We May Only Be About 2-3 Players From Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmokeBassett View Post
    I think we're about 2-3 defensive tackles, a physical cornerback, a guard, a tackle, two durable backs, and some top-flight coaches from the playoffs.

I'm watching all of Carolina's games right now on NFL Rewind (at NFL.com, so I can mention it). Carolina's biggest problem is their playcalling. They're getting routed virtually every game, and not by the NFL's best, either. Emotionally, I'm hoping Fox turns out fine, but if I had to make an intellectual prediction, I'd say we'll be looking for a new coach two or three seasons from now. Either that, or we're deliberately tanking next season so the F.O. can satisfy its man-crush on Andrew Luck.
    Fox is not calling plays so carolinas playcalling is irrelevant

Comment

Originally posted by nic.zeman24 View Post
      Guard: Kuper, Beadles]
      Tackle: Clady Franklin
      DT: well we have to see what happens in free agency
      Kuper is undersized and has been part of a line that has failed woefully at power blocking for the last four years. He belongs in a zone-blocking scheme. He cannot move the line of scrimmage.

Franklin is an untested player for the NFL, played on a mediocre team, and is not known as a skillful pass blocker. He will be protecting Tebow's blind side. He is a step down from Harris when it comes to pass blocking, and at best only slightly better than Harris at run blocking.

Comment

Kuper is undersized and has been part of a line that has failed woefully at power blocking for the last four years. He belongs in a zone-blocking scheme. He cannot move the line of scrimmage.

Franklin is an untested player for the NFL, played on a mediocre team, and is not known as a skillful pass blocker. He will be protecting Tebow's blind side. He is a step down from Harris when it comes to pass blocking, and at best only slightly better than Harris at run blocking.
        I believe we will be moving back to zbs so Kuper will do a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by themadfanatic View Post
          Fox is not calling plays so carolinas playcalling is irrelevant
          Fox is responsible for the overall approach of the offense and defense. Carolina's defense is mildly impressive but not good enough to shut down opposing offenses. More importantly, they are on the field for an eternity every game, thanks to their feckless offense. People railed on McDaniels about the offense. They might be getting worse with Fox and co.

Comment

He's gonna let mccoy and allen call plays and I'm not worried at all I expect more of the same on offence with a few more bootlegs and zone blocking. We will be fine

Comment

the dude hasn't even stepped on the field yet and is a step down from Harris? EFX feels differently or they wouldn't of drafted the kid. Let's just wait and see...
              sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
                Can we please discuss this without making it yet another Ortin/Tebow thread???????

Too late...
                I didnt start it!

Comment

Working...
                X