Broncos Buzz - NFL.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Personally, I think Dareus is going to become an almost unblockable player, which is a premium at DT, but I could really go either way on this.

J Peterson was an elite SLB who also rushed the passer. He had multiple 10+ sack seasons from the SAM spot in the 4-3. Tackles just couldn't deal with his speed off the edge.
    I don't see Dareus as a Suh type player, kind of agree with Mug that he'll be like Pat Williams/Casey Hampton which wouldn't be that bad.

Given our DT situation, i'd want Dareus, and our LB's are decent, the DT situation is bad.

I wouldn't mind Miller, just in our situation, Dareus is the best fit, or even Fairley for that matter.

Comment

our entire defense is garbage and i won't be disappointed with any defensive pick. we need 2-3 solid DTs to really fill in that spot, but one really good LB can do a lot of damage (doom)

peterson/dareus/fairley/miller .... i'm on board with any and all of the above. we need playmakers in the worst kind of way

Comment

Originally posted by lolcopter View Post
        peterson/dareus/fairley/miller .... i'm on board with any and all of the above. we need playmakers in the worst kind of way
        Same here. I was scared about Fairley's character concerns but found no solid evidence to support the negative reports that mention lack of passion and motivation. It looks like he loves football. His play on the field is outstanding.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lolcopter View Post
          our entire defense is garbage and i won't be disappointed with any defensive pick. we need 2-3 solid DTs to really fill in that spot, but one really good LB can do a lot of damage (doom)

I'm still skeptical with Miller, but if they take him, i'll support the pick and hope for the best.

But do agree, won't be dissapointed with either of those players, we need help everywhere, we'll see soon enough.

Comment

1. Marcell Dareus
            2. Robert Quinn

It's that simple, if Dareus goes #1 you take the best DE.

Doubling up on d-line in the 2nd round so we can add a luxury pick at #2 is a bad idea, Austin will be gone, chances are Phil Taylor will be gone, and mostly all of the good DE's will be gone. We cannot afford to trade up, we need our picks!

It's gotta be d-line or bust at #2!

Comment

I'm a HUGE fan of Dareus, but I also honestly beleive that Von Miller is a special talent. If he's anything like Derrick Thomas, our prayers for a very formidable pass rush will have been answered. And yes, I fully believe he can play in space and cover RBs/TEs. In my opinion, it's a no lose situation.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                1. Marcell Dareus
                2. Robert Quinn
                I was a defender of that route weeks ago but now I'm not so sure. Quinn has the brain tumor which is a concern and might strike back. Bowers has a bad knee. Dumervil is the RDE, a LDE 2nd overall is not that tempting. The top DEs have fallen. I see Watt and Jordan as 4-3 DEs, but not 2nd overall.

EDIT: Despite the praise for this DL class, I think only 1 DE will go in the top 10. JJ Watt, 9th overall to Dallas. Brain tumor and bad knee with knock Quinn and Bowers out.
                Last edited by -Rod-; 04-26-2011, 02:00 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

I have been on the Fairley bandwagon all year. Watching him during the college season, I was impressed with how dominant and disruptive he was. I am now starting to change my mind.

The reason for changing my opinion of him is that I have seen him on a couple of programs and the guy just doesn't seem to be very intelligent. With the complexities of NFL defensive schemes, I would prefer a good, intelligent player. Guys who don't think on the field are a liability. They also tend to get into more trouble when they're off the field, too.

For this reason, I think Dareus would be a safer pick. He is articulate and has great athleticism for a man his size.

If Dareus is not available, then I think the coaching staff could do special things with Von Miller. Miller also had an outstanding college year and he sounds intelligent in the programs I have seen him on.
                  sigpic

Comment

I would prefer Dareus, but wouldn't be crushed if we got Miller or Fairley instead. From what I've read, Peterson has great potential but is not quite ready for prime time; in addition, I think we could get a very good cornerback later in the draft. I'm really curious who we get in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeBassett View Post
                      I would prefer Dareus, but wouldn't be crushed if we got Miller or Fairley instead. From what I've read, Peterson has great potential but is not quite ready for prime time; in addition, I think we could get a very good cornerback later in the draft. I'm really curious who we get in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
                      imo it's peterson or forget about it until later. otherwise the guy will just get the alphonso smith treatment all over again

Comment

The questions still remains;
                        1. What will the salary cap look like?
                        2. Will there be a rookie salary wage scale?

With no CBA in place yet, there is no salary cap in place or no rookie wage scale. There is no guarantee that when the CBA is worked out, that there will be a wage scale.

With no wage scale, it means that the #2 pick could be a very expensive one. That would take Peterson off the table as we have Champ who just got a new contract.

We can not assume that there will be a wage scale in place, assumption is the mother of all screw ups. If we figure on no wage scale, does that mean that we trade out of the top 10 to save money and gain extra picks?

So many questions, so little time!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                          1. Marcell Dareus
                          2. Robert Quinn

It's that simple, if Dareus goes #1 you take the best DE.

Doubling up on d-line in the 2nd round so we can add a luxury pick at #2 is a bad idea, Austin will be gone, chances are Phil Taylor will be gone, and mostly all of the good DE's will be gone. We cannot afford to trade up, we need our picks!

It's gotta be d-line or bust at #2!
                          So if CAR takes Dareus we should reach on a guy that wouldnt start for us and would be a rotational player in his rookie season and possibly (i hope for his sake it doesnt happen) have issues with the tumor?

Why not take the BPA? We have needs at EVERY position on defense!!! Get a guy who is going to step in the first day and be a starter for this team. Peterson, Dareus, Miller, Fairley or trade down!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                            I was a defender of that route weeks ago but now I'm not so sure. Quinn has the brain tumor which is a concern and might strike back. Bowers has a bad knee. Dumervil is the RDE, a LDE 2nd overall is not that tempting. The top DEs have fallen. I see Watt and Jordan as 4-3 DEs, but not 2nd overall.

EDIT: Despite the praise for this DL class, I think only 1 DE will go in the top 10. JJ Watt, 9th overall to Dallas. Brain tumor and bad knee with knock Quinn and Bowers out.
                            Wow, I didn't know Quinn had a brain tumor, shows what I know huh?

Comment

how im thinking if we dont grab

1.dareus
                              2.miller

then we trade down say with washington or texans then we

grab...

1.liuget
                              2.fairley
                              3.quinn
                              4. bowers

im not high on fairley cause i just feel liuget is better can improve alot more thsan any dt he is extreamly consistent

Comment

Working...
                              X