Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Klis: Decker has a Good Chance at being a Starter this Year

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Klis: Decker has a Good Chance at being a Starter this Year

    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18076951
    "I think it's important," said Eric Decker, a second-year Broncos wide receiver who has a good chance of being a starter this season. "You saw a lot of young guys there. Guys who want to do what it takes but aren't quite sure what that is. To have a leader like him get the young guys together and have the camaraderie and understanding of the work ethic it takes in the offseason, it means a lot."
    I know it's just speculation, but I tend to agree with him on this. Gaffney no longer has the leg up of being more experienced in the offense, and I think Decker could really push him for the starting job opposite Brandon Lloyd during training camp. Throw in the uncertainty surrounding Royal's hip and the fact that Demaryius may not even play at all this season, and I think we're going to be seeing a lot of Deck in 2011. I for one couldn't be happier. He's a big, tall target for Tebow, and probably has the best hands on the team. I love the way he's embraced wearing Eddie Mac's old number, and he seems like a genuine, all around great guy. Here's to a coming out party in 2011 for Eric Decker.
    sigpic

    Check out my NFL Draft website!

  • #2
    I agree.Decker is a player i like to watch he doesn't shy away from contact while going across the middle.I grew to like this draft selection,he is becoming a favorite of mine like Eddie Mac was.
    Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 05-17-2011, 09:05 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      I think no doubt he is a huge chance to start. He looked very good in his limited time last year. He made a few very tough catches. However early on in the season our WR situation with Royal and DT sidelined I think the starters will be:

      Lloyd-----Gaffney-----Decker

      However with Virgil Green he will provide that receiving threat and may take time away from one of the receivers. This offense will not be like last year where we have so many receiving threats on the field.

      I really like our receivng core though. I love Willis and Brit Davis as depth and good role players on the teams and with DT more than likely not playing this year or when he is healthy not having much impact I like this core heading into the future either way. With Royal and Decker and Lloyd and Gaffney we have a good mix of Vets and young talent.

      I can see Decker starting all year long ahead of Gaffney and Royal though

      Comment


      • #4
        I can see Lloyd as the #1, deep threat WR, and Decker as the #2 possession WR. Gaffney could be an interesting option as the slot receiver. He is not fast, but has good hands and veteran awareness to get open, similar to Brandon Stokley. A reliable target on 3rd down. But I have no problem with Gaffney as the #2 WR, Decker will have to take the spot.

        EDIT: And I hope we keep Britt Davis, this kid has potential.

        Last edited by -Rod-; 05-17-2011, 09:22 PM.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          I love Decker and hope they decide to start him. I remember seeing him on the board when we were picking last year and being bummed that we wouldn't take him cause we'd already taken DT in the first round. Needless to say, I was pumped when the Broncos shocked me by taking him.

          Comment


          • #6
            Yeah I'm a britt fan too

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
              I can see Lloyd as the #1, deep threat WR, and Decker as the #2 possession WR. Gaffney could be an interesting option as the slot receiver. He is not fast, but has good hands and veteran awareness to get open, similar to Brandon Stokley. A reliable target on 3rd down. But I have no problem with Gaffney as the #2 WR, Decker will have to take the spot.
              Agree. Decker and/or Gaffney can play both spots. Like Mathew Willis

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                Agree. Decker and/or Gaffney can play both spots. Like Mathew Willis
                I believe Willis could surprise a lot of people if healthy and givin the opportunity
                .Im really high on Decker and Willis next season being great WRs.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                  I believe Willis could surprise a lot of people if healthy and givin the opportunity
                  .Im really high on Decker and Willis next season being great WRs.
                  Me too. And Davis

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I love Eric Decker. I follow the guy on twitter and he's replied to my tweets several times, seems like a really nice dude, and looked good out there during the end of the season when he got playing time.
                    sigpic


                    @BlueNOrangeFTW

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I see him starting. He is smart, and might be a great go to for TT on the run.

                      He is healthy. We have not seen the healthy Eric yet.
                      Waiting to hear from adoption agency

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DaChAmPiShErE24 View Post
                        http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18076951


                        I know it's just speculation, but I tend to agree with him on this. Gaffney no longer has the leg up of being more experienced in the offense, and I think Decker could really push him for the starting job opposite Brandon Lloyd during training camp. Throw in the uncertainty surrounding Royal's hip and the fact that Demaryius may not even play at all this season, and I think we're going to be seeing a lot of Deck in 2011. I for one couldn't be happier. He's a big, tall target for Tebow, and probably has the best hands on the team. I love the way he's embraced wearing Eddie Mac's old number, and he seems like a genuine, all around great guy. Here's to a coming out party in 2011 for Eric Decker.
                        I agree. The stars have aligned well for him. I hope he can make the most of his opportunity.

                        That is a lot of what football is about. Backups getting their shot, and making the most of it. Sometimes that guy just comes up from the bench, claims that starting job and refuses to let go. Football lore is full of such players, even many past stars on the Broncos pulled that off.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                          I think no doubt he is a huge chance to start. He looked very good in his limited time last year. He made a few very tough catches. However early on in the season our WR situation with Royal and DT sidelined I think the starters will be:

                          Lloyd-----Gaffney-----Decker

                          However with Virgil Green he will provide that receiving threat and may take time away from one of the receivers. This offense will not be like last year where we have so many receiving threats on the field.

                          I really like our receivng core though. I love Willis and Brit Davis as depth and good role players on the teams and with DT more than likely not playing this year or when he is healthy not having much impact I like this core heading into the future either way. With Royal and Decker and Lloyd and Gaffney we have a good mix of Vets and young talent.

                          I can see Decker starting all year long ahead of Gaffney and Royal though
                          Personally I think Gaff is in for a hard camp. He is going to be really pushed hard, and given the young talent among the WR's in general, he may be the odd man out.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Decker has two things I love in any receiver...great hands and toughness. He made some good plays last year. Good KR (which I totally disagree with) and some greats catches from TT and KO. I am very confident he is a diamond in the rough and will make us all proud that we drafted him. :thumb:

                            One other thing important that gets overlooked from players is do they play with alot of confidence or not and he has a ton of it.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I for one am a huge Decker fan. I was sporting a pretty sick Decker sig not too long ago. If he has a good year I'll pull it back out. And to be honest I hope every position on this team is up for grabs. May the best man win them all. I hope Syd'Quan also gets a legit chance at a position too. I loved his play last year. As well as Deckers. Honestly if the WR lineup was

                              Lloyd, Decker, Royal, Gaffney.

                              I'd be a happy fella!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X