Short Message To My Bronco Buds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    we may have to form a Canadian division for the Broncos....it seems more and more are coming out of the woodwork!!!

Sorry USA.....you're stuck with us......but we'll bring beer and bacon!!!:thumb:

Bacon and Beer???

No wonder you guys north of the border are so darn happy!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by qbronco View Post
      Bacon and Beer???

No wonder you guys north of the border are so darn happy!!!
      Canadian bacon?

You mean ham....

Just kidding Canada
      sigpic
      Thank you Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Sorry USA.....you're stuck with us......but we'll bring beer and bacon!!!:thumb:

coming from overseas I don't know about Canadian beer - is it better than than xxx(1)-light-stuff?

(1) insert any known brewery e.g. Miller (no knock on 58 ), Bud, Coors

Comment

Reality sets in...

Now we have some major problems! Read entire post before quoting. I started with the second most important thing for a reason.

2. We have Orton Vs Tebow. Orton did play well last year, regardless of what has been said. Not great, but well. He has some stats but also had some miscues in clutch. Tebow (Gods gift to the Broncos) is very RAW just like Elway said. Nobody knows if he can a QB in the NFL, much less THE QB in Denver.

3. If Tebow in the future, what is the key to making him it? Is it to let him sit for another year? Is it to let him start and make the mistakes that all beginner QBs make?

4. We have no quality DTs on the team. I will not beat the Dareus thing again. We will HAVE to address during FA in a bad FA class. And, we will have to end up settling on filling a hole and not upgrading.

5. We really do not have a quality RB surface yet but we do have talent. We may be better off with Franklin to run over for the 3rd and 1 but last year is was painful to watch us fail to get a yard over and over again.

Oh, did I forget problem #1. Okay, okay here it is.....

NO CBA, NO WORKOUTS, NO MINICAMPS, season in jeopardy with a new coach.

None of our current TEAM problems are near what the major problem is!!!

Okay, now for some less negatives:

We did well to rebuild our D in the draft and did do well in the draft as a whole (stop the DT thing, we did do well).

We do at least have a QB on the roster who we know can win games.

We kept Bailey in Denver (the best move all year for EFX).

Although aging, the secondary is in good shape.

The Oline should be good this year after 2 rookie starter on it last year. These guys should start to gel now. Too bad Franklin can't come out and join the oline workouts. Our oline is young and has some potential.

oh, WE HAVE THE BEST TEAM TO ROUT FOR DURING FOOTBALL, rejoice in that.

Last edited by jmjk; 05-06-2011, 07:33 AM.
          Broncos forever!! :clap:
          \

Me and my daughter, Christmas eve 2006

My wife and my daughter, same game against the Bengals.

:wave:

Comment

Forget the QB discussion IMO. Problem is larger than that.

The biggest issue I see this coming year is the lack of contact between new coaches and the team. New FO, new coaches and new players need this time to get some idea what this team will be this coming year. Without this we are sucking air against established teams that have all that in place. I am concerned this lock-out mess is a great disservice to all the teams that are looking for change this coming year.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jmjk View Post
              Now we have some major problems!

2. We have Orton Vs Tebow. Orton did play well last year, regardless of what has been said. Not great, but well. He has some stats but also had some miscues in clutch. Tebow (Gods gift to the Broncos) is very RAW just like Elway said. Nobody knows if he can a QB in the NFL, much less THE QB in Denver.

3. If Tebow in the future, what is the key to making him it? Is it to let him sit for another year? Is it to let him start and make the mistakes that all beginner QBs make?

4. We have no quality DTs on the team. I will not beat the Dareus thing again. We will HAVE to address during FA in a bad FA class. And, we will have to end up settling on filling a hole and not upgrading.

5. We really do not have a quality RB surface yet but we do have talent. We may be better off with Franklin to run over for the 3rd and 1 but last year is was painful to watch us fail to get a yard over and over again.

Oh, did I forget problem #1. Okay, okay here it is.....

NO CBA, NO WORKOUTS, NO MINICAMPS, season in jeopardy with a new coach.

None of our current TEAM problems are near what the major problem is!!!

Okay, now for some less negatives:

We did well to rebuild our D in the draft and did do well in the draft as a whole (stop the DT thing, we did do well).

We do at least have a QB on the roster who we know can win games.

We kept Bailey in Denver (the best move all year for EFX).

Although aging, the secondary is in good shape.

The Oline should be good this year after 2 rookie starter on it last year. These guys should start to gel now. Too bad Franklin can't come out and join the oline workouts. Our oline is young and has some potential.

oh, WE HAVE THE BEST TEAM TO ROUT FOR DURING FOOTBALL, rejoice in that.

Not for nothing, but in Tebow's 3 games, they went from scoring around 20 points per game, to scoring 25 points per game. That may seem small, but that is a difference from 20th to 6th inthe NFL.

Largely due to the fact that Orton is very limited in the red zone. Tebow adds a real element in the red zone that most QBs dont have.

There is a reason he broke Emmitt Smith's record at UF for rushing TDs and broke the SEC record (Herschel Walker) for rushing TDs in a season. It isnt just falling forward for 1 yard.

He brings an entirely new element. That is the reason the Broncos in those 3 games were one of the better teams in red zone TD % in those 3 games. It is actually exactly what he has always been.

Not to mention he went down as the highest rated QB in NCAA history for passing. Not bad for a guy that supposedly cant pass. Doesnt make much sense. We all know why people hate him. However, that is often just irrational banter from people that just hate hate hate.

Thats right, maybe Broncos fans should also consider that this team has been inept in the red zone dating back to 2006. That was with Shanahan, Shanahan and Cutler. Shanahan, Cutler and Marshall. They were inept in the red zone with everyone.

You know what the Broncos ranked in the NFL for red zone TD% in those 3 games? 1st. Ok, they ranked 1st. I know it was only 3 games. Of course, you would need to count the 4 plays he played prior to him starting. In those 4 plays, how many TDs did they score? 4. Oh, right cause scoring from the goal line is so easy in the NFL.

Amazing. If Elway makes the mistake of getting rid of this kid, it will be one of the dumbest moves I will have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by thenewera44 View Post
                Not for nothing, but in Tebow's 3 games, they went from scoring around 20 points per game, to scoring 25 points per game. That may seem small, but that is a difference from 20th to 6th inthe NFL.

Largely due to the fact that Orton is very limited in the red zone. Tebow adds a real element in the red zone that most QBs dont have.

There is a reason he broke Emmitt Smith's record at UF for rushing TDs and broke the SEC record (Herschel Walker) for rushing TDs in a season. It isnt just falling forward for 1 yard.

He brings an entirely new element. That is the reason the Broncos in those 3 games were one of the better teams in red zone TD % in those 3 games. It is actually exactly what he has always been.

Not to mention he went down as the highest rated QB in NCAA history for passing. Not bad for a guy that supposedly cant pass. Doesnt make much sense. We all know why people hate him. However, that is often just irrational banter from people that just hate hate hate.

Thats right, maybe Broncos fans should also consider that this team has been inept in the red zone dating back to 2006. That was with Shanahan, Shanahan and Cutler. Shanahan, Cutler and Marshall. They were inept in the red zone with everyone.

You know what the Broncos ranked in the NFL for red zone TD% in those 3 games? 1st. Ok, they ranked 1st. I know it was only 3 games. Of course, you would need to count the 4 plays he played prior to him starting. In those 4 plays, how many TDs did they score? 4. Oh, right cause scoring from the goal line is so easy in the NFL.

Amazing. If Elway makes the mistake of getting rid of this kid, it will be one of the dumbest moves I will have ever seen.

I like Tebow and think that he is our future. I also think that throwing him to the wolves and letting him start this year is the thing to do. He has success but also the DRIVE and WORK ETHIC to be THE QB on this team. BUT, that is not our biggest problem, which is NO CBA.
                Broncos forever!! :clap:
                \

Me and my daughter, Christmas eve 2006

My wife and my daughter, same game against the Bengals.

:wave:

Comment

The obvious solution is to let Tebow play. You don't put in your young 1st Round QB in for a couple games (with success) and then bench him for a year. The question you have to ask is "Is Kyle Orton the future?" No.

I think our RB situation isn't as bad as it looks. Last year we had a horrible rushing team because I believe we had a horrible coach. Some plays (Remember the TE pulling from across the formation?) were just horrible. I think a coaching change will do wonders for this team.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think McD drafted Tebow to prove others that he is an amazing QB guru who can make any QB into a superstar.

Unfortunately McD forgot that he had to prove that he had personnel skills, people skills, game planning skills, motivational skills, and playcalling skills.

The only skill he did prove is he knows how to dismantle a franchise.
                    Last edited by Luckyshot; 05-06-2011, 09:22 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luckyshot View Post
                      I think McD drafted Tebow to prove others that he is an amazing QB guru who can make any QB into a superstar.

Unfortunately McD forgot that he had to prove that he had personnel skills, people skills, game planning skills, motivational skills, and playcalling skills.

He only skill he did prove is he knows how to dismantle a franchise.
                      Which is the funniest part because he never did it once for people to even call him that!!

but back to the OT, I think the only issue is the CBA. The DT issue, is a non-issue. If Dareus was all that we would've taken him. Miller gives us more, way more and we can always get rotational DT's, but skill position guys are not so easy to come by (see McD's LB selections after Nolan).
                      #swapping

Comment

Tebow is hardly "any QB," I don't care how he got here. If the powers that be build around him like they seem to be doing we're going places.

Not alot going on here right now but compared to last year, that's great.
                        [sigpic

Comment

It's been a while guys! Sorry for the extended break away from my "home away from home" I hope you are all well.

I am incredibly pleased with our draft, but yes, issues do remain. I for one would like to see us pick up a legitimate running back in Free Agency. I'm sorry people, but Knowshon needs, at the very LEAST, help, or designated to the #2 spot. We can fill the DT spot with Vickerson or Thomas for a year if no good DT are available in free agency. Just grab a body and throw it in there if you can't pick up Cullen Jenkins in FA. I'm so pleased with our Miller pick, he is an absolute MONSTER of a playmaker at a key position, and I strongly believe that we can manage without a premier DT this year as a result.

Still need to see how our secondary looks together on the field, I am desperate to see our safeties and corners (minus Champ of course!) take the right angles and refuse to be burned constantly in coverage. I'm still worried about Ayers...but I can't help but have a strong sense of hope that he will become the playmaker we expected he could be when he is moved back to his natural position. I really hope he makes strides this year, because we have been very patient with him and if he doesn't show us legitimate potential this year, he'll become a backup for sure.

Lots of holes, lots of FA...though the class leaves MUCH to be desired this year.

Comment

Orton is a great guy, but is only a stop gap QB. Tim Tebow has amazing intangibles and has the potential to be a great NFL quarterback. He may be a little raw, but his intangibles make up for it. Trade Orton and let's get the Tebow era started.

Comment

Howzit Jmjk. It's great to see another Bronco fan from the Rock (We are a rare breed). I say play Tebow and see how it goes, if not, throw everything for Luck or look for another QB in next years
                              draft. However, i do believe that Tebow can and will succeed as an NFL QB, that's just me + the
                              great multitude. As for the CBA, i sure hope that they just get this thing done with. In all fairness
                              though, all 31 other teams are suffering the same fate as us due to the lock-out. I'm just praying that there will be football for us this year, or it will be one heck of a long year.

Aloha
                              Last edited by Broncoboy6; 05-07-2011, 03:15 AM.
                              HE>i

Comment

Originally posted by thenewera44 View Post

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                                Tebow is hardly "any QB," I don't care how he got here. If the powers that be build around him like they seem to be doing we're going places.

Not alot going on here right now but compared to last year, that's great.
                                Originally posted by throwbackbronco View Post
                                Orton is a great guy, but is only a stop gap QB. Tim Tebow has amazing intangibles and has the potential to be a great NFL quarterback. He may be a little raw, but his intangibles make up for it. Trade Orton and let's get the Tebow era started.

3 posts and this is now a Tebow/Orton thread???? And oh wow mention of McDaniels! Why must every thread be about Tebow, Orton, or McDaniels?? I love Tebow's potential as much as the next guy, but I think its time we stop all this defense / hate of Tebow and or Orton. The team is all that matters not any one player.
                                Last edited by nickmeyer; 05-07-2011, 03:53 AM.
                                sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Working...
                                X