even in the top 10. Were you also aware that Jake has a higher QB rating than Trent this season? And you keep claiming we can't win a playoff game with Jake at QB but if Jake was able to win a playoff game with the Cardinals, I think he should fare well with an actual good team.

Man, it must suck to be trying to put down a rival team that is better than your team in just about every area.
                            #1 Have you won a playoff game!
                            #2 How in the H3ll are you going to beat the COLTS OR PATS!
                            #3 Would you trade your "O" for the Chiefs Answer "YES"
                            #4 Rank is by yrds. Scoring Donkeys are #12 & #13 is the Chiefs!
                            #5 Comparing the Donkeys to the Cards LOL good analogy!

CHIEFS-38
                            Donkeys-16

Comment

#1 Have you won a playoff game!
                              #2 How in the H3ll are you going to beat the COLTS OR PATS!
                              #3 Would you trade your "O" for the Chiefs Answer "YES"
                              #4 Rank is by yrds. Scoring Donkeys are #12 & #13 is the Chiefs!
                              #5 Comparing the Donkeys to the Cards LOL good analogy!
                              #1) This is only our second season with Jake. Give it time.
                              #2) The Colts will be a bigger challenge for us than the Pats. Hell, we almost beat the Pats last year starting our 3rd-string QB.
                              #3) No, I would not.
                              #4) True. But we're still better than the Chefs. And we're also #1 in time of possession which means less time for the opposition to score.
                              #5) Don't be stupid. The Broncos have probably had fewer losing seasons in the past 30 years than any team in the NFL. The Cards are perennial losers and are lucky to NOT have a losing season. Many players have squandered their careers on the Cards while others have prospered when they've moved on to other teams. If Jake could win a playoff game on the Crappy Cardinals, he should do better now that he's a member of one of the NFL's best organizations. Again, just give it time...which you'll have plenty of once the playoffs start.
                              ------

Comment

Working...
                              X