X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neckbeard
    replied
    Originally posted by Louich View Post
    1-I didn't know the skins offered Campell and the same package.. I'd take Orton too loll

2-Orton had one year to learn the system, I say it's normal to say he was ahead in TC

3-I dont know if he would have survived the year anyways: spy gate 2, dismembering the offense, misusing most of the picks he had, trading for poor value, etc. He got what was comming at him I say (IMO)

4-I would not say him picking Orton was meaningless but he prob didn't have much choice, Campell, Grosman and Orton...Cassel was his choice I guess and Orton was the closest to the model I guess.

5-well, to each his own opinion I guess

6-he also gave Palmer and Sanchez (wink wink)
    CPs to you for making intelligent points!

Leave a comment:

• Louich
    replied
    Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
    1-McD also chose to trade Cutler to Chicago specifically to get Orton - the 'Skins offered an identical trade with higher picks, but their QB offering was Jason Campbell. Kyle wasn't a "throw in" on that trade, McD - that "ultimate QB coach" went after KO purposely.
    2-And after acquiring Tebow, McD intended to trade Orton and start Timmy immediately - besides preferring Tebow, Josh was infuriated that Orton skipped all voluntary off-season workouts. But Orton was just so much better in OTAs & TC that even McD had to admit it and name Kyle the starter.
    3- That continued right up until the day Josh was fired, even though the Tebow boosters claim that he could have saved his job if only he had started Timmy.

4-Why is the fact that "QB guru" Josh McDaniels picked Tebow shouted as absolute proof of TT's greatness, but his pick of Orton is meaningless?

5-Dungy has declared Tebow WILL be a great QB. Ditka likes Tebow, but he likes Cam Newton as well. Same with Parcells. Given how Ditka & Parcells are both praising the most (fan) popular QBs in their respective draft classes, you have to wonder how much actual critical thinking went into those statements.

6-Pete Carroll gave the NFL Matt Leinart - so take from that what you will.

Yeah, I think that they're all just guessing too...
    1-I didn't know the skins offered Campell and the same package.. I'd take Orton too loll

2-Orton had one year to learn the system, I say it's normal to say he was ahead in TC

3-I dont know if he would have survived the year anyways: spy gate 2, dismembering the offense, misusing most of the picks he had, trading for poor value, etc. He got what was comming at him I say (IMO)

4-I would not say him picking Orton was meaningless but he prob didn't have much choice, Campell, Grosman and Orton...Cassel was his choice I guess and Orton was the closest to the model I guess.

5-well, to each his own opinion I guess

6-he also gave Palmer and Sanchez (wink wink)

Leave a comment:

• Crazy8
    replied
    McD also chose to trade Cutler to Chicago specifically to get Orton - the 'Skins offered an identical trade with higher picks, but their QB offering was Jason Campbell. Kyle wasn't a "throw in" on that trade, McD - that "ultimate QB coach" went after KO purposely. And after acquiring Tebow, McD intended to trade Orton and start Timmy immediately - besides preferring Tebow, Josh was infuriated that Orton skipped all voluntary off-season workouts. But Orton was just so much better in OTAs & TC that even McD had to admit it and name Kyle the starter. That continued right up until the day Josh was fired, even though the Tebow boosters claim that he could have saved his job if only he had started Timmy.

Why is the fact that "QB guru" Josh McDaniels picked Tebow shouted as absolute proof of TT's greatness, but his pick of Orton is meaningless?

So, you think it's a referendum on Orton because McD preferred him to Jason Campbell?

That's like me preferring Tim Couch to Ryan Leaf. It doesn't matter, they're both bad. It was the two 2 1st rounders that I'd be after. Orton was just a better throw-in QB.

It's not like McD had his pick of any QB in the league and chose Orton.

Leave a comment:

• Jay3
    replied
    Why is the fact that "QB guru" Josh McDaniels picked Tebow shouted as absolute proof of TT's greatness, but his pick of Orton is meaningless?
    It's not meaningless at all -- do you think it is?

Dungy has declared Tebow WILL be a great QB. Ditka likes Tebow, but he likes Cam Newton as well. Same with Parcells. Given how Ditka & Parcells are both praising the most (fan) popular QBs in their respective draft classes, you have to wonder how much actual critical thinking went into those statements.

Pete Carroll gave the NFL Matt Leinart - so take from that what you will.

Don't you see -- there's nobody that could pass your test of having a worthwhile opinion. Gruden is as good as anyone to give a comment. If for no other reason, he's a successful NFL coach who has spent lots of time on the subject.

In my opinion, the "great divide" is not between "QB gurus" and non-QB gurus, but rather between the guys who actually worked in the NFL, and the guys who don't (like Colin Cowherd, Mike & Mike, all the clowns on Denver's local radio, Kiper, McShay, etc.).

Guys that are from the league know there's a whole lot more to it.

Leave a comment:

• neckbeard
    replied
    Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
    But McD was heretofore the ultimate "QB coach" and he picked Tebow. His pick is dismissed.
    McD also chose to trade Cutler to Chicago specifically to get Orton - the 'Skins offered an identical trade with higher picks, but their QB offering was Jason Campbell. Kyle wasn't a "throw in" on that trade, McD - that "ultimate QB coach" went after KO purposely. And after acquiring Tebow, McD intended to trade Orton and start Timmy immediately - besides preferring Tebow, Josh was infuriated that Orton skipped all voluntary off-season workouts. But Orton was just so much better in OTAs & TC that even McD had to admit it and name Kyle the starter. That continued right up until the day Josh was fired, even though the Tebow boosters claim that he could have saved his job if only he had started Timmy.

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
    Dungy, Ditka, Parcells are all high on Tebow, all Super Bowl champions, but they aren't "quarterbacky" enough.

Lane Kiffen is high on Tebow, but he's a college coach now.

Pete Carroll is high on Tebow, but he apparently also likes Charlie Whitehurst.

There are plenty of coaches out there that are believers that Tebow can do it, but you're tending to dismiss them in the belief that there is an elusive "quarterback coach" prototype who declares what guys can and can't do.

Sometimes I think they're all guessing as much as we are.
    Dungy has declared Tebow WILL be a great QB. Ditka likes Tebow, but he likes Cam Newton as well. Same with Parcells. Given how Ditka & Parcells are both praising the most (fan) popular QBs in their respective draft classes, you have to wonder how much actual critical thinking went into those statements.

Pete Carroll gave the NFL Matt Leinart - so take from that what you will.

Leave a comment:

• Jay3
    replied
    GRUDEN WAS/IS A GOOD COACH. I never said that he wasn't. Just that QBs aren't a particular strength of his.
    But McD was heretofore the ultimate "QB coach" and he picked Tebow. His pick is dismissed.

Dungy, Ditka, Parcells are all high on Tebow, all Super Bowl champions, but they aren't "quarterbacky" enough.

Lane Kiffen is high on Tebow, but he's a college coach now.

Pete Carroll is high on Tebow, but he apparently also likes Charlie Whitehurst.

There are plenty of coaches out there that are believers that Tebow can do it, but you're tending to dismiss them in the belief that there is an elusive "quarterback coach" prototype who declares what guys can and can't do.

Sometimes I think they're all guessing as much as we are.

Leave a comment:

• neckbeard
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post

I jest, I jest...
    Dammit.

Caught myself just before I PM'd you for payment arrangements...

Leave a comment:

• PowderAddict
    replied
    Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    He's not even THIRTY YEARS OLD yet, why should he? I'm not saying we should keep him, but give me a break if you honestly believe he should take Tim under his wing and help him take his job. Insanity.
    The problem with this is that Orton is not just trying to keep 1 starting job - he's auditioning for 31 other teams.

I've always been of the opinion if you make yourself as valuable as possible, others will value you.

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    How much are we talkin' here?

I jest, I jest...

Leave a comment:

• neckbeard
    replied
    Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
    LOL! I want a 2nd or a 3rd for Orton. I'd pay someone to take neckbeard.
    How much are we talkin' here?

Leave a comment:

• Letswinplz77
    replied
    Originally posted by TorBronco View Post
    I love Herm Edwards because he always outworked opponents in his playing days and pushed his teams to do that in his coaching days as well. Let's face it Tebow doesn't have to throw the prettiest ball if it gets there on time to our team. Tebow is Edwards type of player. No one outworks Tebow and that work ethic can overcome some ability shortfalls especially in a league where talent across the board is so balanced that hard work and fantastic attitude usually separates the good from the great.

Dilfer is the luckiest SB winning QB in history and that is a fact. I will agree with him though Orton should want to skip town and mostly because he really doesn't seem interested in being the veteran backup that helps to the next generation improve.
    He's not even THIRTY YEARS OLD yet, why should he? I'm not saying we should keep him, but give me a break if you honestly believe he should take Tim under his wing and help him take his job. Insanity.

Leave a comment:

• BluenOrnge4Life
    replied
    Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
    You won't have to once Orton is gone.

A 2nd + 3rd would be ideal, but I'd also trade him for a DT/RB.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy8
    replied
    Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
    Can't wait till Orton is gone and this is over. Come on New CBA!!!

Leave a comment:

• BluenOrnge4Life
    replied
    Can't wait till Orton is gone and this is over. Come on New CBA!!!

Leave a comment:

• Crazy8
    replied
    Originally posted by Luckyshot View Post
    Please do not forget the team he faced in the SuperBowl was the team he built. So yes Gruden road Dungy's team, but the raiders were riding his creation.
    Why wouldn't he just forget that little piece of information? It doesn't help his argument.

A Gruden coached Raider team would've beat a Dungy coached Bucs if it was the same situation (Raiders vs Bucs), but different coaches. To me it was the fact that Gruden knew that Raiders team so well that got the Bucs that victory. QB play made a big difference especially down the stretch in 2002. I give Gruden a lot of credit for working with Brad Johnson down that stretch.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X