Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Royal ousted by McDaniels last year...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Royal ousted by McDaniels last year...?

Listened to Rod Smith interview Eddie Royal on his radio show today.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/14476675

At 48 minutes in. At bottom of the page.

Rod was talking about how Eddie was ousted by McDaniels in the offense last year and that this year is "personal" for Eddie (specifically at 51 minutes in) and Eddie is on the shows to talk about it.
    Last edited by COBronc78; 05-04-2011, 01:44 PM.

Once we go to the link, what exactly are we supposed to click on to bring up this specific broadcast?

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
      Once we go to the link, what exactly are we supposed to click on to bring up this specific broadcast?
      Sorry, couldn't figure out a direct link. Here you go

Comment

Originally posted by COBronc78 View Post
        Sorry, there isn't a "specific" link to the podcast (or "rodcast). If you scroll down on the homepage, it says Rodcast (5/4/11). Eddie Royal starts in at about 48 minutes
        Good enough. I just asked because there are several podcasts and links on this page. I figured it was today's, but since it's loading so slow I haven't been able to confirm that yet.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Good enough. I just asked because there are several podcasts and links on this page. I figured it was today's, but since it's loading so slow I haven't been able to confirm that yet.

Thanks for the info.
          Updated, found a direct link. Edited original post.

Comment

Anyone able to provide some details?

The more Broncos with a chip on their shoulder the better!!

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
              Anyone able to provide some details?
              It loads really slow. I'm still trying to hear that part for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by COBronc78 View Post
                Listened to Rod Smith interview Eddie Royal on his radio show today.

At 48 minutes in. At bottom of the page.

Rod was talking about how Eddie was ousted by McDaniels in the offense last year and that this year is "personal" for Eddie (specifically at 51 minutes in) and Eddie is on the shows to talk about it.
                Man. Can't believe I supported that guy (McDaniels). What an evil piece of poo. When you have something personal against half of your team, then maybe the problem is you. Who would have a problem with Eddie Royal? A d-bag, that's who.

Comment

48:00 - Rod talkin' to Eddie about all his [Rod's] twitter fans came from Eddie

49:00 - Eddie apparently came to Rod for help during his [Eddie's] rookie year. Rod loves him for it. Talk about Eddie's hip (Eddie said he was playing basketball yesterday, looking good).

51:00 - Rod can "see [Eddie] having a good year". Says this will be his best year because "his mentality is different". "... because of the way last season was with Coach Mcdaniel, I personally feel that you were ousted out of the offense by him." Eddie talks about the organization - Team is a family! Endorses John Fox and the draft.

53:00 - Rod talks about last year - Eddie was "frustrated" about losing. Rod Smith says he was frustrated about "getting beatup" as well. Rod talks about going into "Reset mode".

55:00 - Rod says Eddie can make Pro-bowl.

56:00 - Commercial break. Continues after break, but I gotta go.

EDIT: Updating it.

1:06:00 - Rod continues with him saying "There's too much money to lose to not be playing football." "We gotta have our football back." Eddie talks about continuing his training, making sure he's in shape. Eddie talks about working towards playing against the Raiders on MNF. "Raiders are an Up-and-coming team."

1:08:00 - Rod talks about how important the team as a whole is. Continues to complain about lockout hurting chemistry. Eddie talks about how Rookies gain respect from Vets by working hard in the off-season. Working together builds chemistry - "We gotta build that chemistry... the guys who won the Super Bowl, they look like a family."

1:10:00 - Rod thanks Eddie for coming onto the show. "If you need anything besides lunch, I got you." "B.Y.O.B. - Bring your own babes!" "Think 3 digits this year, think 100 catches."
                  Last edited by Ahrum; 05-04-2011, 09:12 PM.

Comment

I dunno. Rod says, "I personally feel that McDaniels ousted you last year."

That's really all he says about it.

That may be simply Rod's interpretation of it. That may simply be poor articulation of Eddie playing a less featured role (slot). Eddie himself may have felt that way because the ball didn't go to him as often, but I think a lot of that has to do with the way our team played and the lack of opportunity to get him the ball as well.

It's hard to say. I'd take it with a grain of salt given the context.

I'm not even sure Rod meant it quite the way he said it. Even if he did mean it that way, it could have a lot of different meanings beyond McDaniels having something against Eddie as a player.

It's kind of a stretch for us to take this one line made off-hand without context and read into it as McDaniels intentionally diminishing Royal's role in the offense.

Comment

I dunno. Rod says, "I personally feel that McDaniels ousted you last year."

That's really all he says about it.

That may be simply Rod's interpretation of it. That may simply be poor articulation of Eddie playing a less featured role (slot). Eddie himself may have felt that way because the ball didn't go to him as often, but I think a lot of that has to do with the way our team played and the lack of opportunity to get him the ball as well.

It's hard to say. I'd take it with a grain of salt given the context.

I'm not even sure Rod meant it quite the way he said it. Even if he did mean it that way, it could have a lot of different meanings beyond McDaniels having something against Eddie as a player.

It's kind of a stretch for us to take this one line made off-hand without context and read into it as McDaniels intentionally diminishing Royal's role in the offense.

I agree with you. It is a huge leap to say its a fact, Rod said that. It's time to move on anyway. We are headed in a positive direction. Let's focus on that.
                      Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

Rod Smith is the man.

I hope one day he becomes our WR coach.

I hope they utilize Royal more, some WR screens, double options, etc. Also depends who is QB.

When Tebow was QB, he locked into Gaffney and Lloyd.

Comment

If anything wouldn't Eddie Royal be similar to Wes Welker in NE's offense?

In fact his 627 yards last year is a lot better than the 345 in 2009. 59 receptions last year to 37 in 09.

It would seem he actually had more opportunities than when we were force feeding Marshall the ball. This with B. Lloyd getting more yards than Marshall ever got....

It's even a stretch to say Gaffney was preferred because he was a McD guy. He only had 65 receptions to Eddie's 59 last year.
                          Last edited by BroncoFanNC; 05-04-2011, 02:08 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

I personally see Eddie playing a bigger role in this years offense. He is that small quick receiver (that is if his hip heals up right) that will work well with a guy like Tebow running around back there trying to buy his receivers more time. I have been an Eddie fan since he was drafted. I personally think we have not seen his full potential yet and hope that we will be able to see some of it this year.

Eddie 2011 :thumb:
                            sigpic

Comment

Let's not forget Eddie has been our safety blanket on punt and kick return duties as well.

We have tried to use others to keep Eddie fresher but time after time...Eddie is called upon when we need someone solid.
                              sigpic
                              In the 13 games Orton started, the Broncos scored touchdowns inside the red zone on 17 of 104 trips (one on a Tebow run). With Tebow as the starter, the Broncos scored touchdowns 6-of-8 times inside the 20.

Comment

Working...
                              X