X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumervil- 14 sacks

Miller- 8 sacks

Ayers- 7 sacks

Under, but will be fun to watch this defense.

Comment

Under...

Dumervil = 12
      Ayers = 5
      Miller = 5

Comment

Ayers=6
        Dumervil=12
        Miller=8

Comment

I say over. I see Doom setting the record by week 14, then smashing it by 4 sacks this season! I also see Ayers getting 3-4 at most, and Miller with 10 while taking both DROY and ROY! Sorry if I'm gonna dream, I dream big!!!
          #swapping

Comment

Under.

Doom - 12
            Ayers - 5
            Miller - 7
            sigpic
            Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Doom 10.....Ayers 4.....Miller 8......Yeah wont even be close
              Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Red-Falcon View Post
                Miller and Doom, yeah...
                Ayers, not so much...
                So I see under 33 sacks happening. Probably Miller and Doom will have double digit numbers in sacks, maybe 10 each...
                this

My guess
                Doom - 10
                Miller - 12
                Ayers - 4

Obviously I hope they all have 20 sacks but at some point we need to look at what people did in the past, realize the situation they are in now and look at NFL trends.

Imo there is absolutely no reason to think Ayers will ever produce allot of sacks based on what I have seen from him in two years. In fact imo in two years Ayers has only really had 2-3 good games. Maybe Fox and the new coaches bring something out of him that the old coaches could not but that usually does not happen.
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Averaging 11 sacks per player is ridiculous. We can't expect Doom to break his sack record every year, especially if he's been off the field.

It's realistic to say Doomervil will get 10 sacks (which is a bit conservative, I admit).

Ayers will likely get about 8, and Von Miller may get up to 5 on his rookie year -- which isn't bad!

23 sacks give or take 5 is my estimate.

Look for Von Miller to improve significantly by year two, however.
                  Brock you like a hurricane!
                  sigpic
                  Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

Averaging 11 sacks per player is ridiculous. We can't expect Doom to break his sack record every year, especially if he's been off the field.

It's realistic to say Doomervil will get 10 sacks (which is a bit conservative, I admit).

Ayers will likely get about 8, and Von Miller may get up to 5 on his rookie year -- which isn't bad!

23 sacks give or take 5 is my estimate.

Look for Von Miller to improve significantly by year two, however.
                    I know we want to be conservative with our rookie predictions, but 5 sacks would be a major dissappointment for me from Miller in his rookie year. Derrick Thomas had 10 his first year, followed by a 20 sack season...this was back in the day where it was a run the ball first league. With the pass happy league we are in now and an arsenal of three weapons the league has never seen before, I think 33 is very doable. (This is like having Freeney, D. Thomas and Leonard Little all on the same team!)

When this trio is sent on 3rd and long, there is no stepping up in the pocket from the QB to avoid the sack...we will be coming from the edges and up the middle...a guy like Ayers will be getting a lot of hand me down sacks (and remember he has been just a second too late in the past in accumalating a few sacks).

Prediction:

Doom: 17
                    Miller : 13
                    Ayers: 7

For a total of 37
                    Last edited by MarshallMoss; 05-04-2011, 06:30 AM.
                    "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshallMoss View Post
                      I know we want to be conservative with our rookie predictions, but 5 sacks would be a major dissappointment for me from Miller in his rookie year. Derrick Thomas had 10 his first year, followed by a 20 sack season...this was back in the day where it was a run the ball first league. With the pass happy league we are in now and an arsenal trio the league has never seen before, I think 33 is very doable.

When this trio is sent on 3rd and long, there is no stepping up in the pocket from the QB to avoid the sack...we will be coming from the edges and up the middle...a guy like Ayers will be getting a lot of hand me down sacks (and remember he has been just a second too late in the past in accumalating a few sacks).

Prediction:

Doom: 17
                      Miller : 13
                      Ayers: 7

For a total of 37
                      My logic here is that Miller is facing a lockout offseason and a switch back to the 4-3. He has a bit on his platter, but can still rush the passer -- even if that doesn't mean sacks.

Remember, Ayers was effective at rushing the pass with Doom even though he didn't get the final number in the books. Sacks don't always tell the whole story.

If Von Miller can make tackles, provide support, and rush the passer, I'll be fine with only 5 sacks, as little as it sounds. Again though, I'm being pretty conservative.
                      Brock you like a hurricane!
                      sigpic
                      Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

Working...
                      X