Elway hoping for Moreno's 'Breakout Year'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elway hoping for Moreno's 'Breakout Year'

Broncos VP of Football Operations John Elway is hoping for a "breakout year" from feature back Knowshon Moreno.

Elway didn't address the Broncos' free agency plans, but that's a pretty strong backing of Moreno as the featured runner. There's little doubt Denver will add to the backfield before training camp. Elway's comments suggest the target will be an upgrade on Moreno's backups as opposed to direct competition.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...-breakout-year
    sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

I'm interested to see what Moreno can do with a coach thats committed to the run and an offensive line that hopefully run blocks a bit better.

Comment

He's not the only one - I've been waiting for 2 years.

I'm slightly more optimistic given the selection of Franklin and I hope we get some skill added in FA, because I think our O-Line was young and inexperienced as a whole last year and that's not what a young running back needs.

I did like some of the things I saw from Moreno last year, particularly the fight he would show on some carries to continue running for positive yards.

He still has some work to do himself, however.
      Last edited by Pruke; 05-10-2011, 05:43 PM.
      Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

I'm hoping so, too.

Comment

Knowshon for 1300yrds.. please or a combo of knowshon (maybe D Williams)
          for about 1500yrds would be useful

Comment

No Show Moreno? Nearly a big a bust as Demaryius Thomas.

Comment

Originally posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
              No Show Moreno? Nearly a big a bust as Demaryius Thomas.
              but not as big as tebow

Comment

If he does not get injured, yes.

Comment

Lol anyone who says Knowshon is a bust is flat out wrong, it's unfortunate but unless we have Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson noatter who we have will be labelled a bust smh
                  What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                  I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                    Lol anyone who says Knowshon is a bust is flat out wrong, it's unfortunate but unless we have Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson noatter who we have will be labelled a bust smh
                    Technically he hasnt done anything special in the first couple years he's been here.

I'm sorry, but I firmly believe a RB has to be able to break away and outrun to the endzone. Moreno simply hasnt done anything since he's been here. Wwe have poor run blocking, but even once he's free he gets chased down from behind...
                    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Bust??

You are either a stud or bust nothing in between, you are either for Tebow or against him nothing in between, if you think Orton is a good QB then you hate Tebow if you think Tebow is going to be good then you hate Orton... etc... etc...

Seriously folks KM is not a bust, he may not be the best RB of all time but he will have a good NFL career. In today's NFL you need multiple backs he will be one of those multiple backs in our system.

A bust is J.Russell, Ryan Leaf, Lion's wide receivers not named Calvin Johnson... Not a productive young player like KM.

I'd hate to hear this guy at home talking to his wife... "do you like my meatloaf"? ... "YES! it's the best meatloaf in the whole world" or "NO! this is horrible... worst meatloaf I ever had"

Psst... Sometimes meatloaf is just alright.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueOrange7 View Post
                        but not as big as tebow
                        yeah..... He clearly has the same path than leinart, Young and Russel
                        Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

Adopted Broncos:
                        -:Mr. Decker:-

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
                          Technically he hasnt done anything special in the first couple years he's been here.

I'm sorry, but I firmly believe a RB has to be able to break away and outrun to the endzone. Moreno simply hasnt done anything since he's been here. Wwe have poor run blocking, but even once he's free he gets chased down from behind...

Knowshon has 2400+ yards and 17tds!!!!!

Just what exactly do you expect from a 2nd year RB??????
                          So far:
                          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by Louich View Post
                            yeah..... He clearly has the same path than leinart, Young and Russel
                            I know, he really does

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
                              I'd hate to hear this guy at home talking to his wife... "do you like my meatloaf"? ... "YES! it's the best meatloaf in the whole world" or "NO! this is horrible... worst meatloaf I ever had"

Psst... Sometimes meatloaf is just alright.

God forbid if you ever tell your wife her Meatloaf is just all right!

Those may be the last words you ever speak!

:thumb:
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X