Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fox Names Mays starting MLB ... For Now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thehorsesmouth View Post

3. Woodyard will likely start the other LB spot, hopefully he plays well so we can move dj for a pick. I loved DJ's production, but i would like to see good leaders on this team, not drunk driving, quiet guys who make plays but not games. Maybe the leadership of the new guys will eventually help us not have to move him, time will tell. I don't know much about Miller's leadership qualities. Nate seems to be the man though.
    I highly doubt woodyard flat out wins the WLB spot over DJ

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
      Rotoworld.com

Anyway I didn't really expect him to be on the top of the Depth chart.. Guess all this proves is DJ is WLB and Haggan is probably a SAM.
      If Mays is the best we can do we are doomed. The guy is a penalty waiting to happen and can't get off blockers. I like his attitude and he certainly tries hard, but he's a stupid player and not strong enough.

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerEra06 View Post
        I loved what Mays did for us last year.

Even though we were struggling, he showed up every game he played in and played as if it was a playoff game.

I'm not sure what "it" is, but he definitely has something.

DJ, Mays and Miller at LB would be pretty beastly....We can let Irvin develop for a while and make a decision later on pending on how Mays is doing.

No reason why we cant have fresh players on the field at all times though. Ayers, Haggan and Woodyard can all be productive as well.
        DJ is an outright liability. Based on last year he should be cut, but maybe he'll turn it around with a new coach. Haagan and Ayers may be OK. Mays is just a stupid player and too weak to play the middle - but again he might come around. But DJ has to go. He's a bum

Comment

Nate Irving will take over the starting spot, not sure when, but he will. The difference is that for now, every time I saw Mays go out on the field and zeroed on his target he did not slack off. He came in and helped out a team in need and help out this team when it really did not have much emotional leaders on the field.

Nate Irving is suppose to be that kind of player too, if you saw the interviews, then you saw the comment. "When we talk to Nate about bringing back the Orange Crush, he smiled ear to ear". Thats the kind of player I want on D.
          sigpic

Comment

Totally agree

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
            Please lets not use Mays and Elite in the same sentence. I'll admit, he had a couple of good games, but lets just chill out on the "Elite" level status.

EFX loves Irving because of his LEADERSHIP, speed, instincts, and style of play, so I hardly doubt Mays is going to be able to hold him back.

Woodyard has gotten more consistent NFL experience than Mays have. So now what. Reality is we're probably going to be starting atleast 4 rookies this year, which Elway and Xanders said they were looking for with our 1st 4 picks.

And like I told MUG, if D.J. is suspended for the first 4 games, i'm not 100% convinced that D.J. would get back on the field. Let's be honest, we all know that Woodyard is a BEAST on the Weakside. And since D.J. is on his last leg with us, we may just move on without him.
            I totally agree with ya JayJack! I think there is a strong chance that D.J. gets traded this season. I wonder what the rest of the NFL thinks of D.J's trade value.

What is D.J. Williams' trade value?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BiggyBoy660 View Post
              I totally agree with ya JayJack! I think there is a strong chance that D.J. gets traded this season. I wonder what the rest of the NFL thinks of D.J's trade value.

I'm thinking a 2nd rounder is fair. He has been solid over the years with tackles. If he doesn't do anything stupid off the field again, Id love for him to stay.
              sigpic

Comment

Lets see....a 29 year old LB who may be suspended for his 2 DUI who has not been super outstanding in his career and has a pretty big salary on the books still......not much I would say. 5th round at best. Santonio Holes was traded for a 5th rounder and he was the SB MVP. DJ isn't going anywhere.
                sigpic

Comment

Honestly, I don't think we could get more than a 4th rd pick him. IF we decided to trade him, I think we would be better off trying to do a player for player trade rather than D.J. for a draft pick.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jayjayusa View Post
                    We still have a weak ass defense...
                    I only see names, not real quality, but maybe It's just the scars from last year talking. With real coaching maybe we can really do a 180º...I've seen that happen before.
                    good coaching and the doctor doom duo
                    “4th quarter comebacks means a guy screwed up in the first three quarters.” ~Peyton

Comment

Working...
                    X