Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is Champ Bailey?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Peerless View Post
    Quarterbacks are judged (maybe unfairly) on their W/L record.

    Jake Plummer was a perennial loser as a Cardinal, yet a winner once he arrived in Denver. Was it Jake Plummer, or at top 10 defense that helped him accumulate that great winning %


    Jay Cutler was a loser in Denver. Was it Jay Cutler, or the 29th ranked defense who helped earn him a sub .500 record?


    Kyle Orton was praised about how much of a winner he was when he was traded to Denver. Yet, in two years he also has a sub .500 record. Is it Kyle Orton, or the 32nd ranked defense?


    Like I said, quarterbacks are judged by their W/L record. It may not be fair, but it's the truth.

    Frankly, I don't like Orton. Didn't like him at Purdue, cared less about him as a Bear, and I'm tired of him as a Bronco.


    The REAL fact, is that Josh McDaniel's is the one who lead us to the bottom feeders of the AFC West, AND the NFL.


    It's not Orton, it's Josh McDaniel's. And half you blind hopefuls still to this day will not admit it.

    The day we traded Jay Cutler (a young 25 year old coming off his FIRST Pro Bowl) was the day we sealed our fate for the next 5 years.

    You hire Josh McDaniel's and you'd think he'd say "Let me fix the 29th ranked defense." But oh NO... he has to start with the quarterback and the #2 overall offense.

    Now, the #2 offense was not perfect, especially scoring wise. But it doesn't take an rocket scientist to examine which part of the team was holding the entire team back: the 29th ranked defense.
    Must spread my cps around before I give it to you Peerless. :-) Personally I think that :orton: is part of the problem here in Denver.
    sigpic

    "Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Peerless View Post
      Quarterbacks are judged (maybe unfairly) on their W/L record.

      Jake Plummer was a perennial loser as a Cardinal, yet a winner once he arrived in Denver. Was it Jake Plummer, or at top 10 defense that helped him accumulate that great winning %


      Jay Cutler was a loser in Denver. Was it Jay Cutler, or the 29th ranked defense who helped earn him a sub .500 record?


      Kyle Orton was praised about how much of a winner he was when he was traded to Denver. Yet, in two years he also has a sub .500 record. Is it Kyle Orton, or the 32nd ranked defense?


      Like I said, quarterbacks are judged by their W/L record. It may not be fair, but it's the truth.

      Frankly, I don't like Orton. Didn't like him at Purdue, cared less about him as a Bear, and I'm tired of him as a Bronco.


      The REAL fact, is that Josh McDaniel's is the one who lead us to the bottom feeders of the AFC West, AND the NFL.


      It's not Orton, it's Josh McDaniel's. And half you blind hopefuls still to this day will not admit it.

      The day we traded Jay Cutler (a young 25 year old coming off his FIRST Pro Bowl) was the day we sealed our fate for the next 5 years.

      You hire Josh McDaniel's and you'd think he'd say "Let me fix the 29th ranked defense." But oh NO... he has to start with the quarterback and the #2 overall offense.

      Now, the #2 offense was not perfect, especially scoring wise. But it doesn't take an rocket scientist to examine which part of the team was holding the entire team back: the 29th ranked defense.
      This couldn't be truer. Tim Tebow can't outscore opponents to 30 points each game. No quarterback can. The defense has made sure that we would need to, however, to win a football game.

      Tebow is not going to excel in that environment. We don't even have a legitimate DT core this year. We only have one on the roster, and the rest are FA pickups. Can we expect a legitimate defense this year? Probably not.

      With that will certainly come plenty of losses that the QB will be blamed for. If Tim Tebow is at the helm during these losses, he will be blamed by the very same members who are supporting him now. That's just the way it works.

      Our QB situation is far from bad. It's more par than ever, but frankly, we have bigger problems than that.
      Brock you like a hurricane!
      sigpic
      Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
        Must spread my cps around before I give it to you Peerless. :-) Personally I think that :orton: is part of the problem here in Denver.


        Of course he was part of the problem. The whole damn team was part of the problem. We sucked, badly.......
        2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

        sigpic

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Fargo View Post
          This couldn't be truer. Tim Tebow can't outscore opponents to 30 points each game. No quarterback can. The defense has made sure that we would need to, however, to win a football game.

          Tebow is not going to excel in that environment. We don't even have a legitimate DT core this year. We only have one on the roster, and the rest are FA pickups. Can we expect a legitimate defense this year? Probably not.

          With that will certainly come plenty of losses that the QB will be blamed for. If Tim Tebow is at the helm during these losses, he will be blamed by the very same members who are supporting him now. That's just the way it works.

          Our QB situation is far from bad. It's more par than ever, but frankly, we have bigger problems than that.
          If only that were the case, he'll have plenty that make every excuse possible, to place blame on everyone else.

          He deserves the same treatment, but lets face it, he is Tebow, and with that big of a name, it just isn't going to happen like it happened to Orton.
          2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

          sigpic

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post


            Of course he was part of the problem. The whole damn team was part of the problem. We sucked, badly.......
            True. I just want to win games again.
            sigpic

            "Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Fargo View Post
              This couldn't be truer. Tim Tebow can't outscore opponents to 30 points each game. No quarterback can. The defense has made sure that we would need to, however, to win a football game.

              Tebow is not going to excel in that environment. We don't even have a legitimate DT core this year. We only have one on the roster, and the rest are FA pickups. Can we expect a legitimate defense this year? Probably not.

              With that will certainly come plenty of losses that the QB will be blamed for. If Tim Tebow is at the helm during these losses, he will be blamed by the very same members who are supporting him now. That's just the way it works.

              Our QB situation is far from bad. It's more par than ever, but frankly, we have bigger problems than that.
              Do I want Tebow to be Tom Brady? No. I want him to show some promise though. I want him to LEAD.

              Will I blame Tebow if he makes mistakes? Yes. However he is my guy that I have supported before the draft when I was called an idiot for saying that Mcdaniels would draft him. I am not going to give up on believing on him.
              sigpic

              "Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
                Do I want Tebow to be Tom Brady? No. I want him to show some promise though. I want him to LEAD.

                Will I blame Tebow if he makes mistakes? Yes. However he is my guy that I have supported before the draft when I was called an idiot for saying that Mcdaniels would draft him. I am not going to give up on believing on him.
                Why the hell wouldn't you want Tebow to be Brady, a first ballot HOF'er?





                I think I know what you mean.....just giving you a hard time.
                2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

                sigpic

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                  Why the hell wouldn't you want Tebow to be Brady, a first ballot HOF'er?





                  I think I know what you mean.....just giving you a hard time.
                  In his sophmore season? Not going to happen. What I meant is that is not my expectation lol.
                  sigpic

                  "Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Fargo View Post
                    This couldn't be truer. Tim Tebow can't outscore opponents to 30 points each game. No quarterback can. The defense has made sure that we would need to, however, to win a football game.

                    Tebow is not going to excel in that environment. We don't even have a legitimate DT core this year. We only have one on the roster, and the rest are FA pickups. Can we expect a legitimate defense this year? Probably not.

                    With that will certainly come plenty of losses that the QB will be blamed for. If Tim Tebow is at the helm during these losses, he will be blamed by the very same members who are supporting him now. That's just the way it works.

                    Our QB situation is far from bad. It's more par than ever, but frankly, we have bigger problems than that.
                    I heard the same thing when Mike Nolan took over. Everybody said our DT's and DL as whole was terrible homers like Schlereth included. People said it would be 2-3 seasons before Denver even had an average D.

                    That Nolan D was #1 for much of the season and finished 7th. Who knows where they could have finished if McDaniels would have simply focused on his side of the ball.

                    Let's also consider we had a first year DC last year in Martindale. We may never know if Wink was terrible or just a "yes man" to McDaniels. I suspect it was both. The fact is we now have a Defensive coach who knows something about football and one of the bright, up and coming minds as a DC.

                    I will take my chances that their experience paysoff and with Dumervil being back this D looks slightly better than average. Add a run game and if Tebow can play as a manger and sustain drives they will be better than that.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Back to the subject- All of these" Where is blankity blank" threads are uncalled for. Champ has never been a vocal-rally the troops leader. Its just not his personality, he leads on the field. Just because he wears a C, doesn't automatically mean he needs to lead off season workouts during a lockout.

                      Concerning the Tebow captain thing. He is a natural leader/captain no question but there might be a hesitation to pin it on him until we know he will be here in 2 yrs (or next year). just sayin
                      "I've gone great lengths to expand my threshold of pain" - HR

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by biglig View Post
                        Back to the subject- All of these" Where is blankity blank" threads are uncalled for. Champ has never been a vocal-rally the troops leader. Its just not his personality, he leads on the field. Just because he wears a C, doesn't automatically mean he needs to lead off season workouts during a lockout.

                        Concerning the Tebow captain thing. He is a natural leader/captain no question but there might be a hesitation to pin it on him until we know he will be here in 2 yrs (or next year). just sayin
                        Yet it's okay to put the C on Orton when we don't know if he'll be here next week or next month? Just sayin'.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                          If only that were the case, he'll have plenty that make every excuse possible, to place blame on everyone else.

                          He deserves the same treatment, but lets face it, he is Tebow, and with that big of a name, it just isn't going to happen like it happened to Orton.
                          I would add one thing here. Logic would say that Tebow will not shine this year if allowed to start. Common sense tells "most" people that he will have games where he looks like the rookie that he essentially is. For THIS year, I expect to see improvement over the course of the season, and flashes of what he "CAN" become.

                          Given three seasons here, as Orton has been given? If we are still horrible on defense and in running the football? I believe Tebow will STILL get reamed by many, simply because Peerless is right. The QB, deservedly or undeservedly gets the most credit for wins and blame for losses. Tebow may have a breathing space of one year, and I do say "MAY" because there will be some who won't even give him that. Right now Tebow looks to be the best thing since sliced bread to a lot of people. Let the Broncos rack up two losing seasons in a row, especially if we are losing a high percentage of our games, and that WILL change.

                          Personally, I believe Tebow will be good for the team. I think he needs to be the starter, and I admit to never having been a huge Orton fan, even though he has made me eat my words on a few things (such as me believing he had a weak arm). Regardless of whether Tim does become a franchise Qb or a 1st round bust, sooner or later the catcalls and boobirds will have their say if the Broncos aren't winning.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
                            Yet it's okay to put the C on Orton when we don't know if he'll be here next week or next month? Just sayin'.
                            I agree. The key to having captains, aside from being leaders in some way, is to select someone who's gonna be around for a while.
                            "I've gone great lengths to expand my threshold of pain" - HR

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              So if John Fox leads us to the promise land, does McD get credit?

                              Since it was McD who put us in this position in the first place.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X