Greatest Bronco LB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karl Mechlenburg was our best player.

I personally loved watching Romanowski though since he was mad crazy in the head on the field.

Comment

Randy Gradishar

He should be in the HOF
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
        Did you seriously put Von Miller on this poll? Is that a joke?
        sad thing, but if the rookie compensation plan doesn't change, he may be the highest paid!!!

BTW.......it's Randy!!! He was where the ball was, and he could execute!! So good!!!

Comment

Al Wilson...I can't vote for Gradishar cuz I didn't honestly see him....and Wilson was a force in his short time...terrible how his career just ended

Comment

Originally posted by Canmore View Post
            And he has two votes already.
            .........I just saw that. Unless those votes are TX A&M fans who just started followin the broncos its KIND OF OK. If not they need to leave they are done I disown them as fellow fans.
            sigpic

Comment

Al Wilson was my basically my child hood football hero along with Rod Smith.

Comment

#1 Randy Gradishar
                #2 Tom Jackson
                #2 Karl Mecklenburg

(I know I put 2 twice, it was on purpose)

I am not sure why Ian Gold is even on the list.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                  Al Wilson...I can't vote for Gradishar cuz I didn't honestly see him....and Wilson was a force in his short time...terrible how his career just ended
                  Al Wilson was a beast. While he was here, he was the heart and soul of the Denver defense. We haven't been the same since.
                  sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

If Al didn't have to end his career short there is a strong chance he would have passed Randy.
                    sigpic

Comment

Mecklenburg, Not only a bad ass, but he would fill any gap the team needed to like a one man depth chart.
                      sigpic
                      I Adopt #77 well damn!
                      Milla Da QB Killa' #77
                      Fox Rocks #77

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                        Mobley was fairly similar. I think his ideal position was on the outside, but I think the had him in the middle for one year....don't remember because it's been a long time. He was fast and physical, like Al Wilson, but probably not quite as strong in traffic.

Mobely also had his career cut short. I think he only got to play for 3 or 4 years. His neck injury was really tragic. He was an awesome football player. He probably would have had multiple Pro-Bowls and All Pro selections had his career not been cut short.

Personally, I'm fairly partial to Al Wilson. The year after John retired there was a huge let-down, and Mobely also got injured towards the end of the season. I don't know if he even played again after that.

Enter Al Wilson.....Al brought excitement and passion to the game. He was an intense leader. He had all of the physical tools. He was extremely fast with 4.5 speed, and he was also a force inside. He was, to me, the perfect mold if an ILB. There were of course great LB's in Denver, but I was pretty young when Tom Jackson and Randy Gradishar played, so I don't remember them very well. Karl M. was really good too, but he was more of a thumper, not that that's a bad thing. Al Wilson was just one of those football players that gave you atleast one or two of those "oooh" or, "aaaah" moments per game.
                        Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 05-12-2011, 09:11 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Garywolf001 View Post
                          Mecklenburg, Not only a bad ass, but he would fill any gap the team needed to like a one man depth chart.
                          I can remember him lining up at NT sometimes in nickel situations. That guy was strong as an ox.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Al Wilson or Tom Jackson! But I'm going with Al!

Comment

Anybody who doesn't vote for Gradishar must not have seen him play. I think he could have been the best LB of his era. I even say he was better than Jack Lambert, and speaking of Lambert, whenever he is asked "who is the be LB you ever played with, or against?" he always answers Gradishar. So who is #1 shouldn't even be a contest, Randy whould have been the Bronco's first HOFer.

For that matter #2 should be Meck, who should also be in the HOF, although he wasn't quite as good as Randy. TJ or Al Wilson at #3.

Romo was one of my favorite players when he was here, but he shouldn't make the top ten on this list!
                              Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

Gradishar. It's a crime that an above-average LB like Harry Carson is in the HoF and Gradishar remains on the outside looking in. Inexcusable, actually.

Comment

Working...
                                X