Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

watch Jeremy Beal he may be better than Ayers..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• watch Jeremy Beal he may be better than Ayers..

Much more productive on the college level.....most defiantly a better pass rusher, if not a better over all player. Hell, Beal was a more productive player n the same conference as Von!

I would be shocked if he starts over Ayers. I think Ayers wins the job (if there is even a competition) due to his strength versus the run. I'll be happy if he makes the team and provides a little extra pass rush occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
      I would be shocked if he starts over Ayers. I think Ayers wins the job (if there is even a competition) due to his strength versus the run. I'll be happy if he makes the team and provides a little extra pass rush occasionally.
      People keep saying this. Where did this stigma that Ayers is good against the run come from?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
        People keep saying this. Where did this stigma that Ayers is good against the run come from?
        Before he got hurt last year he was arguably our only defensive player capable of stopping the run. If he can stay healthy he is a great fit at left defensive end.

Comment

Jeremy Beal is likely better than Robert Ayers. Just look at their production in college, and the awards that Beal won. Both played against good competition. Beal played well for 3 straight seasons. It's not even close. The problem is athleticism, Combine numbers. Beal started slipping during the Senior Bowl, while Ayers became a star during the Senior Bowl. But once training camp starts and it's time to put the pads on... I think Beal has a chance. He will have to overcome his inferior athleticism, but he looked great during games.
          sigpic

Comment

Before he got hurt last year he was arguably our only defensive player capable of stopping the run. If he can stay healthy he is a great fit at left defensive end.
            And that's why we were picking #2 in the draft.

Seriously, watch this video and tell me that Ayers is a great run defender. It the 1st game of the season, so I don't know that he could've been too injured yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5GRAYCiMg0

Ayers did look pretty good on 4 or 5 of those plays. But I wouldn't call him the best at stopping the run.
            Last edited by Crazy8; 05-05-2011, 12:15 PM.

Comment

And that's why we were picking #2 in the draft.

Seriously, watch this video and tell me that Ayers is a great run defender. It the 1st game of the season, so I don't know that he could've been too injured yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5GRAYCiMg0

Ayers did look pretty good on 4 or 5 of those plays. But I wouldn't call him the best at stopping the run.
              On that defense he might have been...but thats not saying a whole lot. I think this is a make or break year for Ayers. He is returning to his natural left end position, and shouldn't face many double teams with Dumervil and Miller on the field at the same time.

I think Ayers breaks out this year. I'm not expecting double digit sacks or anything, but I think he could get 6-8 sacks while being very solid against the run.

Comment

I have no idea. I believe it was after the game against Tennessee. I imagine it's easier to pretend he is not a bust if you think he is good for something. Let's hope he is more suited for the LDE position. But he will need to learn how to use his hands better, and play with a better motor.
                sigpic

Comment

On that defense he might have been...but thats not saying a whole lot. I think this is a make or break year for Ayers. He is returning to his natural left end position, and shouldn't face many double teams with Dumervil and Miller on the field at the same time.

I think Ayers breaks out this year. I'm not expecting double digit sacks or anything, but I think he could get 6-8 sacks while being very solid against the run.
                  This is how I feel. I think he needs 5 sacks this year. I thought if he would have stayed healthy last year, and if Doom would have played opposite of him he could have had a good year.

Ayers deserves a chance this year. I am excited about Beal though.
                  sigpic

Comment

Beal will need to get a lot stronger to be as physical at the point of attack as Ayers.

I don't understand the hate for Robert around here. Before he was injured he graded out consistently as our best front seven player against the run. Yes, it wasn't emotion that caused the perception that he was good against the run, it was the way he graded out.

Don't get me wrong, we really need depth at DE, and I think Beal could be that guy. Bringing him in as a developmental player who can get stronger over the course of a year, and hopefully really contribute is something to be optomistic for. But for now, he's probably not going to be stealing reps from Jason Hunter, let alone Robert Ayers. Let's be realistic people.
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

The fact that pro coaches have said it maybe?
                      A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Beal is NO threat to Ayers.

Robert might not be the best player yet,but really on our Defense, with 3 different D coordinators in as many years, and a 3-4 and 43? Its pretty ridiculous to expect much from anyone-also one of the reason why we sucked. No consistency!!

Anyway- I suspect Ayers will have a half way decent year, and can and will continue to get better as we continuity and better players.
                        So far:
                        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                          The fact that pro coaches have said it maybe?
                          I must have missed that. Is there a link?

Comment

I don't know a great deal about Jeremy Beal, but from everything I've read he seems like a blue-collar, hard-working overachiever. If this can somehow translate to the NFL, more power to him.

As far as Robert Ayers goes, let's see what some real coaching can do for him before we label him as a bust.
                            sigpic

Comment

I must have missed that. Is there a link?
                              There were a few guys that would post grades for the defensive players almost every week last year, and what I speak is truth, it's not speculation. Ayers was our best front seven player before he got hurt last year.
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Working...
                              X