Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think our D is coming together and looking like a promising unit ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we drafted extremely well and so far it looks promising. However it is to early to tell how it will come together. Just because it looks good now does not mean that they will gel together on the field. They will need a year or more of playing together before we can properly evaluate them as a unit.
    sigpic

Comment

I agree with most. Things look very promising only because after 10 long years, someone in the front office finally sees that we neglected our defense far too long!

Comment

Yes, it 'looks' promising, but until we get some games under our belt, we won't know for sure what we have.

Comment

Were going to be improved just from actually showing effort on that side of the ball, which is nice. Last year was ridiculous from an effort standpoint. We'll create more turnovers and get a couple big stops which will equate to a few more w's but I don't expect a top 10 D, maybe in a couple yrs
          Last edited by BlueOrange7; 05-16-2011, 11:56 AM.

Comment

yes its starting to look promissing but its to early to tell what i like is that we got younger and faster so hopefully there will be no more of these collapse we are so used to see now at the end of the season
            sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
              yes its starting to look promissing but its to early to tell what i like is that we got younger and faster so hopefully there will be no more of these collapse we are so used to see now at the end of the season
              If there is football this year, we will see what looks look a collapse, but that is to be expected. The first 6 games, we will look better because other teams won't know what to expect. After about 6 games there will be plenty of tape on us and other teams will make adjustments. If the D can gel then we should start leveling out in the last 4 or 5 games.
              sigpic

Comment

It is absolutely an improvement from the past 5 seasons, and for the first time in a long, long time I am actually excited about the Broncos' D. I am not expecting a top 10 defense right away, there are growing pains for rookies, and unless EFX goes wild in FA, there is still a gaping hole in the middle of our D. That being said, this draft added a desperately needed influx of youth and TALENT. With Allen and Fox running the D, I have complete faith they will get the very best from our young talent in the future. (Including Miller). So here's to going in the right direction
                Cannot wait for the ultimate pass rush tandem that is VonDoom! (Cue cheesy 1920's Dracula music)

Comment

I am very positive about our D. But remember that while the draftees sound good on paper, it is rather rare to see more han 2 mayyybe 3 of the pan out. That is just part of the crapshoot. I do expect EFX to bring in one massive FA signing. We have the need and we have the cap space, but it may not be a DT as everyone expects. I think it depnds on who we can get.

If I was reggie bush - i would want to share the load with Moreno in a run heavy system. He would be an awesome addition. Is it a Tebow run? Will Bush split to a WR position? Will Moreno get it up the middle? Will we go deep to Lloyd? Keep guessing...
                  sigpic

Comment

Ill take fannin over bush all day at 5 percent of the price. He's fast, big, and just as beastly a reciever

Comment

The best defense is a good offense and vise versa. If you can get an offense that scores every time it touches the ball, then the defense won't have to do much. Likewise if our D can stop the other offense every time they touch the ball, then our O won't have to do much. Lately we just been awful on both ends, our O could not score and our D could not stop anyone. Nowhere to go but up!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by themadfanatic View Post
                        Ill take fannin over bush all day at 5 percent of the price. He's fast, big, and just as beastly a reciever
                        That must be why Fannin wasnt drafted then...
                        sigpic

Comment

Idk, it would be ignorant of me to say one way or the other. After years of neglect, one would have to see the past draft as a step in the right direction.

DL or bust people think we have neglected the line. I think that's true but, compared to every position on D it was one of the less neglected positions. Bust or not (Dumervil, Moss, Thomas, Ayers, Crowder, all DL) When's the last time we drafted a LB? We pretty much took care of that position ( we got the best LB in the draft, best LB to come out of the draft in a long time too). We have drafted Ss but, they were 2nd, 3rd or 4th tier Ss. This year we snatched (arguably the 2 best S in the draft).

Do I think our D is coming together and looking promising? I have no idea! We seem to be going in the right direction and only time holds the answers.

We must be an attacking, aggresive D and not a passive, bend but don't break D. Blitz baby Blitz, run and pass blitz.
                          I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

I like to see what we get in FA first before I start judging, this team needs DTs badly.

Greenbay won the superbowl last year with a weaker run defense and a dominant pass defense. The problem is that in our division, we need a stronger run defense when we have two of best rushing teams in the NFL. My feeling is before FA we definitely upgraded along the lines of pass defense. I hope we can get two solid run stuffing DTs and make this more of a complete team. If not its probably another year before I can say we have really made a step forward as a complete defense.
                            sigpic

Comment

How are we "coming together" if they can't even participate??

Useless thread....
                              "Dwight Howard On The Post Dog!!"

Comment

Denver has been the best 3 quarter defense for awile.Its time we get a team that can play great defense 4 quarters every game.I think we can close the gap if we have a healthy season.
                                Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 05-16-2011, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X