Comment

1. Steve Youngs hair is almost as bad as Trumps
      2. Bin Laden to rest with the fishes!
      3. The only opinions that matter are in Dove Valley
      4. To many variables to answer right now anyway
      5. Ooh rah Seal team 6
      sigpic

Comment

I'd actually agree with Dilfer, Orton has no future here, they should trade him and roll with Tebow to start the year.

And let Tebow show the FO if he's the future or not. We're rebuilding and have nothing to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by TecmoElway View Post
          Dilfer said Orton is in a lose, lose situation and can only be viewed as a scape goat by Denver fans. He said the Broncos are a really bad football team and that Orton should do everything to get out of Denver.
          I agree completely... this is why i love dilfer.

Comment

Hmm, I didn't think they were 100% backing him, but my feeling was that Edwards and Young were not mocking him when they said he could score and moves the ball. Edward's definitely seemed to be supportive of him.

Dilfer, I'd agree, he seemed to be mocking Tebow.
            This coming from the same guy (Dilfer) that sang the praises of Greg McElroy during the draft so much that I swear the guy was swinging from his sack.

Seriously, Dilfer cannot find a good thing to say about Tebow or any other QB this side of Peyton, Brady, Brees, and McElroy.

-But its fine, if he was whispering sweet nothings about Denver, then I still wouldn't like him or respect him as an analyst.

Comment

Herm like TT

http://raphaeldevaronadotcom.files.w...3/dsc05831.jpg

Seeing the last 3 games, either they are just watching TT delivery or saw that the team responded well to him as a QB.

Comment

Originally posted by pipes View Post
                This coming from the same guy (Dilfer) that sang the praises of Greg McElroy during the draft so much that I swear the guy was swinging from his sack.

Seriously, Dilfer cannot find a good thing to say about Tebow or any other QB this side of Peyton, Brady, Brees, and McElroy.

-But its fine, if he was whispering sweet nothings about Denver, then I still wouldn't like him or respect him as an analyst.
                The analysts are right that Orton is in a bad situation in Denver, and that there is a god likelihood that Tebow will not be able to replicate the college success. Orton - at most will hold the seat - unless we go 12/4 with him under center and Tebow stinks. If Tebow starts and fail - Orton will be a Saviour till the next draft comes along and then it starts over.

Tebow has question marks but he also have amazing assets. Orton is pretty much screwed in Denver - if we start out 4-1 he will still be blamed for not going 5-0.

Comment

Hmm, I didn't think they were 100% backing him, but my feeling was that Edwards and Young were not mocking him when they said he could score and moves the ball. Edward's definitely seemed to be supportive of him.

Dilfer, I'd agree, he seemed to be mocking Tebow.
                  I doubt Young would openly mock Tebow, let's remember Tampa bay and the beggninning of his tenure in SF...Not very representative of his career. So I say he's most prob thinking, let's give him a chance thats all I needed. (Plus he's a lefty, if the means anything)

About Dilfer, I could care less about a Qb who won a Superbowl because of his defense and his running game. On top of being a sub par Qb, he was such a perl at the position he was cut the next year. Talk about making a statement. He's probably the only Qb in history to be cut after winning a super bowl..What a ******...With Millen, he's the worst analyste they have on tv I think. I rather earn Gruden sing the praise of every body on the subject than him....
                  Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

Adopted Broncos:
                  -:Mr. Decker:-

Comment

I love Herm Edwards because he always outworked opponents in his playing days and pushed his teams to do that in his coaching days as well. Let's face it Tebow doesn't have to throw the prettiest ball if it gets there on time to our team. Tebow is Edwards type of player. No one outworks Tebow and that work ethic can overcome some ability shortfalls especially in a league where talent across the board is so balanced that hard work and fantastic attitude usually separates the good from the great.

Dilfer is the luckiest SB winning QB in history and that is a fact. I will agree with him though Orton should want to skip town and mostly because he really doesn't seem interested in being the veteran backup that helps to the next generation improve.

Comment

What? You guys don't trust a QB to talk about QBs when he never threw for 3,000 yards (2,859 yards was the best he did) or with a career QB rating of 70.2?

I don't blame you.

I'll never forget Dilfer's Andrew Luck story. Luck was falling back at the far 35 yard line and then heaved the football 65 yards into the endzone (which it was more because of angles and what not), and he swears to God that when the pass got there, it knocked the receiver backwards. Keep in mind Luck was falling back, so he couldn't even step into the throw.

It must've looked like this...but 70-something yards down the field.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5D1--T_UwE

Comment

You know what - Dilfer is a jagof & always has been since he was w/ Tampa Bay. I was there during that time. He was a substandard, journeyman QB who do you think he's got a rooting interest for?

He also is from California, Rivers is his favorite QB in the league & said that Cam Newton is one of the best he's ever seen (paraphrase).

That guy stunk so bad in Tampa that Brad Johnson had to step in to help them get over the hump. Then he stunk w/ the Ratbirds, then the Clowns, then the Seahawks, then the 49ers...you get the picture. Dilfer likes to talk about getting a PhD in football, all the while his came from the University of Phoenix of football (sincere apologies for any PhD UoP holders).

If anyone is to be listened to it is Steve Young....and no I don't think he was mocking Tim. He went on national TV last year and defended Tim and said he's the real deal & something special.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                          I hate Trent Dilfer like the guy has right say anything most undeserving QB that won a Super Bowl. Be better thank 2000 Ravens Defense for the free ring....
                          Originally posted by nic.zeman24 View Post
                          I know ..he acts like other QBs worship him they are like who the hell is trent Dilfer
                          Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
                          Dilfer rhymes with whoosh.
                          Originally posted by Southtown View Post
                          You know what - Dilfer is a jagof & always has been since he was w/ Tampa Bay. I was there during that time. He was a substandard, journeyman QB who do you think he's got a rooting interest for?

He also is from California, Rivers is his favorite QB in the league & said that Cam Newton is one of the best he's ever seen (paraphrase).

That guy stunk so bad in Tampa that Brad Johnson had to step in to help them get over the hump. Then he stunk w/ the Ratbirds, then the Clowns, then the Seahawks, then the 49ers...you get the picture. Dilfer likes to talk about getting a PhD in football, all the while his came from the University of Phoenix of football (sincere apologies for any PhD UoP holders).

If anyone is to be listened to it is Steve Young....and no I don't think he was mocking Tim. He went on national TV last year and defended Tim and said he's the real deal & something special.
                          Ask any member of that Ravens team, and the team after they let Dilfer go...

He was the unquestioned leader of that team, and when Billick drop kicked him out the team didn't know how to respond.

Everyone wants to make fun of Dilfer and say that the D won him a ring, but if that were true, why didn't the Ravens win another ring the next year? They had every starter on D back almost.
                          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Dilfer & Co. get paid for spewing thier opinions. Let the boys get paid, smile, nod & move on. Till you get points on the scoreboard for "journalist's" opinion, who cares?
                            "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                              Ask any member of that Ravens team, and the team after they let Dilfer go...

He was the unquestioned leader of that team, and when Billick drop kicked him out the team didn't know how to respond.

Everyone wants to make fun of Dilfer and say that the D won him a ring, but if that were true, why didn't the Ravens win another ring the next year? They had every starter on D back almost.
                              They won 7 games that year.....and are in the same division w/ the Steelers who happened to win 10 games that year.

Edit: ^^that was the next year. The year after they won the SB they went all the way to the Division Championship.......where the Steelers housed them 27-10
                              Last edited by Southtown; 05-04-2011, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Regardless of ...

... how successful he was as an NFL QB, Trent Dilfer is an assiduous student of the game and the quarterback position. I like to hear what he has to say because I'm a student of the game, too. I enjoyed his comments at the draft.

He likes Kyle Orton and maybe he sympathizes with him. He has criticisms of Tebow, but I'm sure Tim himself is interested in them. Part of being coachable is the willingness to take criticism, seeing yourself through the eyes of others and improving as a result.

It is unnecessary to run down some one expressing an opinion differing from one's own. Being open to other viewpoints widens one's perspective.
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                                X