Pick Any Former Player.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick Any Former Player.

Pick any former player from the past who you would think would make the best Position/Assistant Coach for the Broncos now.

my picks are

Offense- Rod Smith. All time best locker room presence, leader , offensive mind, still don't know if he never was offered, or just don't want it.

Defense- Randy Gradishar, the BEST Line Backer I have ever seen play the game. He was ALWAYS in the right place, never was beaten on the blocks, could do it ALL, stop the run, cover, rush QB, call the plays, make sure EVERYONE was in the right place, I've yet to see one match him, on this or any other team for that matter.
    sigpicoh YEAH?

Bring in John Lynch to coach those safetys we drafted!

Comment

Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
      Pick any former player from the past who you would think would make the best Position/Assistant Coach for the Broncos now.

my picks are

Offense- Rod Smith. All time best locker room presence, leader , offensive mind, still don't know if he never was offered, or just don't want it.

Defense- Randy Gradishar, the BEST Line Backer I have ever seen play the game. He was ALWAYS in the right place, never was beaten on the blocks, could do it ALL, stop the run, cover, rush QB, call the plays, make sure EVERYONE was in the right place, I've yet to see one match him, on this or any other team for that matter.
      Atwater currently coaching Landry in Washington.
      I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

Keith Burns..ST ace
        sigpic

Comment

As cool as it would be..

It's a bad idea.. Players hardly ever become decent coaches. Look at Singletary. What happend to Romanowski? Sometimes players are just meant to be players and let the coaches be coaches.

Comment

TD

Romanowski

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
              TD

Romanowski
              I don't see TD being a very good coach.. maybe a motivational locker room Janitor..

Comment

Oh i didnt even read the title lol...i thought this was 2 people we could bring back.

Rod smith instead of TD.

Comment

Romanowski

Despite being dirty and mean this guy lived football. He was a student of the game and knew how to prepare for a game. You add in his work ethic and knowledge of training I think he would be a sure fire winner as either a strength and condition coach or a LB coach.

I think it takes a player that isn't the HOF talent that coaches best. Its the guys that rise up beause they have to work harder to get where they did.

Rod Smith would be my number 2 and then Sharpe for all the same reasons.
                  sigpic

Comment

Easy one for me. Definitely Atwater.
                    Adopted Poster
                    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Definitely John Lynch....

I agree that x-players don't always do well as coaches but that doesn't mean they don't have the same chance as any other new coach, and they probably have an advantage as a former player because they've been there....as long as they don't keep going back to that.
                      “4th quarter comebacks means a guy screwed up in the first three quarters.” ~Peyton

Comment

Kubiak.

Atwater.

Comment

Tom Jackson. He may not make a good coach, but did u see his face after the Raider loss? That man could fry an egg with those LB eyes!
                          #swapping

Comment

Our version of "Coach K".

Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                            sigpic

Comment

Selvin Young. He ran for 2,000 yards.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Working...
                              X