Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMG it looks nasty! (Demariyus Thomas' leg)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG it looks nasty! (Demariyus Thomas' leg)

From his twitter
    Demaryius Thomas (@DemaryiusT)
    03/05/11 20.27
    Type of stuff I'm going thru right now dealing with this guy @jeremyhassler.. Killing me http://yfrog.com/h2j7xdlj
    sigpic

Originally posted by jgod654 View Post
    From his twitter
    Demaryius Thomas (@DemaryiusT)
    03/05/11 20.27
    Type of stuff I'm going thru right now dealing with this guy @jeremyhassler.. Killing me http://yfrog.com/h2j7xdlj
    Oh...my...gosh.

I think I got a lot slower and less explosive just from seeing that picture.

Comment

Holy Crap. OUCH!
      "January 25, 1998: The night God answered our prayers

Comment

I hate to be the negative one... But i really dont think he is... or should even play this season... smh thats a horrible looking injury... he probably couldnt even beat a Turtle in a race with that foot

Comment

There goes that 4.3 speed.. :brick:

Comment

He better learn how to catch and take contact. He's a possesion WR now, if he ever plays again.
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

It's good we are deep at that position, because he looks like he should be pretty limited for a while. Hope he can play this year, but if not then I hope he has a great recovery
              sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
              Sig by: MHS

Comment

My situation is not nearly as bad, but I had an ACL tear, bone contusion and hemarthrosis last month. I probably won't play again even because football is (was) my hobby and not my livelihood. The pro athlete will keep trying to see if he can still make some money with what's left of his body.

Anyway, I believe the Broncos will be in position to draft a WR in the early rounds next year. The team just drafted 6 defensive players. And we will have DTs in 2012 because they will have to be signed for the upcoming season. A draft focused on the offense (WR, RB, depth at QB) is a strong possibility.
                sigpic

Comment

Is it just me or does the leg in the picture look a little too "pale" to Demariyus' leg?

sigpic

Comment

I really would like to know exactly what is being done to him there. Are those pins in his leg? Some new type of acupuncture? Anyone have a medical term for that? Whatever it is doesn't look to comfortable.
                    sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
                      Is it just me or does the leg in the picture look a little too "pale" to Demariyus' leg?

He probably hasn't been able to get much sun on it.
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

I would rather he sits out this year and just does some catching drills instead of running, and get him back next year fully fit and hopefully still with that speed and agility, on a positive note he should know the playbook off the top his head he will be reading it for awhile with his leg like that.

Comment

Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
                          I really would like to know exactly what is being done to him there. Are those pins in his leg? Some new type of acupuncture? Anyone have a medical term for that? Whatever it is doesn't look to comfortable.
                          I showed the picture to my wife who is a nurse. She was not surprised at all and said it was just external fixation of the achilles - basically a "modern cast". She said it looks much more dramatic than it is.
                          sigpic

Comment

Unless they have some really new medical technology and rehab for this injury, he will probably be off the team in a few years at max. 36% of players who get this injury never return to play in the NFL. Every single one(100%) that did return in the study I saw, had significant performance decrease.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jgod654 View Post
                              I showed the picture to my wife who is a nurse. She was not surprised at all and said it was just external fixation of the achilled - basically a "moders cast". She said it looks much more dramatic than it is.
                              Ya that is what I was thinking. It looks like those things are sticking out of his leg like under the skin but in reality they are not, am I correct?
                              sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Working...
                              X