Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel about the Von Miller selection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you feel about the Von Miller selection?

Exactly as the poll indicates.
    Fantastic! He'll certainly have immediate impact for us!
    68.98%
    Terrible! We needed defensive linemen!
    5.28%
    We could have done better, we could have done worse.
    14.85%
    Not sure.
    10.89%
    sigpic

Would have been nice if we could have got the same player 2 years ago instead of Knowshow in Brian Orakpo, but hopefully he becomes a sack monster, we havent had a feared pass rush game in forever even with Doom.
    sigpic

Champ Bailey in 2005
    30 times thrown at, 10 interceptions, 10 receptions, 10 incompletions

Comment

Feels right. I think he fits. He's going to become one of the "heart and soul" leaders of the new improved defense. He's kind of like the Tim Tebow of linebackers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
        Feels right. I think he fits. He's going to become one of the "heart and soul" leaders of the new improved defense. He's kind of like the Tim Tebow of linebackers.
        Maybe we've finally found a replacement for Al Wilson, eh?
        sigpic

Comment

I think I have to see how tomorrow plays out, but if we get some DLine I will make do since he could be extremely dangerous and getting pressure on the QB is needed. I hoped for Fairley so we could get disruptive force from our front 4, but with this creative D we might be running he is athletic and will help us.

Adopted Broncos:
          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
          Adopted posters:
          Everyone

Comment

You won't be sorry!!

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
              Yep, or a successor. No replacing Al, but his impact could set an example.

Comment

I like it. He was the player I wanted most.....I would have been happy with any of the "big three" (miller, dareus, peterson), but he was my #1.

I think we can get a good DT in round #2.....

Comment

I like the pick with as many holes as our d has you dont pass on a guy like that. Everybody thinks he wont be used properly in a 4-3 but come on do you really think Fox Elway Xanders and Allen wont adjust the scheme to fit him.
                  sigpic
                  photo by my GF...http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

Comment

I like it, as long as we take a DT in the 2nd round, i'm ok with it.

Comment

Miller is a talent but he was not the biggest need for this team, i hope he succeeds but i want to get a good DT now and maybe get Mebane from the Seahawks .

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                        No, as the MLB, Al ran the defense. I don't know if Von will be able to do that, but I think he's an upgrade over what we had on the strong side. So, Miller on SLB, DJ on WLB and Haggan or Mays at MLB?

Not as good as the LB corps we had during the glory years, but better than we've had in the last five years.

We still need to upgrade our DT. And that's assuming that Ayers can handle duties at Strongside DE. Doom will be ok at the weakside. We can likely fill in one of the DT spots with Vickerson, but we still need depth so we can keep them fresh, so at least two more Defensive linemen, a safety, a running back
                        You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

He will be tremendous and now we go get a D tackle with our second pick, another lineman or safety with our second 2 and a TE with our 3rd.

Comment

Von Miller WILL be good in coverage and against the run!

Some of you need to actually watch his gametape before you judge him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtZcPMjiuho (vs. Texas)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkDdpgRn7Pk (vs. Nebraska)

He drops back into coverage a good 20% of the time and does just fine at moving through traffic to wrap up runners.

We have a new stud on our team, try to enjoy it.

Comment

JJ Watt......

Comment

Working...
                              X