No announcement yet.

This season's goal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a realistic goal would be to have an O and D that are both ranked at least in the middle of the pack (15th), from a production stand point. Higher is better lower is unacceptable.

Balanced stats, is a balanced team that can only get better with complementary football.

Our first and foremost priority is for the staff to keep the players healthy, wither that's; Trainers do their job, Getting players conditioned, getting players into yoga, acu puncture, Spank the players ass until they learn to deal with the pain, IDK whatever. There has been one constant over the last 3 or 4 years and that's health. It seemed to hit certain positions more each year, which suggest more then a feather in the wind excuse like, oh injuries just happen. Getting younger through the draft should help, then again "sophomore slumps or injuries" may be a big issue.

If we can get rid of decimating injuries we will be well on our way. I think we have a problem with the staff that deals with players and injury! Do players with high character have what it takes to play through pain?
    I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

5-6 wins seems realistic. As others have pointed out, the Broncos will not be fully functional within the John Fox offense, or defense unless the lock-out were to end today, and that isn't going to happen.

No, Denver still lacks impact D-linemen in a division that runs the ball especially well, has talented, but very inexperienced position players all over the board on offense and defense, and the schedule isn't doing us any favors.

I would be happy with an upset or two, solid professional growth from our young players and a good long look at Tim Tebow at QB to see if this kid really does have the goods.

Comment

Personally, I'm not going to look for stats or a playoff record.

Goals I'm hoping to see achieved:

Disciplined playing.
        Some fun wins.
        Tenacity in our losses.
        Building of a team, around the young talent we have.
        Weeding out of malcontents. Theres one (or more) in every crowd.

Mostly, instill me with hope (false or real, I'm easy) for the future!

If there were ever a "write off" year, this is it. Lets get these guys rolling in the same direction, avoiding stupidity, gelling into a rythem & see what we cant put together.

Oh...and TWO RAIDER STOMPINGS.

That about does it for my list of goals
        "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

Next year I'm looking for a few things:

1. 6-9 wins....its a decent range and a little low, but after our dismal season we need to at least improve this much and its a realistic goal.

2. We need to regain that Mile High advantage starting with a win against Oakland on Monday Night. - Need to make a statement that this is a new team that will not accept 59 point blowouts at home. Not expecting to go 8-0 at home but we need to play harder and to the very end unlike last year.

3. Other games we need to win include at the very least splitting with our division rivals, the Bears game and the Dolphins game. Lets make sure our rivals take us seriously for now on and lets not have Cutler or Marshall have a happy day against their former team.

4. DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE!!! Our D has to be improved!! we need to jump at least 10 rankings in overall defense...AT LEAST!! Lets get some sacks and lets get some turnovers and lets get some stops on third down!!

5. We need to figure out the QB position. We need to stop playing this game and decide who the future is of our franchise.

Anyways those are the 5 goals I'm looking for the broncos to accomplish by the end of next season. If we do those things we should be in good shape heading into the offseason and then with 1 more good draft I believe we can be right back in the playoff mix!

GO DENVER!
          sigpic
          Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

I believe 6-10 is pretty realistic, maybe 7-9. Anything above that would be amazing, which also means plenty of our team will step up. Looking forward to seeing who those players will be next season.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
              of course, every team does. No matter how bad your team is the GOAL should be superbowl, doesnt matter what your record was, what your team looks like or who is playing quarterback.

Now what I think will happen is somewhere in the 4-6 win area.
              I was with until the 4-6 wins part. I say we goin 10 and 6, I say we goin to the ship

Comment

19-0

eeeeyup

Comment

Originally posted by Ahrum View Post
                  19-0

eeeeyup
                  This is what I'm talkin about! Later for all that "5-9 wins" and "improved defense" garbage. Every year our goals should be:

1. , this is primary in this division and after that 59pt embarrassment sending Al and his Raiders to play water polo with Bin Laden should be priority numer uno.

2. Re-own the AFC West. We own that crown, everybody else is just borrowing. And you can see it don't fit proper since SD chokes, Chokeland choked in 2002, and KC was fakin'!

3.SB or bust baby!!!!! With this being the #1 goal that the other 2 objectives help us meet.

So I'm with you I LOVE 19-0 as a goal. That's realistic to me until our record shows ?-1. I want Championships not "mid-range defenses" or "better growth". I'm all in as a fan. I have every SB that we're not in to the point where I do host a party, very k.a. i must say, but I hardly watch. The only goal should be for SB Sunday to be "Orange Sunday".
                  #swapping

Comment

Super Bowl or bust like every NFL teams goal. If you're not holding up Vince Lombardi trophy at the end of season than it's a failure I remember Shannon Sharpe saying this on America's game. With that said I think 7 or 8 wins is great team goal compared what we where last year 4-12.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                      This is what I'm talkin about! Later for all that "5-9 wins" and "improved defense" garbage. Every year our goals should be:

1. , this is primary in this division and after that 59pt embarrassment sending Al and his Raiders to play water polo with Bin Laden should be priority numer uno.

2. Re-own the AFC West. We own that crown, everybody else is just borrowing. And you can see it don't fit proper since SD chokes, Chokeland choked in 2002, and KC was fakin'!

3.SB or bust baby!!!!! With this being the #1 goal that the other 2 objectives help us meet.

So I'm with you I LOVE 19-0 as a goal. That's realistic to me until our record shows ?-1. I want Championships not "mid-range defenses" or "better growth". I'm all in as a fan. I have every SB that we're not in to the point where I do host a party, very k.a. i must say, but I hardly watch. The only goal should be for SB Sunday to be "Orange Sunday".
                      People may laugh at 19-0 but unless your goal is to win every game one by one, you won't get to the more realistic 8-8 season at all.

If you set your goal at 8-8, when the S hits the F in the fourth quarter the team will bail, saying well our goal is 8-8 so we can afford to drop this one...

So if i were coach I would say win today!, every day, isn't that 19-0?

sigpic
                      \

Comment

Win the AFC West head-to-head. Go no worse than 4-2 within the division.

Restore team pride. Bring in former Broncos and get the team believing again that the Broncos are supposed to win games.

Find our QB. I really want Tebow to succeed. (And I think he can.)

Stop being a defensive laughingstock. Get tough, get nasty, stop being nice. No more embarrassing games where we never stop the other team.
                        Bronco fan since 1971

Comment

Obviously every team plays any season to win the superbowl, but I think in our case it is important to set and accomplish short term goals. I think a winning season (9 games) is a good stepping stone. Then the division, playoffs, and SB. If we improve our D to the middle of the pack (15 or so), that alone will net us 4 more wins (than last year). Throw in a solid running attack- another 2-3 games improvement. Its entirely possible. I will be satisfied with visible improvements every where but especially on D and the running game.
                          "I've gone great lengths to expand my threshold of pain" - HR

Comment

Every season's goal is the Super Bowl.

We saw with Tebow that he can get this offense going and when he is feeling it, watch out. If his guys are covered he will beat you with his legs. We have great potential on the o-line who, with a season behind them, might turn that potential into a consistent force. We have very good receivers with a mix of vets and youth.

On defense we have a lock-down secondary, especially if Moore/Carter can adapt to pro speed in a hurry. Our linebackers are questionable with a high reward possibility. There is an arsenal of pass rushers.

All we need to do is dish out some $$ in FA, grab a couple of the hottest defensive tackles, and the only thing that can hold this team back is chemistry.

There are a lot of if's that won't be answered until Week 1, so my guess is a 10-6 season with room for better. Then again, we have a tough schedule.

Comment

Goal for the season is of course SB.....But in all honestly this team talent wise is in the bottom 4 or 5 in the league, and the little we have is really young and unproven. So I think that 5 or 6 wins would be a good season. I think that our O is going to really fall off this season, and I think our D is going to be very young and going to get beat up.....This season is going to be full of growing pains (right now I say we are 5-11).....But with a year under their belts.....Some experience for TT, and the D, a back to shoulder the load (or at least the starter reps), a WR that can make plays.......We get some of this and 2012 is going to be on the uptrend
                              Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                                What is a realistic goal for the up coming season to be considered a success. Is it. 500? 9 - 7? A playoff spot?
                                I would say a realistic goal would simply be infusing youth into the rotation. We could have a good core of younger guys and hopefully they get the chance to make plays and show what the future may bring.

I think the fact that we won 4 games despite the injuries, poor defense and coaching/scheme changes shows that we werent that far off from being a .500 team. So for me an 8-8 or 9-7 record should be expected, anything better than that would mean we are prob playoff bound.

Comment

Working...
                                X