Where is Champ Bailey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Champ Bailey?

He's a defensive captain, and the owner of a shiny new contract after he convinced the Broncos front office of how much he loved Denver...

...so where is he? Why haven't we heard anything from him since he was given the new contract? Why isn't he arranging team meetings?
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

He's playing golf.
    sigpic

Comment

smoking weed

Comment

This is so obvious

He is learning new foods to put Nutella on!!
        My 2011 adopted poster.........and and

Adopted by: and

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
          He's a defensive captain, and the owner of a shiny new contract after he convinced the Broncos front office of how much he loved Denver...

...so where is he? Why haven't we heard anything from him since he was given the new contract? Why isn't he arranging team meetings?
          Really? This is the route you're choosing? You're going to compare a CB who has never been a vocal leader anyway to a QB?

Have you ever heard the words "You can't win a championship without a franchise corner back" uttered in your life?

That's the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
            Have you ever heard the words "You can't win a championship without a franchise corner back" uttered in your life?

That's the difference.
            Your post made me chuckle, but I am inclined to agree with you. I have no issues with Bailey if he does not lead a players-only workout session.

Comment

Really? This is the route you're choosing? You're going to compare a CB who has never been a vocal leader anyway to a QB?

That's the difference.
              What route? He's the leader of the D and a team captain. I didn't ever see him turn down a C on his jersey.

It's a fair question. Fat new contract, says he loves the Broncos, Defensive captain...

Where is he?
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

He's watching cable in his living room on Comcast

Comment

That's the difference.
                  Bailey's stature in the locker room, community, and league are miles beyond any of our QB's. It is a valid question if other players' whereabouts are being questioned as to their loyalty or commitment to the team.

Comment

He is an aging 13 year vet who we need to stay fresh and able to play the entire season. You really want him burning all that energy. If I had a choice between him running a training camp and playing the last 4 weeks of the season the decision is obvious. Leave the old man alone and let him rest up for the coming season. I find it very funny that I am calling someone my own age old.

Comment

Our veteran OTA's are not until the end of the month Im not expecting much of anything big to get going until right before the holiday or after .
                      "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83 :logo: :smug:

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                        What route? He's the leader of the D and a team captain. I didn't ever see him turn down a C on his jersey.

It's a fair question. Fat new contract, says he loves the Broncos, Defensive captain...

Where is he?
                        Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                        Bailey's stature in the locker room, community, and league are miles beyond any of our QB's. It is a valid question if other players' whereabouts are being questioned as to their loyalty or commitment to the team.
                        Again, when have you ever heard "You can't win a Superbowl without a franchise CB."? Name the last CB who LED their team to a Superbowl victory like Tom Brady led the Pats, Peyton Manning led the Colts, Drew Brees led the Saints, and Aaron Rodgers led the Packers.

If you can tell me when you've heard that statement, and you can name for me a few CBs with the credentials of leading their team to a Superbowl win, then I'll admit you have a point.

Until then, my point still stands.

QBs have to be vocal. They are the only guys who should be talking in the huddle. CBs? Not so much. Champ doesn't call plays in the huddle, and he doesn't even do the secondary calls very often.

Comment

Why must we now go on a witch hunt and question the motivation and leadership of all our players?!?

Who cares that Tebow does Jockey commercials during his FREE TIME!!!

Who cares that Orton plays a bit of golf on his FREE TIME!!!

Who cares if Champ hasn't checked in with all of us saying "hey guys, I haven't forgotten that I'm a paid professional, so I'm working out, just so you know!"

Why do we feel we have to question and micromanage how our players prepare themselves?

Why can't we just give our guys a little faith, and trust that come Game 1, they will friggin' BRING IT!?!

I guarantee you they'll ALL be VERY well prepared when the season starts.
                          Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
                          sigpic

Comment

Again, when have you ever heard "You can't win a Superbowl without a franchise CB."? Name the last CB who LED their team to a Superbowl victory like Tom Brady led the Pats, Peyton Manning led the Colts, Drew Brees led the Saints, and Aaron Rodgers led the Packers.

If you can tell me when you've heard that statement, and you can name for me a few CBs with the credentials of leading their team to a Superbowl win, then I'll admit you have a point.

Until then, my point still stands.

QBs have to be vocal. They are the only guys who should be talking in the huddle. CBs? Not so much. Champ doesn't call plays in the huddle, and he doesn't even do the secondary calls very often.

So, just because no one has ever said you need an elite CB to win a championship means you have a point?

Actually, I think your point is that you don't have a point and your grabbing at air.
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
                              Why must we now go on a witch hunt and question the motivation and leadership of all our players?!?

Who cares that Tebow does Jockey commercials during his FREE TIME!!!

Who cares that Orton plays a bit of golf on his FREE TIME!!!

Who cares if Champ hasn't checked in with all of us saying "hey guys, I haven't forgotten that I'm a paid professional, so I'm working out, just so you know!"

Why do we feel we have to question and micromanage how our players prepare themselves?

Why can't we just give our guys a little faith, and trust that come Game 1, they will friggin' BRING IT!?!

I guarantee you they'll ALL be VERY well prepared when the season starts.

Good for you. Great post.
                              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                              X