Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think our D is coming together and looking like a promising unit ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think our D is coming together and looking like a promising unit ?

I know that the players we drafted have not played yet and we don't know how they will turn out but I think this D is a 2-3 years re-build and really like the way the D is shaping up.

I know DT is still a need but alot of talent has been added.

DE's - Ayers's, Doom, Hunter, Veikune, Beal

DT's - Vickerson, Thomas

OLB's - Miller, DJ, Haggan, Woodyard

MLB's - May's, Irving, Mohamed

CB's - Bailey, Goodman, Cox, Thompson, Jones, Vaughan

S's - Hill, Dawkins, McBath, Carter, Moore, McCarthy

I know Thomas and Woodyard are RFA's.

Hopefully somew of the rookies emerge.

The DT situation needs addressing and I want to see if a true MLB of starting quality will emerge.

In the first year, no.

I expecting a fast start and a decline. I just want to see if we can build from what we have.

Comment

I see some stud FA DTs being added and a top 10 D YEAR ONE. And were going at least 10-6

Comment

Promising unit? Yes I think DT still huge need but we no where to go but up from last years defense.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by themadfanatic View Post
          I see some stud FA DTs being added and a top 10 D YEAR ONE. And were going at least 10-6
          Lol. There aren't any stud FA DT's. I don't think you understand that it takes players a long time to acclimate to the league. You keep thinking that rookies will come in and immediately elevate our defense, but that's not how it works.

But yeah, it's for sure a lot younger and could develop into something that's not the eyesore we've had for 4 years.
          sigpic
          Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
            Lol. There aren't any stud FA DT's. I don't think you understand that it takes players a long time to acclimate to the league. You keep thinking that rookies will come in and immediately elevate our defense, but that's not how it works.

But yeah, it's for sure a lot younger and could develop into something that's not the eyesore we've had for 4 years.
            Its a work in progress won't be surprise at a 6-10 season. I think the Broncos would be going young on both defense and offense to start off a foundation for the future. Part of a reason, I could see some vets get let go or traded before the season starts after cba mess is dealt with.

Comment

Do I Think the D is Coming Together and Looking Like a Promising Unit?

There is absolutely no basis for an answer to this question. None.

No coaches coaching no players equals no football.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Too early to tell yet. I'm heartened by the return of Doom and the drafting of Von Miller. I like the idea of getting more pass rush. I also think Vickerson will do just fine as a DT for our new(?) defensive line.

I think we are going to hurt though, if the lockout continues and we can't prepare for the coming season. We need to get our guys on the field, get our rookies some practice in the ways of the NFL or it will take an extra season to get them up to speed.
                You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

In terms of talent level the defense does look like it's coming together and it could be a very promising unit.

The problem is, there's no football to be played and no official OTA's to be run. Whether or not that talent will actually work well together is still a mystery.
                  My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl
                  Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    There is absolutely no basis for an answer to this question. None.

No coaches coaching no players equals no football.
                    Agreed.

All the draft hoopla is all for not since they aren't actually in the locker room and getting ready for camp.

We addressed some defense in the draft no doubt but for what? To sit on their thumbs without a playbook wondering if they actually are going to learn anything at this NFL level?

This lockout has my blood boiling for so many reasons. This is just one major part of the disappointment this league and the already existing players are displaying by not settling this mess.

These rookie draftees are just sitting there probably as confused as we are wondering if they will get a chance to play and prove why they were drafted where and when they were.

Putting the blinders on and thinking all is normal and well in the world, I think we did pretty good with the draft regarding our defense. As we all know the DT was an issue, but we did good in all other areas of concern.
                    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                      I know that the players we drafted have not played yet and we don't know how they will turn out but I think this D is a 2-3 years re-build and really like the way the D is shaping up.

DT's - Vickerson, Thomas

The DT situation needs addressing and I want to see if a true MLB of starting quality will emerge.

It can't help but be better yeah.

But promising?

Not yet.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post

DT's - Vickerson, Thomas

Can you PLEASE at least wait untill after the first game at least and then ask this question again?
                        sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

I agree that we can't talk about chemistry and coming together and so on....but I definitely believe we have more promise than we have had for many years, for several reasons:

- we have some real game-changer type players in our lineup, including Doom, Champ, Miller and DJ......and I still believe Ayers is on the cusp
                          - we have made Linebacking a potential strength again, something thats been lacking for far too long, and is what defined our club in days of the Orange Crush
                          - we have a HC that is big on D, and we have a new DC, who will bring a style of play that emphasizes aggressiveness, ball-hawking and in your face football....it's about time!

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
                            It can't help but be better yeah.

But promising?

Not yet.
                            My thoughts

It has to get better just with Doom being healthy.

I think 2 rookies will start on defense this year...by the end of the year 3...maybe more if we got real lucky in the draft.

There will be holes. There will be mistakes. We will probably struggle some against the run (though less then last year).

Imo there will also be more sacks, more ints and more negative plays.

Bad defense, been bad and neglected for long time...gonna take a year or two to fix it. We had so many holes I thought we would still need to fill 2-3 going into the year but it is very possible we only need 1-2 DTs.

The defense will get better but it is gonna give up some points.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post

Coefield is a stud mebane is very good and plenty of rookies have an impact year 1 what are u talking about??

Comment

Working...
                              X