Origin of EFX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Origin of EFX?

EFX; Who coined this extremely catchy & stylish term for our 3-headed fire-breathing, league-devouring dragon of Elway, Fox & Xanders? Was it a squawking head on ESPN or one of the Bronco's faithful?

Where did you first hear/read "EFX" in reference to our mighty trio?

I'm curious & have no clue. Anyone with verifiable proof or wild baseless speculation? (its all worth the same on the interwebz)

"When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Originally posted by Trench777 View Post
    EFX; Who coined this extremely catchy & stylish term for our 3-headed fire-breathing, league-devouring dragon of Elway, Fox & Xanders? Was it a squawking head on ESPN or one of the Bronco's faithful?

Where did you first hear/read "EFX" in reference to our mighty trio?

I'm curious & have no clue. Anyone with verifiable proof or wild baseless speculation? (its all worth the same on the interwebz)

I read it first on the forums here, but I think I heard it originated in the Denver Post??? I'd put my money on Woody, but I'll have to check what I was reading a few days ago. :paper:
    “4th quarter comebacks means a guy screwed up in the first three quarters.” ~Peyton

Comment

Originally posted by db1978 View Post
      I read it first on the forums here, but I think I heard it originated in the Denver Post??? I'd put my money on Woody, but I'll have to check what I was reading a few days ago. :paper:
      I think it was Woody too...

Comment

It was Woody.

sigpic

Comment

Don't yall be giving Woody Credit
          sigpic
          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

whats the earliest link anyone has to an EFX reference?
            “4th quarter comebacks means a guy screwed up in the first three quarters.” ~Peyton

Comment

Efx

Here's the earliest reference I can find in print.

Jan 13 broncos announce Fox as head coach.

Mile High Report posted an article about the hiring.
              http://www.milehighreport.com/2011/1...denver-broncos

in the comments at the bottom the first message is what nickname to use for the group of Elway, Fox, Xanders.

gahoagie suggests EFX at 2:52

Anyone else have anything before this? Long live the EFX!

Comment

Originally posted by db1978 View Post
                Here's the earliest reference I can find in print.

Jan 13 broncos announce Fox as head coach.

Mile High Report posted an article about the hiring.
                http://www.milehighreport.com/2011/1...denver-broncos

in the comments at the bottom the first message is what nickname to use for the group of Elway, Fox, Xanders.

gahoagie suggests EFX at 2:52

Anyone else have anything before this? Long live the EFX!
                Fantastic. Thx, man. Heres a CP, dont spend it all in one place.

& yes, LL EFX!
                "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

Working...
                X