Broncos Could Be One Of The Most Exciting Teams....This Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Could Be One Of The Most Exciting Teams....This Year

If we skip the concept of wins and losses for a moment, which is hard to do, given it's what sports is all about....when I think about it, The Broncos may become one of the most exciting teams in the NFL, this year! It may take a few games, as we must include some "confusion" time, to get everyone on board after the CBA gets done (it will), and a period of getting to know and understand what the new coaching staff is all about.

But think of it....

- If Tebow is the starter, and I say he should be, this guy will create excitement almost every time he steps on the field. He'll be pumped and aggressive and may even surprise with his arm.
    - With an oline that will be more intact this year, and with some added nastiness, expect a run game that will be improved, maybe vastly....and Knowshon may hit his stride this year, which is exciting to me, because the guy is like Tim.....they go for it!!
    - We already have a good receiver corps, and I expect all kinds of weapons out there, not to mention, we can go long......love to see a healthy DT, but patience is a virtue.
    - IF folks don't get a little stoked just thinking about Doom and Miller on passing downs....hmmmmmmmm....maybe this thread isn't for you.
    - And IF folks don't think that the pressure coming from D & M won't cause all kinds of sacks and turnovers and fumbles.....cause they will.....which will provide our support cast added confidence in the art of "game-changing". We have added turnover type players to our lineup, and we already have some. Don't be surprised if Champ doesn't have his best pic year in a long while.
    - I can't help but get excited thinking about Ayers this year......proving that he can be a top quality player, given the speed and agility around him.
    - I also believe Allen will introduce more possibilities, in terms of aggressively going after the ball.....it's often a mindset. And if the young LBs, Safeties, and other D players we acquire learn that on day one, they will be ball hawkers for life. But I'm not saying we don't have a lot of that already on this team. We have talent, and just need the system, the opportunity and the confidence to step up our game. There are a quite a few players in that zone......McBath, Thompson, Cox (if he is innocent), to name a few.
    - I'm still pumped about Free Agency and Trades.....I have a feeling we will add a couple of guys who will make this team better. I sense we have the approval at the higher levels to "get it done".
    - I believe Elway's presence will restore that Bronco pride that's been shaky for a long time. Being around those rings will not hurt the psyche of our gang. They will use it to their advantage, in their quest to get one of their own....

No matter how I look at it, if Tim starts, and we remain relatively healthy (which is a basic hope of any team) we certainly can make football a fun and exciting game. I expect the 2011 Broncos to be every bit capable of that!

....and yes.....the wins will follow.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and share your perspective on what could...SHOULD be this year. I'm more excited for Bronco football than I have been in a long time and while we are just guessing at this point based on 'paper' I can see our team - sertainly our defense being much improved this year.

+1, and here's to a new beginning

Comment

I predict and will accept nothing less than 16-0!

Ok so that may be unrealistic but I really am excited to see the product we put on the field this year.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

I love your enthusiasm...
        I can only hope that this latest court loss for the stupid players
        will cause them to make a deal with the greedy owners...
        so that the little kids (billionaires and millionaires)
        quit playing the game of bickering
        and get back to playing the game of football.

I HOPE there is actually a season this year...
        I am prepared for the reality that the owners actually might
        CANCEL the entire season.

More than a few of them are very prepared to do so...
        guys like Jerry Jones.

Acckk.
        - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Doom and Miller, Doom and Miller

Doom and Miller

and that's not counting all the other studs in this lineup!!

Comment

Great post! Very excited to see the new product of mile high this season.

Comment

I'm not even going to get started on this thread

you people amaze me

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                Doom and Miller, Doom and Miller

Doom and Miller

and that's not counting all the other studs in this lineup!!
                Opposing QB's will fear third down

Comment

Originally posted by BlueOrange7 View Post
                  Good, at least one thread is safe
                  sigpic

Comment

you people amaze me
                    Thank you for the highest of compliments!!!!

You made my day.....

Comment

you people amaze me
                      Then don't bother posting!

As for Can, I too love the enthusiasm. I get blasted too for showing such enthusiasm. To be honest there is no reason to be excited for the coming season. This is a completely different ball club now, and the onlything that can stand in our way is fans like BlueOrange. We need homefield advantage back. And without die hard, bloody throat screaming fanatics in the stands there is no Mile High Magic. Lets help make this team great again fellas.

Comment

I'm excited about all the new coaches, philosophies, players, and overall direction of the team.

I know we will be behind the eight-ball a little if this lockout is going to continue as expected, but once all the pieces are in place this team should be exciting to watch.

I wish it were September, already!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                          Then don't bother posting!

As for Can, I too love the enthusiasm. I get blasted too for showing such enthusiasm. To be honest there is no reason to be excited for the coming season. This is a completely different ball club now, and the onlything that can stand in our way is fans like BlueOrange. We need homefield advantage back. And without die hard, bloody throat screaming fanatics in the stands there is no Mile High Magic. Lets help make this team great again fellas.
                          The good news......I'm sure those who go to the games are enthusiastic, and love our team, win or lose.

If I were a downer type, I'd save the money (and not go to the games), while not influencing an otherwise GREAT thing.....

Comment

you people amaze me
                            Don't think anyone is predicting a superbowl - they are, on the other hand, stating they are excited to see the changes in our talent, strategy and dynamic - appreciate you 'permitting' folks to express their excitment for some Broncos football.

Comment

exciting for this Broncos fan

Before we get too carried away, one might consider a few weak features the Broncos have remaining. Some issues with the defensive line garnishes attention from the Broncos staff. Other than that I would consider them to be complete, but what the heck do I know. I thought they would win more games a year ago. Another issue I can for-see for 2011 is the lack of speed at the running back position. Teams are looking for speedsters to compliment their starting backs, unless your have Chris Johnson, who can fill both shoes himself. Deciding who was the better pick between Darius and Miller is kind of like splitting atoms. I do know that NFL teams are making more decisions about players using a more extensive psychological examination, and personality profiles that best fits the profile of their immediate and respective teams. To simplify; teams are looking for players that will get along with veterans already establishing themselves amongst the team and community. The decision to take Miller over Peterson and/or Darius could be an example of this. It's better to get players that fit the system in the draft, and look for veterans to fill holes that where not filled via draft, through free-agency. The Broncos need to do well in free-agency in 2011 for them to be considered one of the most exciting teams to watch in the NFL this coming season.

Comment

Working...
                              X