"The Curse of Elway"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Curse of Elway"

Hey guys, I just read an article on BroncosUpdate.com about the curse of Elway. Does anyone believe in that stuff? Here's the link to the story: http://broncos.theinsiders.com/2/309908.html

Re: "The Curse of Elway"

Originally posted by denver_girl81
    Hey guys, I just read an article on BroncosUpdate.com about the curse of Elway. Does anyone believe in that stuff? Here's the link to the story: http://broncos.theinsiders.com/2/309908.html
    Heh, I wouldn't worry about a curse after just 5 years. Now, if we reach around 80+ years like the Red Sox, then THAT'S a freaking curse.

Seriously, we were due for some struggles after losing both Elway and Davis (his career essentially ended with that injury) and having Griese take over. I think Griese has some talent but he just didn't have the leadership needed at QB. I like our chances a lot better with Plummer at the helm and, when he leaves, we'll hopefully find some young gun who has the leadership necessary to go all the way.

I'm not worried about a curse. But I sure would like to break our 5-year streak this year.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Re: "The Curse of Elway"

Originally posted by denver_girl81

Absolute RUBBISH! Any fool can claim that the Broncos could never win a SB again after Elway. Jeeze lets do the 49ers curse after Montanna and Young!

What a pathetic joke.

Ok, they want Curse, here's 2.

1) The Bills have never won a SB!

2) The Vikings even with Moss and Dante will never ever win a SB- This year or ever- now thats a curse why I'm not sure.

Whether the Broncos ever get to the promise land again, it has nothing to do with a (CURSE)!!!!!!

The fact the Red soxs were in the article with elway shows ignorance beyond stupidity, over 50 years the Soxs (curse) has gone on and Somehow some diluted (JACKASS) decides to make the same comparison??? PLease!!!!!
      Last edited by jocool; 10-23-2004, 06:38 PM.

Comment

that writer referred to passer rating in percents?

Comment

Re: Re: "The Curse of Elway"

Originally posted by Javalon
          Heh, I wouldn't worry about a curse after just 5 years. Now, if we reach around 80+ years like the Red Sox, then THAT'S a freaking curse.

Seriously, we were due for some struggles after losing both Elway and Davis (his career essentially ended with that injury) and having Griese take over. I think Griese has some talent but he just didn't have the leadership needed at QB. I like our chances a lot better with Plummer at the helm and, when he leaves, we'll hopefully find some young gun who has the leadership necessary to go all the way.

I'm not worried about a curse. But I sure would like to break our 5-year streak this year.
          Don't even say that Jav. It gives the willies just thinking about it.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

That article is BS. Comparing John Elway to the red sox is ridiculous.

Made by Snk16

Comment

Maybe it was written by Jayson Blair™
              This space for rent

Comment

no, now the curse of elway is that since 83, when elway finally opted for football over the yankees, teh yankees have only been in 6 world series, while winning only 4 of them
                Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

Elway can't hear a word this guy said because his Super Bowl rings are in his ears!!!!
                  Never a Fair Weather Fan!!!!!

Comment

No its not "The Curse of Elway" it the curse of Jake! LOL Thanks Jake!

BBQ Crow served up by the CHIEFS
                    I got 2 words for you!! Larry Johnson

CHIEFS-38
                    Donkeys-16

Comment

Damn nobody wants to disagree with my last comment! Thats what I thought!

CHIEFS-38
                      Donkeys-16

Comment

Originally posted by KC10KC31KC88
                        Damn nobody wants to disagree with my last comment! Thats what I thought!
                        BUMP!

CHIEFS-38
                        Donkeys-16

Comment

A Broncos curse? that is the silliest thing I've ever heard.

The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens
                          Baha'u'llah

"Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
                          Mike Caro

"The all-in play works every time but once"

You can observe a lot just by watching.
                          Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

"Perhaps this is the perfect time to be the fan of a hexed organization, and maybe Halloween 2004 will mark the end of an era as the ghosts of Ruth and Elway will fade away into the crisp fall nights. "

Uhhhhh, the ghost of Elway?

Check out Goal Line Blitz

WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

Comment

if there is a "Curse of Elway" on anyone, it should be on the Indianapolis Colt, not the Broncos. Do a story on that Stacey and maybe you'll actually have something worth reading.

Comment

Working...
                              X