This season's goal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make the playoffs.

When you've been out of the playoffs, making the postseason for the first time in a while is just about always a successful season.

Only when you've sustained that does the bar move to the need to win the Superbowl or the conference to avoid "failure."

Comment

Stay competitive within the Division, we were 5-1 last year. I really don't think we going to be a playoff team, but we can at least see what we have as building blocks for next year season.

Comment

I'll keep it real - I'm not going to get too hung up on the record.

I want to see fundamental changes that lead to:

1. The ability to pressure a quarterback - increased hurries and sacks
        2. Improved D vs the run - if we end the season in the middle of the pack
        vs the run it'll be a vast improvement.
        3. Better run blocking from our offensive line leading to a reliable and
        improved running game
        4. Improved effiency in 3d down situations
        5. Improved red zone effiency
        6. Less predictable play calling
        7. Better all around special teams play

If we see these improvements then a much improved record will come with...

Comment

Originally posted by rogue719 View Post
          I don't think a record is a realistic goal.

I think improving our defense from the worst in the NFL to at least the middle of the pack in one year would be a goal. Realistic? Why not? Other teams are getting both better and worse at the same time.

I think resolving our QB issues to the point where we know who we want to start on our roster and we can also find out if we have a franchise QB on the roster.

We need to complete the work on our offensive line, institute our power rushing game and see if we can get our running game back up to at least the middle of the pack in one season.

I think if we accomplish those three things, we've accomplished a lot in the NFL, and I think they are all realistic goals.
          Exactly. The goal should be to execute perfectly, play smart football, play physical football, and then let the scoreboard take care of itself.

If I were a coach, it doesn't matter the talent level. Just execute your assignment. If you execute the perfect technique with a nasty disposition, and the guy just beats you, it happens, we can live with whatever that player has to give. Just execute and be physical.
          Last edited by Crazy8; 05-09-2011, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
            of course, every team does. No matter how bad your team is the GOAL should be superbowl, doesnt matter what your record was, what your team looks like or who is playing quarterback.
            I agree with this. The precipitants in the NFL are in it to win SB's. Anything less should not be considered a goal. One of the few times I will ever quote or agree (even if he's right, because you know ) with Al Davis is when he gave his reasons for firing Tom Cable. When questioned about Cable's success of getting the Raiders to 8-8, Al responded by saying something along the lines of, "you consider 8-8 success?" So growing up as a fan in the 80's-90's, I've become accustomed to seeing us in the big dance or at least in the playoffs. You could say my Bronco fan pedigree is spoiled. So every year I look for us to find a way to win no matter who is on the team, what our schedule looks like, when we play, where we're playing, and how we do it, because that's what Elway always did. The difference between us and the Packers is so small, many of you may not even realize it. It's not what players on the field, so much as it is how those players are used. When a staff can maximize the production of all 53+PS, they win. So my goal for this team is SB victory and anything less should not be considered a goal.
            #swapping

Comment

I'd like to get from "Laughing Stock" back to "Ignored".

I used to complain that we just weren't in the discussion of teams that might do anything of any real significance. Then McD came to town, and all of the sudden we were making headlines all the time, just not good ones.

So 2010 "Laughing Stock"
              2011 "Ignored"
              2012 "Noticed"
              2013 "Competitors"

sigpic
              \

Comment

When Lovie Smith was first hired as the Bears HC, he was asked what his goals were. He said that he had three -
                • 1.) Beat Green Bay
                • 2.) Win the NFC North
                • 3.) Go to the Super Bowl

And he did that in pretty quick order. I think that's a reasonable plan for Fox to follow...
                • 1.) Beat San Diego
                • 2.) Win the AFC West
                • 3.) Go to the Super Bowl

I believe that the talent is on the team already to do that. Fox was able to turn around the Panthers in 2 seasons. I think that's what Elway & Bowlen were aiming at when they hired him - a quick turnaround.
                "That's a crap question."
                - Kyle Orton

Comment

Originally posted by demonicbroncos View Post
                  Stay competitive within the Division, we were 5-1 last year. I really don't think we going to be a playoff team, but we can at least see what we have as building blocks for next year season.
                  How were we 5-1 in the division when we finished 4-12? Am I missing something?
                  sigpic
                  The Bronco fan pledge;
                  I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                  I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                  I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                  I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                  Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
                    How were we 5-1 in the division when we finished 4-12? Am I missing something?
                    He meant 1-5.

Anyways, I'd be happy just by seeing improvement from our young players. if Tebow, Moreno, Walton, Beadles, Miller, Moore, McBath, Cox, etc. all take steps forward into becoming solid guys, then I'll be extremely excited going forward.

Comment

Winning the Superbowl is every NFL team's goal.

John Fox has stated that the goal of this team should be to win the division and get into the playoffs. I think he's trying to keep it "real" with this goal.

With so many weaknesses, and little depth at most positions, this will be a lofty goal. I am concerned about having new coaches and probably having very little time to install the offense, defense and special teams.

A more realistic goal should be to improve in every aspect and win more games than last year.

Like it, or not, folks this team is in rebuilding phase and that usually takes time.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                        He meant 1-5.

Anyways, I'd be happy just by seeing improvement from our young players. if Tebow, Moreno, Walton, Beadles, Miller, Moore, McBath, Cox, etc. all take steps forward into becoming solid guys, then I'll be extremely excited going forward.
                        Okay, that's what I thought, but wasn't sure.

I'm looking forward to football.
                        sigpic
                        The Bronco fan pledge;
                        I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                        I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                        I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                        I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                        Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

I'd like us not to be an embarrassment anymore...

Comment

Goal for the 2011 Bronco Season

The goal for the 2011 Bronco season should be to have a 2011 season.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I'd rather us be competitive and play hard and only win 5, then to be wildly inconsistent and catch a ton of breaks and sneak into the playoffs.

I don't have high expectations in the win column for this year, but I do expect more heart from the team than we showed under McDaniels.

Right now we just don't have a lot of talent. It will take another offseason or two of player acquisiton and development before we can get back to where we were when we were a playoff team.
                              A book I wrote

Comment

remember it takes one change to completely change the dynamics and attitude of a team...teams with 10 wins have made the Sbowl...
                                BRONCO FAN FOR LIFE

Comment

Working...
                                X