Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reuben Droughns

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Reuben Droughns

    How fast is Reuben Droughns? I know he's our back up fullback and he's in there due to the Mike Anderson suspension but he's one of the fastest guys on that field! Yesterday vs. the Chiefs when Dante Hall broke his big return look at the tape. Droughns caught up to him and made the tackle on more than one kick return. I'm a big fan of him! I didn't realize what kind of speed this guy had though. I also saw it last week when I attended the Broncos vs. Raiders in Oakland (aka Hell). Plummer would bring him in motion to the wide receiver spot and he moved down field with the corners having trouble covering him. He's got a bright future with us!

  • #2
    Re: Reuben Droughns

    Originally posted by Hoss
    How fast is Reuben Droughns? I know he's our back up fullback and he's in there due to the Mike Anderson suspension but he's one of the fastest guys on that field! Yesterday vs. the Chiefs when Dante Hall broke his big return look at the tape. Droughns caught up to him and made the tackle on more than one kick return. I'm a big fan of him! I didn't realize what kind of speed this guy had though. I also saw it last week when I attended the Broncos vs. Raiders in Oakland (aka Hell). Plummer would bring him in motion to the wide receiver spot and he moved down field with the corners having trouble covering him. He's got a bright future with us!
    This guy is impressive and quick. But with Mike Anderson coming back, I am not sure how he will fit in. Maybe use him in place of Ashlie Lelie and he will start making those dropped catches

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Re: Reuben Droughns

      Originally posted by portis123
      This guy is impressive and quick. But with Mike Anderson coming back, I am not sure how he will fit in. Maybe use him in place of Ashlie Lelie and he will start making those dropped catches
      yea unfortunatly Ashley is having that problem (i think he'll snap out) but I think we have to find a way to get this guy in the game plan.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Re: Re: Reuben Droughns

        Originally posted by Hoss
        yea unfortunatly Ashley is having that problem (i think he'll snap out) but I think we have to find a way to get this guy in the game plan.
        Perhaps they should trying getting Ashlie Lelie involved early for short yardage as well instead of throwing those deep Randy Moss passes to him. That may help him in gaining some confidence. I think the media ( i remember ESPN as well) build up too much hype about him in pre-season. Possibly all the pressure is affecting him. Guess not every player can be Portis and handle all the pressure.

        Comment


        • #5
          yea but what do you think about Droughns?

          Comment


          • #6
            portis123,

            i agree with you completely. he is getting the deep balls early. they need to run him in some of those crossing patterns and let him use his feet for after the catch rather than strictly getting open deep. he will come around. he won't be a bust.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm liking Droughns more and more... I like to call him Dreuben. If you noticed on Hall's "big" kick return - he came flying down on the far side of the field, circled back around behind the action, and caught Hall from behind. He had some serious wheels on that play.
              Winter is Coming!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Hoss
                yea but what do you think about Droughns?
                I think droughns has earned himself a spot in the offense, he has stepped in and stepped up in the abscence of...puff...Anderson. Maybe next year he can step in if Sharpe retires, we know he can block, catch and run.
                Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

                It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

                Vince Lombardi

                Comment


                • #9
                  oops

                  Originally posted by Hoss
                  yea but what do you think about Droughns?
                  sorry. I digressed from the main subject I read that he is injured. SO may not be available for the next game.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    pikman...interesting point! Maybe he can do what Kliensasser (spelling) is doing in Minnesota. Versatile at FB and TE. Or maybe we will get a Winslow type player in the draft. Bottom line is Droughns has impressed and I think there's a little Fullback controversy now.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: oops

                      Reuben has been awesome lately and Shanahan knows it. He sprained his ankle yesterday though. Check the article below.

                      Originally posted at http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=1721
                      HIGHS AND LOWS FOR DROUGHNS:
                      With Mike Anderson's suspension ending this week, the Broncos will once again have two fullbacks on their 53-man roster. But what Reuben Droughns did in Anderson's absence shows something more -- that the Broncos have two good fullbacks.

                      Droughns' performance Sunday was his best yet, as he caught three passes for 32 yards, including the 3-yard touchdown reception that put the Broncos permanently in front. He also helped hold Dante Hall in check -- relatively speaking, since he still averaged 26.2 yards a return -- with two tackles on special teams, including a touchdown-saving stop on Hall's 61-yard gallop.

                      The boss on the sidelines noticed.

                      "Reuben Droughns played one of the best games I've been around. In fact, if I would have thought about it, I would have given him a game ball," Head Coach Mike Shanahan said. "I'll make sure he gets one. He played extremely well."

                      Said Droughns: "I don't know if I deserve a game ball. I just do what I'm expected to do every week."

                      When Droughns stepped into the lineup, all he wanted to do was keep the seat warm for his close friend Anderson. He did that -- and more, becoming a vital short-passing target for Plummer.

                      "I was just trying to hold it down before Mike got back," Droughns said. "Just getting an opportunity has been great."

                      But a fourth-quarter injury dampened the joy. When he finally emerged in the locker room following the win, his left ankle and lower leg were wrapped in bandages. X-rays were negative, but he emerged with a sprained ankle and a bruised leg.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by pikman
                        I think droughns has earned himself a spot in the offense, he has stepped in and stepped up in the abscence of...puff...Anderson. Maybe next year he can step in if Sharpe retires, we know he can block, catch and run.
                        That's a great thought. Start working him out at TE (too). It seems like there's many multi-position players this year and you always want your best players out there no matter what, so I say, yes to that. Shannon's probably hanging it up after this year.
                        Winter is Coming!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Plummer/End zone

                          Jake knows when we can get the ball in the end zone.He can feel it.He will get hit to get us the ball in the end zone and that was the week to do it.It gets tougher and he won't be abled to do that every week but that situation may come up again in the playoffs if we get there.I think we can. Wide out in the flat was probably an Elway designed play with a good block up front.Rueben was wide open and the ball was soft compared to the one lAshley had to haul in.Eddie made a great catch and kept us in the game even though he was only in three games so far.It does get tougher and we are at home next week.Lets play like we own this part of the US.mike greeley

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I think he should be number 1 replacment at tight end for shannon sharpe. I mean i know hes a FB right now, but he can block, he's got good speed, and he showed last week he can catch.
                            Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Plummer/End zone

                              Originally posted by Michael399
                              Jake knows when we can get the ball in the end zone.He can feel it.He will get hit to get us the ball in the end zone and that was the week to do it.It gets tougher and he won't be abled to do that every week but that situation may come up again in the playoffs if we get there.I think we can. Wide out in the flat was probably an Elway designed play with a good block up front.Rueben was wide open and the ball was soft compared to the one lAshley had to haul in.Eddie made a great catch and kept us in the game even though he was only in three games so far.It does get tougher and we are at home next week.Lets play like we own this part of the US.mike greeley
                              If you're talking about when Plummer motioned Droughns to wide out it wasn't just a play or 2 against oakland. It was almost every play, almost every run they did that. Droughns would go to wide out and Portis would have no blockers, maybe to get all the raider defenders out of the box or something. This week against KC they did the opposite. they started with Droughns wide and motioned him in to blocking full back in the offset 'I' formation. Shannahan is a hoss for sure!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X