We May Only Be About 2-3 Players From Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We May Only Be About 2-3 Players From Playoffs

I'll be brief for a change. If we can add a seasoned DT, speed RB and possibly one Dback to the squad in Free Agency/Trades, I believe we can sneak into the playoffs.

I see a decent O with Tebow taking over the leadership job, a more intact and experienced oline to make life easier for all involved, a strong receiver corps, and a solid run game, with Moreno and a speed back to throw off defences.

On D, if we can add a Cofield type to our dline, make sure we keep Thomas and Bannan, and bolster our dbackfield with a proven defender (you need dbacks -Champ needs support, and Cox may not be there), I feel confident that we can play good, strategic, aggressive ball.......led by Allen.

Seriously, we would have talent at every spot, and one never knows how this group will be impacted by the addition of our new leadership regime. Fox and Elway can breed so much confidence into our roster, some of whom are just waiting for a chance to get out there, and do their thing. We needed a culture change here, and I believe we got it!

I use those last three games of the season to offer signs that this team can play decent ball, even with a rookie QB at the time, and even after most people had written us off....completely. Almost two wins for Tim and the gang.....and comebacks were possible again......

I tend to agree... I'm still worried about the o-line, it was a total disgrace last year. Also, we do need a bigger power runner that can take it up the middle.

Comment

ehhh maybe 1-2 years away from the playoffs, I have a feeling that FEX want to build more through the draft than free agency but they will bring in players to help through free agency.

EDIT: Im very much an optimist but I think 7-9 8-8 will be a great year for us.
      Last edited by nic.zeman24; 05-17-2011, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Love the optimism!

Too many "ifs" though. We are only 2-3 more players away "if" our entire draft class pans out. And if they do, we are still weak along the DL.

Still, gotta love the optimism!
        sigpic

Comment

We got the potential I hope everything comes together!!
          sigpic

Comment

Dude, the AFC West Division is so weak. I'd say we're in the mix for the playoffs this year, PROVIDED we give Tebow the keys to the kingdom. If we were in the AFC North or East, I'd say 2-3 years off from playoffs, but in our division all bets are off.

Comment

Honestly I love how people forget that the Dolphins went from 1-15 to 11-5 between 2007 and 2008. I'm not saying such a dramatic change will happen here. But honestly anything can happen. And Can is absolutely correct. We have talent in every spot. This new regime is no longer a "Make me look good out there" club... The new regimes, schemes, and styles will definately have a positive effect. And really if we can score Mebane or Cofield (or both) and stuff them in the middle, we will instantly have a top 5 defense. And I truly feel Syd'Quan will be an excellent corner. I think he is by far overlooked and will do nicely. Our team is looking up, and again I agree with Can.. we are just a few steps short of playoffs.. Its whether or not we drop the balls to take these steps is what is in question..

We have money to spend boys.. Lets go throw it at the best beef we can buy and win some ball games.

Comment

watch out for a "realist" spotting......

Comment

I agree. We're not too far away. I think we do need more on the O-line however. I think we're still a couple of seasons away.

But, if everything goes perfectly, you might be onto something here. But I think expecting everything to go perfectly is asking a bit much. But I love where your head's at! :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
                    Love the optimism!

Too many "ifs" though. We are only 2-3 more players away "if" our entire draft class pans out. And if they do, we are still weak along the DL.

Still, gotta love the optimism!
                    Alot of ifs is right. Significant improvements in the run game and D-line along with keeping everyone healthy are keys to the playoffs IMO. All do-able. I will say this, I am more optimistic now than I have been in a long time. Now if we could just get that CBA thing to stop raining on our parade!
                    "I've gone great lengths to expand my threshold of pain" - HR

Comment

I think we already have the players to make a playoff run.

It might be like the early 2000's. I see a 10-6 record where we look dominant some games and get blown out in a few.

IMO we are 2-3 players away from consistency, or an identity.

Comment

We have the potential to do it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Anything is possible when it comes to the NFL, and I like our squad a lot. I would be surprised, but not shocked. I just hope there is football, because I am excited about this year.
                          2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

My typical train of thought about this teams future has been a very positive one, even right after the season ended. The reason for that is I've asked myself numerous times... What exactly changed from 6-0, to 4-12? The only things I can think of that weren't replaced by something better or just as good, were Dumervil, Nolan, and Scheffler.

Dumervil is back this year. Nolan, chances are he'll never be back in Denver, but we've got a promising young D Coordinator and a Defensively minded coach. Scheffler... Well we drafted two tight ends, who if they develop the way we want, could be even better.

A lot of people seem to forget why we kept McCoy around too... Our offense will more or less be the same system. I feel he'll do a better job of utilizing the tight end, and even the run game.

I won't put an win/loss expectation down on paper, because I don't write on paper anymore... I fully expect 9 wins this season, and potentially a playoff berth. to my fellow optimists.
                            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                            Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

I agree we just need coefield, fannin,tatum or devine, and I'd get darrin walls but I think we can win it all whether we get walls or not

Comment

Working...
                              X