Miller, Doom, Ayers over/under sacks 2011 poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller, Doom, Ayers over/under sacks 2011 poll

33 is the number. I believe this trio can achieve 40 sacks with Allen's deceptive scheming.

What do you think?
    This trio will achieve more than 33 sacks in 2011
    47.06%
    This trio will have less than 33 sacks in 2011
    52.94%
    "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

Less I think
    I think Doom himself will get around 14
    Ayers prolly around 6 since he will prolly play a lot of 3 tech in our nickel defenses
    I could see Miller getting around 10 himself

still fantastic for a rookie IMO but I dont know if we will be able to consistently put teams in long passing situations to rack up tons of sacks

Comment

I can see at least 33 happening. The opposing team can't block all of these pass rushers. Especially Doom on one side and Miller off the edge. I think it all falls on Ayers, if he can produce like he did at Tenn then I can't see why it wouldn't be possible. I believe Doom and Miller both reach double digits with ease. Ayers is my question mark.

Now a lot also depends on the rest of the team as well. If we don't get some solid DT on this team then the opposing teams may never have to drop back. We witnessed last year a lot of teams gashing this defense with the run game. If we can stop the run and make teams play catch up behind our offense, Doom, Miller, Ayers and company will have a field day.
      sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

Barring injury, this should be a sack-happy season.

Comment

I believe its possible, however I voted under. 33 sacks between only 3 people is a lot, I don't care how good they are (11 per person). Seeing as how I don't see Ayers getting 11 more around 5 or 6 because he will be pushed inside on passing downs and he hasn't showed the ability to pile up sacks. I know he was in a new position and he had a bunch of hurries, I'm a fan of his and think he is underrated. BUT I can't say he will get any more than that yet. That leaves 14 for each Doom & Miller, I believe they will each be very successful this season but two players on one team with 14 rarely ever happens (if ever, I was to lazy this morning to do some research).

If this thread was said 25 and not 33 I would have voted yes. Which is still huge for just 3 players. Especially because as a team last year the Broncos sacked the opposing QB 24 times.
          sigpic

Comment

I believe its possible, however I voted under. 33 sacks between only 3 people is a lot, I don't care how good they are (11 per person). Seeing as how I don't see Ayers getting 11 more around 5 or 6 because he will be pushed inside on passing downs and he hasn't showed the ability to pile up sacks. I know he was in a new position and he had a bunch of hurries, I'm a fan of his and think he is underrated. BUT I can't say he will get any more than that yet. That leaves 14 for each Doom & Miller, I believe they will each be very successful this season but two players on one team with 14 rarely ever happens (if ever, I was to lazy this morning to do some research).

If this thread was said 25 and not 33 I would have voted yes. Which is still huge for just 3 players. Especially because as a team last year the Broncos sacked the opposing QB 24 times.
            Your right it is a lot, but the 2007 Giants achieved 31 from tuck, osi and straham...so it can be done. I think Doom is a lock for around 15 if healthy. He won't have double teams like in the past because of Miller's presence. Miller will probably be close to the same number...I think close to 30 between the two of them is very doable. The true benefactor of having the presence of these two guys around him is Ayers. Ayers should be able to get 6 to 8 sacks no problem with defenses having to focus on Miller/Doom.
            "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

Comment

Miller and Doom, yeah...
              Ayers, not so much...
              So I see under 33 sacks happening. Probably Miller and Doom will have double digit numbers in sacks, maybe 10 each...
              sigpic

Comment

Ayers isn't really much of a pass rusher. IF we were to get over 33 sacks, both Miller and Dumervil would have to get about 17 sacks each. And that's a lot of sacks each. Love to see it happen, but I doubt it.

Under
                sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

I would say 27-29 sacks combined.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
                    Ayers isn't really much of a pass rusher. IF we were to get over 33 sacks, both Miller and Dumervil would have to get about 17 sacks each. And that's a lot of sacks each. Love to see it happen, but I doubt it.

Under
                    So your saying Ayers will not get a single sack. I find that hard to believe.

Comment

Each guy would have to average 11 sacks for that to actually occur... Which is not going to happen. Not trying to be a debbie-downer, but that's just not very realistic at all.

I do think they will be very good though... I can see something like this happening.

Dumervil - 12 sacks

Von Miller - 10 sacks

Ayers - 6 sacks.

Comment

Doom/Miller/Beal that's a group that will get after the QB..

Comment

Originally posted by broncofan68701 View Post
                          So your saying Ayers will not get a single sack. I find that hard to believe.
                          I'm sure he could get a couple, but he's never been an effective pass rusher. It's not like he's Jared Allen.
                          sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                          Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Under. That's a huge number for three players to get.

Comment

Under. I think that's way to many to get this season maybe they can year after.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X