Broncos might bring back J-Wall, Bannan and Marcus Thomas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos might bring back J-Wall, Bannan and Marcus Thomas

Just sat down with John Fox. He says there's a chance they re-sign J-Williams and J-Bannan when/if free agency opens.
    http://twitter.com/#!/VicLombardi

Marcus Thomas too

Elway said team hopes Marcus Thomas will remain on the team; thinks he's a better fit as DT in the 4-3 than 3-4; could start w/ Vickerson.
    http://twitter.com/#!/PostBroncos
    Last edited by Broncoholic3233; 04-30-2011, 06:20 PM.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Ill pass, only if they take a lot less and we can't get haynesworth and mebane/cofield

Comment

Maybe just for reinsurance, incase they don't get their guy.

Comment

Two very underrated players, would be very good in a rotation.

Williams looked great in the second half last year and Bannan was the team's best DE last year.

Williams is definitely the big guy Fox looks for in his DT.

Comment

Why not? Both played well and we have 1 DT lol

Comment

Bannan yes. JWall no.

Comment

Williams was a joke last year. he was innefective as a 2 down NT and has obviously lost the edge. I love the tandem of mebane and bannan though

Comment

Bannan yes, if they bring back JWall, so be it.

Bannan played well at the end of the year, was surprised he was cut.

Comment

Bannan was one of our 3 defenders that looked above average last year(DJ, Champ). I wouldn't mind bringing him back. I was pretty surprised to be honest, when we cut him earlier in the offseason, then I thought that it could just be to avoid paying him his bonus. I'd be more than happy to bring him back, and wouldn't be disappointed at all if he was in our starting lineup.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jman81647 View Post
                    Williams was a joke last year. he was innefective as a 2 down NT and has obviously lost the edge. I love the tandem of mebane and bannan though
                    You're expecting way too much out of him then, because he did his job, well.

He took up his double teams and penetrated on occasion, but he was more the big space eater and Fields was the penetrator.

In the 34, the DT has the hardest job on the field and gets all the blame if the run D sucks, wrongfully so.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                      Bannan yes, if they bring back JWall, so be it.

Bannan played well at the end of the year, was surprised he was cut.
                      It was a salary cut. They wanted to avoid paying him a large, unreasonable bonus.

Comment

Bannan was very upset from what I've heard/read, understandably so. Just gotta hope he wouldn't hold a grudge.

I'd like them both back. Plus another FA or so
                        2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                          It was a salary cut. They wanted to avoid paying him a large, unreasonable bonus.
                          I know about the money part, just saying he was one of the few bright spots on defense last year.

I hope he comes back, we need the bodies at DT.

Comment

Line Positions

One of the more interesting phenomena I have observed on football practice and playing fields is how a position change on the offensive or defensive line can make an average player very good.

On DL, there is a big difference between zero tech and 3 tech. Even 5 to 3 has significance although one guy should be able to play both.

The main thing the Broncos need from their DTs in 2011 (if there is a 2011 season) is run D; eat up blocks. No pass rush other than pushing and collapsing the pocket is necessary. Pass rush will be coming from other directions.

Line stunts with a split-front four man line are easier and more productive than with an odd three man front. Expect to see a lot of slants, pinches and twists.

All the Broncos need is four big dudes who can rotate to stay fresh and stuff the run.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I think the thing to remember with both Bannan and JWall is that they were playing in a 3-4 defense last year. This year it will be a 4-3 defense and should theoretically offer more opportunities for the interior linemen to showcase their talent instead of facing double teams on almost every play.

Comment

Working...
                              X