Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel about the Von Miller selection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lolcopter View Post
    i think everyone on this board is entirely to hung up on the 3-4 or 4-3 defensive designation. we ran plenty of both over the past two seasons, and i don't expect that to change anytime soon

players will be put in position to succeed. what's important is that we're finally getting TALENT on that side of the ball. because if we've learned anything under mcd, it's that scheme and coaching can't outweigh sheer raw talent
    Exactly. You get the talent and then you build your scheme to the strengths of your talent, not the other way around.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• So who is going to have the better pro Career, Von Miller or Aaron Curry, both were drafted very high for linebackers so it seems a fair contest

Comment

• Originally posted by 15thebeast View Post
        So who is going to have the better pro Career, Von Miller or Aaron Curry, both were drafted very high for linebackers so it seems a fair contest
        miller, but they're completely different backers so it's not really a fair comparison imo

Comment

• Originally posted by lolcopter View Post
          miller, but they're completely different backers so it's not really a fair comparison imo
          fair opinion, who do you see the broncos taking with there next three picks

Comment

• Originally posted by 15thebeast View Post
            fair opinion, who do you see the broncos taking with there next three picks
            i'm hoping for austin/paea, but i wouldn't be one bit surprised by rudolph, leshure, an OT or trade back

Comment

• give it a few seasons, I think Miller can step up and be the leader of this defense like Al Wilson was.

interestingly enough, his style of play reminds me of a certain LB that used to play for the Kansas City Chiefs that was drafted very high in 1989..........
              Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII & 50 Champs

Comment

• I believe in building a team from the inside of the line out, the brass had a chance to draft a blue chip DT in Dareus, instead they opted to take a LB. I was VERY uneasy when the Broncos gave Elway a job AND took Fox fresh from his stint in Carolina. This pick did nothing to quell those worries. We'll see this time next year.

As long as you guys don't grab a QB you can still pull out a good draft in my opinion.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Puddleglum View Post
                  I believe in building a team from the inside of the line out, the brass had a chance to draft a blue chip DT in Dareus, instead they opted to take a LB. I was VERY uneasy when the Broncos gave Elway a job AND took Fox fresh from his stint in Carolina. This pick did nothing to quell those worries. We'll see this time next year.

As long as you guys don't grab a QB you can still pull out a good draft in my opinion.
                  You build a team around talent in multiple positions. We are assembling that over the next couple of drafts. There are some "experts" who have as many as 4 DTs projected in the 1st next year. This is before the "one year wonders" shoot up the boards. I believe we will be an improved team. And as such I would expect we pick in the 8-16 range next year and at that time it will do much better to target a 1st round DT than reaching for guys this year or overpaying top 5 money for a rotational guy(Dareus)

Comment

• I love the pick.

Watching his presser he seems like a sharp kid. Dominating player in college. He seems to love football.

I like that he is in on the lawsuit with the players. Day one everyone in the locker room knows where he stands and what he is about. I think you get him around Dawkins and Champ and he learns how to be a leader.
                    Kyle: Dude! I almost thought those Afghani kids talked you into not liking America.
                    Stan: No, dude. America may have some problems, but it's our home. Our team. And if you don't wanna root for your team, then you should get the hell out of the stadium.
                    Kyle: Yeah.
                    Stan:<salutes the American flag> Go America.
                    Kyle:<salutes> Go America...

Kyle: Go Broncos.
                    Stan: Yeah, go Broncos.
                    Cartman: Yeah.

Comment

• I'm happy about it. We got a great football player in the front seven, and arguably the BPA in the entire draft.
                      sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

• Originally posted by Puddleglum View Post
                        I believe in building a team from the inside of the line out, the brass had a chance to draft a blue chip DT in Dareus, instead they opted to take a LB. I was VERY uneasy when the Broncos gave Elway a job AND took Fox fresh from his stint in Carolina. This pick did nothing to quell those worries. We'll see this time next year.

The thought process was that we have a lot of needs, SLB being a pretty big need on defense. Since we had the option to take either the best DT in the draft or the best LB in the draft, we decided to go with LB because DT is much deeper than LB is. Now we're looking at potentially getting Paea or Austin with our first 2nd round pick. And really Austin has the 2nd highest ceiling at DT in this draft so if we get him we could end up with a top 10 DT in the league as well as a terror off the edge.

I think this pick also says that we believe Vickerson will be a good starter for us so we only need to draft 1 starting DT as opposed to 2, and I'm not saying we won't take another DT. We probably will but it'll be later in the draft and it'll be a project.

Comment

Working...
                        X