Where is Champ Bailey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
    Hopefully he is spying on P.Cox to make sure he isn't (allegedly) raping anyone.
    I think Champ might actually help Perrish Cox with that

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
      In the end the QB is the most important position on the football field. It's not even close.
      Spoken like a HS quarterback. lol

Comment

So, Deion had 2 Hall of Fame QBs when he won, right? Steve Young with the 49ers and Troy Aikman with the Cowboys.

Ray Lewis was the unquestionable leader of the Ravens when they won. He was also surrounded by one heck of a defense. I believe they set the record for least points allowed that season. Ray Lewis was the NFL MVP that year as well. The guy played out of his mind. I'll never forget Ray Lewis taking Eddie George out of the AFC Championship game.

Jay Cutler was their leader. Oooops. I guess that's why they lost? But who did they have to beat to get to the NFCCG? The Seahawks? Right. You have to admit, the Seahawks beating the Saints was shocking. 99 times out of 100, that game goes the other way.

What I'm saying is that if you have a CB who is your dominant leader, conventional wisdom says you're in trouble. How easy is it to neutralize a CB? Just throw to the other half of the field, right? That's why a CB has never led a team to the Superbowl.

How easy is it to neutralize a QB? Well? If you take his 5 receivers out of the equation, you've got a shot. But that's not easy to do.

In the end the QB is the most important position on the football field. It's not even close.

What does that have to do with leadership? See...I told you that's what you were saying. "Qb's can be leaders, CB's cant."

CB's leading can be just as effective as QB's who can be just as effective as a Center...

Narrowing down who can and who can't lead a team based solely on position and importance to championship contention is a very silly opinion. To each their own I suppose.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

So, Deion had 2 Hall of Fame QBs when he won, right? Steve Young with the 49ers and Troy Aikman with the Cowboys.

Ray Lewis was the unquestionable leader of the Ravens when they won. He was also surrounded by one heck of a defense. I believe they set the record for least points allowed that season. Ray Lewis was the NFL MVP that year as well. The guy played out of his mind. I'll never forget Ray Lewis taking Eddie George out of the AFC Championship game.

Jay Cutler was their leader. Oooops. I guess that's why they lost? But who did they have to beat to get to the NFCCG? The Seahawks? Right. You have to admit, the Seahawks beating the Saints was shocking. 99 times out of 100, that game goes the other way.

What I'm saying is that if you have a CB who is your dominant leader, conventional wisdom says you're in trouble. How easy is it to neutralize a CB? Just throw to the other half of the field, right? That's why a CB has never led a team to the Superbowl.

How easy is it to neutralize a QB? Well? If you take his 5 receivers out of the equation, you've got a shot. But that's not easy to do.

In the end the QB is the most important position on the football field. It's not even close. That's why leadership at that position is different and extremely important to a team.
          That I agree with. But the QB doesn't have to be a vocal leader or a rah rah guy, or even a guy who organizes off season workouts during the lockout. The guys doing it now are proven leaders on the field and some are the faces of the players union. They might be doing it to make the players look united and focused during the lockout as well as prepping for the season. If Champ (our captain) or Orton (a captain) doesn't hold an offseason workout program, I won't cry about it. It's their time. It doesn't make them less of a leader or captain in my eyes.

Comment

Again, when have you ever heard "You can't win a Superbowl without a franchise CB."? Name the last CB who LED their team to a Superbowl victory like Tom Brady led the Pats, Peyton Manning led the Colts, Drew Brees led the Saints, and Aaron Rodgers led the Packers.

If you can tell me when you've heard that statement, and you can name for me a few CBs with the credentials of leading their team to a Superbowl win, then I'll admit you have a point.

Until then, my point still stands.
            I agree with what you're saying, but Charles Woodson is the leader of the Packers. Aaron Rodgers did lead the offense but not the team as a whole, that was all on Woodson.

Comment

When I think of the Ravens and leader, I think of Joe the Man Flacco.

Definitly NOT that Ray Lewis scrub.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                I agree with what you're saying, but Charles Woodson is the leader of the Packers. Aaron Rodgers did lead the offense but not the team as a whole, that was all on Woodson.
                Charles Woodson is a leader on the Packers. He's a heck of a player. But he's not the guy leading Green Bay to titles. Aaron Rodgers is.

Comment

Originally posted by jman81647 View Post
                  Spoken like a HS quarterback. lol
                  Actually, I played RB, MLB, and DE in high school.
                  Last edited by Crazy8; 05-05-2011, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                    What does that have to do with leadership? See...I told you that's what you were saying. "Qb's can be leaders, CB's cant."

CB's leading can be just as effective as QB's who can be just as effective as a Center...

Narrowing down who can and who can't lead a team based solely on position and importance to championship contention is a very silly opinion. To each their own I suppose.
                    I didn't say CBs can't be leaders. I said just CBs can't lead a team to the Superbowl without some serious support.

What does it take to lead a team on the football field? Have you ever known a "leader" on the football field who wasn't effective? I haven't. Again, how easy is it to take a CB out of a game? How easy is it to take a QB out of a game?

It is possible to have leaders at more than one position. But if you don't have a leader at the QB position, you're screwed (unless you have a heck of a running game and a record setting D). If you don't have a leader at CB, you can still get by.
                    Last edited by Crazy8; 05-05-2011, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                      He's watching cable in his living room on Comcast
                      This. And he is also making some weird drink with vegetables. We can only speculate on the other ingredients.
                      Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
                      sigpic

Comment

I didn't say CBs can't be leaders. I said just CBs can't lead a team to the Superbowl without some serious support.

What does it take to lead a team on the football field? Have you ever known a "leader" on the football field who wasn't effective? I haven't. Again, how easy is it to take a CB out of a game? How easy is it to take a QB out of a game?

It is possible to have leaders at more than one position. But if you don't have a leader at the QB position, you're screwed (unless you have a heck of a running game and a record setting D). If you don't have a leader at CB, you can still get by.

You're talking about two entirely different things now.

First it was QBs can be leaders but CBs cant.
                        NOW its you need a QB to win a championship, but you don't need a CB to, and that's why CB's can't be an effective team leader.

I think I'm getting trolled.
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

the double standard around here is so ridiculous. i agree cory.

as for the QB vs CB arguement . . . . its offseason workouts, anyone can be a leader simply by getting teammates together, it has NOTHING to do with tQB vs CB at this point, especially offense vs defense during the offseason, each group should stick together

the QB does not "lead" the defense anyways
                          sigpic
                          -------

Comment

Trent Dilfer LED that Ravens team to a SB. Who can disagree with that?

Trent Dilfer was the reason that 2000 Ravens team won the SB, everyone knows it!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                              You're talking about two entirely different things now.

First it was QBs can be leaders but CBs cant.
                              No. That's what YOU said. You can have a leader at any position. Champ's a leader on this team. I never said he wasn't.

NOW its you need a QB to win a championship, but you don't need a CB to, and that's why CB's can't be an effective team leader.

I think I'm getting trolled.
                              Now you're being ridiculous. Seriously, how do you misunderstand when it's right there in print right in front of you and I repeated it several times.

I never said you didn't need a CB to win a championship. I did say no one ever said you needed a franchise CB to win a championship.

I never said a CB can't be a leader. I did say that if all you have is a CB as your main leader, then you're in trouble.

But, all of that went to the major point being that you can't compare the leadership of a QB to the leadership of a CB. If you don't have a CB as a leader on your team, you can get by. If you don't have a QB as a leader on your team (again, unless you have a heck of a run game and a record-breaking defense), then you're screwed.

QB is different from any other position. Again, it is the most important position on the field. That's why you hear over and over again how you need a franchise QB to win a championship. But you never hear that about any other position, including a CB.

Comment

No. That's what YOU said. You can have a leader at any position. Champ's a leader on this team. I never said he wasn't.

Now you're being ridiculous. Seriously, how do you misunderstand when it's right there in print right in front of you and I repeated it several times.

I never said you didn't need a CB to win a championship. I did say no one ever said you needed a franchise CB to win a championship.

I never said a CB can't be a leader. I did say that if all you have is a CB as your main leader, then you're in trouble.

But, all of that went to the major point being that you can't compare the leadership of a QB to the leadership of a CB. If you don't have a CB as a leader on your team, you can get by. If you don't have a QB as a leader on your team (again, unless you have a heck of a run game and a record-breaking defense), then you're screwed.

QB is different from any other position. Again, it is the most important position on the field. That's why you hear over and over again how you need a franchise QB to win a championship. But you never hear that about any other position, including a CB.
                                Let me save you some trouble.... You see.... Cory said that Champ was a leader on this team... you went on to say that Franchise CB's aren't needed to win championships..... out of no where. No one was asking which position was more important. He was simply stating that a CB can be a team leader.

Same way some LineBackers are team leaders and some Safeties are team leaders.

You came at his post completely wrong and I think we're all just confused at what you're really trying to say?

Are you saying that franchise QB's are more important than CB's? I don't think anyone would disagree however..... That doesn't mean Champ can't be a leader on the field.

I'd like for you to take some time and really read what you've been saying. And then read what others are saying.

I think we're talking about two different things and you're arguing something that has nothing to do with what anyone else is talking about.
                                sigpic
                                2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Working...
                                X