Where is Champ Bailey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
    Let me save you some trouble.... You see.... Cory said that Champ was a leader on this team... you went on to say that Franchise CB's aren't needed to win championships..... out of no where. No one was asking which position was more important. He was simply stating that a CB can be a team leader.

Same way some LineBackers are team leaders and some Safeties are team leaders.

You came at his post completely wrong and I think we're all just confused at what you're really trying to say?

Are you saying that franchise QB's are more important than CB's? I don't think anyone would disagree however..... That doesn't mean Champ can't be a leader on the field.

I'd like for you to take some time and really read what you've been saying. And then read what others are saying.

I think we're talking about two different things and you're arguing something that has nothing to do with what anyone else is talking about.
    Why did Corey say "Where is Champ Bailey?" What prompted that? Maybe because people were saying "where is Kyle Orton"?

I was making the point that the expectations from a QB is different than the expectations of any other postion as you can see down below.

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
    Really? This is the route you're choosing? You're going to compare a CB who has never been a vocal leader anyway to a QB?

Have you ever heard the words "You can't win a championship without a franchise corner back" uttered in your life?

That's the difference.
    If it's as you say, all Cory had to do was respond, "that's not what I meant", and that would've been it. But as you can see, he didn't. So, he meant exactly what I thought he meant. And it wasn't out of nowhere.

Comment

Why did Corey say "Where is Champ Bailey?" What prompted that? Maybe because people were saying "where is Kyle Orton"?

I was making the point that the expectations from a QB is different than the expectations of any other postion as you can see down below.

If it's as you say, all Cory had to do was respond, "that's not what I meant", and that would've been it. But as you can see, he didn't. So, he meant exactly what I thought he meant. And it wasn't out of nowhere.
      You're the one that started on your tangent about how Champ can't be expected to lead a team in any aspect whatsoever because he's not a QB....

...not me.
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Now let's not bicker about who killed who,...

Comment

I can't see actually.
          sigpic
          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Champ Bailey has proven that he can win and that he is a winner. Sometimes veterans get priveleges that others don't.
            sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
              You're the one that started on your tangent about how Champ can't be expected to lead a team in any aspect whatsoever because he's not a QB....

...not me.
              I agree with you that Champ is an unquestioned leader on this team.

But expectations from a QB is completely different than the expectations of anyone else, including Champ. People on the field and off the field expect a lot more from a QB. My point is that the expectations are different. That's it.

Do you agree or disagree that there is much MORE expected from a QB in a leadership role than there is from a CB in a leadership role?

Comment

Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
                Champ Bailey has proven that he can win and that he is a winner. Sometimes veterans get priveleges that others don't.
                He's been a winner ever since his Fresno State Bulldog days, right bF!?
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
                  I guarantee you they'll ALL be VERY well prepared when the season starts.
                  just like last year

Comment

I agree with you that Champ is an unquestioned leader on this team.

But expectations from a QB is completely different than the expectations of anyone else, including Champ. People on the field and off the field expect a lot more from a QB. My point is that the expectations are different. That's it.

Do you agree or disagree that there is much MORE expected from a QB in a leadership role than there is from a CB in a leadership role?
                    I disagree. Just because you play a certain position doesn't mean that standards are different for you than any other position.

You don't have to be a QB to lead the team. A player that's been a Bronco and a team leader for 10 years I would expect to take a little initiative. AND, if he doesn't want to? That's fine. But if you're going to say Orton, a 3 year veteran, should be expected to be more of a leader than Bailey, perrienal pro-bowler and 10 year veteran of the Broncos, then I think you're not only wrong, you're crazy. (no pun intended)
                    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                      He's been a winner ever since his Fresno State Bulldog days, right bF!?
                      Meh I don't watch college ball. So sue me. :wave:
                      sigpic

Comment

Meh I don't watch college ball. So sue me. :wave:
                        I don't believe that's a sue-able offence.
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't believe that's a sue-able offence.
                          You never know with people these days.
                          sigpic

Comment

You never know with people these days.
                            I think there are laws which may be in place which tell us what people can be sued for.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think there are laws which may be in place which tell us what people can be sued for.
                              Yes. A lady can sue Mcdonalds for spilling coffee on herself.

Back on topic, Bailey is a veteran player of our team and has proved himself. Others meanwhile........
                              sigpic

Comment

I like waffles.

Comment

Working...
                                X