Short Message To My Bronco Buds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Message To My Bronco Buds

It's been a tough go for the last few years.......maybe even since we made the playoffs way back when. I don't know about you, but I am very much "energized" by what I feel is happening in our organization, and can't wait for the future to unfold.

I don't expect anything major this year, but I am very confident we are playoff bound next year and for years to come. We have a solid, experienced and yet youthful new leadership team, who have already won my vote. They had a very good draft! They followed their process and made it work. And don't worry about our D.......Fox knows D! And we now have young DC with huge potential.

As for our team.....lets just say we have a lot of talent right now, and the optimism within is going to be contagious. When I think of Tebow, Miller, Doom, Clady, Champ, Royal, Moreno, DJ, Moore, Lloyd, Decker, Beadles, Walton, Franklin, Ayers......and on and on......I get a very good feeling inside. There is talent and enthusiasm and a lot of winners on board!!

Maybe you didn't see it the way I did, but even those last three games last year, when Tim showed some of his stuff, the whole team seemed fired up. And that was before the changes and the draft and FA/Trades....

I'm pumped about our future!!!

The glass is definitely half full and the winds now at our back! I am looking forward to this ride as the team goes all the way to the top from here.

Comment

I been pumped ever since we changed the direction of the team in 2010.

McD gone - good move
      Elway Pres - good move
      Keep Xanders - good move
      hire Fox as HC - good move
      liked allot of our assistant coach moves specially the OL Coach and DC.

Think this draft was the best we have had in a real long time. Really liked the way we approached it. We were not gonna fix this team in 1 year so lets move like we know this. Lets get the best possible player who can be starting on our team in 2 years instead of the one or two guys who maybe can give us a good fix now. It seems to me this should be our plan going into 2011 and looking at some of the quotes from Fox, Xanders and Elway this is our plan.

This team has been going downhill for a long time and while playoffs are possible any year it is gonna take 2-3 years to bring us to where we all want to be...AN ELITE TEAM.

It seems now we have a plan, we have a GM+Team Pres+Coach who will all work together as part of a team to build something special.

If we would have done this after we fired Shanahan I would have forgotten about him and his 2 Super Bowl rings allot quicker.

This is the road we need to be on imo.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

I am also excited about our direction and noticed how excited the team and broncos nation was when Tebow took over (minus one sulking guy on the bench). If there is anyone who will strive to get better - this is the guy. How could the offense and defense not feed off Tebow's emotion, passion and work ethic.

Our draft was great - all top players at their positions and players who can help us now. We need to start infusion youth into the lineup and truly rebuild this franchise. We were not one or two DT away from being a competitive team.

Comment

Originally posted by dukes88 View Post
          I am also excited about our direction and noticed how excited the team and broncos nation was when Tebow took over (minus one sulking guy on the bench). If there is anyone who will strive to get better - this is the guy. How could the offense and defense not feed off Tebow's emotion, passion and work ethic.

Our draft was great - all top players at their positions and players who can help us now. We need to start infusion youth into the lineup and truly rebuild this franchise. We were not one or two DT away from being a competitive team.
          this is so cool.....it seems every week I notice another Canadian Bronco fan.....this team is spreading like wildfire......

....and why not, we are amassing talent, energy and management skill.

In fact, I am not dismissing chances of sneaking into the playoffs this year. It might be a stretch, but if the chemistry is good, and a few guys emerge.....we may find the formula a year early.

Comment

I'm pumped about our future too. I think EFX being in charge seems like...I dunno, like the adult came back in the room & all the tomfoolery came to a screeching halt, LOL. Cooler heads are prevailing & we are on our way to climbing ourselves out of the hole we dug.

On a side note: One of the things I'm looking forward to the most next year for some reason, is hearing Invesco erupt with a "DOOOOOOOOOOM" after Elvis gets his 1st big sack of the season at home.

Damnit CanDB....got me all optimistic again. Optimism = Offseason's version of Valium, hah

"When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

I am also very pumped about the future, but I think the future is now.

QB - Tebow
              RB - Moreno
              WR - Lloyd
              WR - Gaffney
              TE - Quinn
              LT - Clady
              LG - Franklin
              C - Walton
              RG - Kuper
              RT - Beadles

With back-ups like Thomas, Green, Royal, and Decker I think we are very strong in the skill positions.

I would like to see us trade Orton, re-sign Brady, and add a FA RB to compliment Moreno, and maybe a FA linemen or two as depth.

RE - Dumervil
              DT - Vickerson
              DT - Free Agent
              LE - Ayers
              WILL - Williams
              MIKE - Irving
              SAM - Miller
              CB - Bailey
              CB - Cox
              S - Moore
              S - Carter

Our defense is now deep, the only position I really think we need to address in FA is DT. If we get the top FA DT this young D will improve immensly.

I say 2011 is going to be a good year as long as we stay healthy. I see no reason why we can't be an 8-8 team or better this year.

Comment

Love the direction, its only a matter of time until i'm triple BLAM BLAMMING all over these boards to further humiliate any who dare diss our mighty Bronco Nation! BLAM BLAM :wave:
                sigpic:rockon:

EEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEE:rockon:

Comment

Originally posted by Tellway View Post
                  Love the direction, its only a matter of time until i'm triple BLAM BLAMMING all over these boards to further humiliate any who dare diss our mighty Bronco Nation! BLAM BLAM :wave:
                  as in blam blam thank you......

let me see.......blam blam thank you for providing us some QB slam!!!!

*I'm still thinking*

Comment

Originally posted by Tellway View Post
                    Very good hopefully we sweep Chargers this year.
                    sigpic

Comment

I love the direction that our team is heading in also Can!:thumb:

I feel that we have a lot of young talent and athleticism on our team now. Hopefully our draft we just had can turn out 4+ starters (good starters to).

Besides the newly acquired talent, the thing I love most is the character of our team. Guys like Tebow and Von Miller seem like natural leaders. Nate Irving is another guy with an amazing comeback story. We also, still have our veteran leadership in Dawkins and Bailey! No more Brandon Marshall's and guys like that. We now have some character players on our team!

I'm not expecting anything spectacular after a season in which we went 4-12, but I'm still expecting a 3-5 win improvement and then with one more solid draft, playoffs!
                      sigpic
                      Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

[QUOTE=CanDB;3773870]this is so cool.....it seems every week I notice another Canadian Bronco fan.....this team is spreading like wildfire......

Add another Canadian to your list... I'm an east coaster though have been in love with team since the 80's yeah I'm that old...

read a lot but don't post much... Stay positive CanDB I love our direction too and think we finally have people in charge who don't treat football like rocket science... I loved Shanny but his drafting was like a Dan Brown novel and McD well his moves are well documented... I think both are great coaches but we have finally figured out that we want good players who are good people and then we will coach them up and let the chips fall where they will... Go Broncos!

Comment

+++

Love the positive thread. And all the canucks here!!

I am getting pretty excited. I love hearing about Tebow and VM already working out together.

I am still meh on the draft but love the talent we might have to go forward with.

I found out I might be going to the Broncos/Chargers game in Denver this fall.

Things are pretty sweet in Broncos country right now. Lets just get this labour stuff out of the way and get people back on this board!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Can, your optimism is infectious!!!! I too am excited right now. Aside from the fact we don't actually have football, the idea of what we're trying to build and do is why I'm pumped for the year.

But, I also try not to remember these same feelings one year ago...

GO BRONCOS!!!

WE WANT FOOTBALL!!!!!!!
                            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Montana - almost like Canada

Great positive post.

I have been energized by a couple of things.

Maybe the grade of the draft should be demonstrated in the last pick. Beal is going to be great.

When Tim Tebow and Von met at John Lynch's event: TT asks "do you want to work out" 2 good, talented young men who love to play football.

The future is so bright I have to wear shades
                              Waiting to hear from adoption agency

Comment

Working...
                              X