This season's goal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This season's goal.

What is a realistic goal for the up coming season to be considered a success. Is it. 500? 9 - 7? A playoff spot?
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Superbowl

Comment

Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
      Superbowl
      Love the optimism, but do we have a legitimate chance of winning the Super Bowl?
      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
        Love the optimism, but do we have a legitimate chance of winning the Super Bowl?
        of course, every team does. No matter how bad your team is the GOAL should be superbowl, doesnt matter what your record was, what your team looks like or who is playing quarterback.

Now what I think will happen is somewhere in the 4-6 win area.

Comment

Winning season would be a good start. After that winning the division

Comment

Honestly, I won't ask much from the Broncos in 2011. I don't think John Fox will be able to do his best, simply because there is a lockout. New head coaches installing new systems will have a harder path ahead.

While Peyton Manning and Drew Brees could work as OCs for their teams, the Broncos are still waiting for competition to figure out who will be the starting QB. And this kind of situation goes to the rest of the team. New 4-3 scheme, new DC. A lot of work to do.

I won't be surprised if the offense and defense are not sharp by September. The offseason has been a mess because of this lockout.

At this point, this is the goal I would like to see: no matter what happens in 2011, keep the system, keep the OC and DC for 2012, show some continuity and let the players grow in the system.
            sigpic

Comment

duh, winning!
              sigpic
              Thank you Charger$

Comment

The goal every season is to be the last team standing when the long march to February is done and over with. Anything else is complete and total failure. Simple truth when it comes to sports.
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

A marked improvement on D and red zone efficiency. That would give us something positive to build on for 2012.
                  sigpic

Comment

All i want to see is a vast improvment from what we saw last year, i think the most i can really expect is a .500 season if we get anything more than that it will be a bonus.

I wish i could say yes were gonna win superbowl or evern make playoffs but that would be to optomistic at this stage, especially with new systems/coaches etc and a lockout that limits certain things

Weve heard for years "broncos are rebuilding" but this year i think we really are.

I have faith in my broncos and i am happy with the direction we have taken the last few months..

Go Broncos!

Comment

It will be a disappointment if we don't make the playoffs but I am prepared for that eventuality. If things do head south it will still be interesting to see the players and coaching staff develop chemistry, and we can take comfort knowing that all the drama and spygate issues of last year are behind us.

Comment

Other than the blind love of winning the Super Bowl.

I would honestly say that a 8-8 season or 7-9 season should be considered a big win for the Broncos. With the lock out, new staff, new players, and just still not being the best team we should take a .500 season happily.
                        sigpic
                        MILE HIGH MAGIC HAPPENS IN ORANGE!

2011 Adopt a Bronco: The Beast off the Bench Adam Weber!!!

Originally posted by Jay3
                        Yes. For two Super Bowls I would be willing to carpet bomb Canada.

Comment

It is embarresing if the teams number 1 goal is not win a superbowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                            What is a realistic goal for the up coming season to be considered a success. Is it. 500? 9 - 7? A playoff spot?
                            Isn't part of the reason we got rid of Coach Shannahan was we were sick of mediocre 9-7 seasons?

Now we would be happy w that, gosh these past two years have been hell.

Why not a Super Bowl title?! Ha
                            sigpic
                            The Bronco fan pledge;
                            I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                            I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                            I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                            I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                            Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

I don't think a record is a realistic goal.

I think improving our defense from the worst in the NFL to at least the middle of the pack in one year would be a goal. Realistic? Why not? Other teams are getting both better and worse at the same time.

I think resolving our QB issues to the point where we know who we want to start on our roster and we can also find out if we have a franchise QB on the roster.

We need to complete the work on our offensive line, institute our power rushing game and see if we can get our running game back up to at least the middle of the pack in one season.

I think if we accomplish those three things, we've accomplished a lot in the NFL, and I think they are all realistic goals.
                              You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X