Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

interview with Offensive Coordinator Mike McCoy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • interview with Offensive Coordinator Mike McCoy

    found this on Facebook...what do you think...like it

    https://www.facebook.com/video/video...26317&comments
    BRONCO FAN FOR LIFE

  • #2
    Thanks for the link!

    Nothing too exciting. What I found kind of interesting and maybe a little surprised by was when he said that the offense would be the same for all QB's. He did say that they each have there strengths, but it sounded as though the offense isn't really being tailored fit the QB's strengths.

    I really think they need to choose a guy to be "the man" and make the offense his. Tailor it to him. Maybe whoever wins the QB battle this year will get that done for him next year.
    Show your joy

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Grabber View Post
      Thanks for the link!

      Nothing too exciting. What I found kind of interesting and maybe a little surprised by was when he said that the offense would be the same for all QB's. He did say that they each have there strengths, but it sounded as though the offense isn't really being tailored fit the QB's strengths.

      I really think they need to choose a guy to be "the man" and make the offense his. Tailor it to him. Maybe whoever wins the QB battle this year will get that done for him next year.
      Maybe they have tailored it for who they have in mind. Maybe they will have this "competition" based on the offense they WANT to run, without making allowances for anybody's weaknesses.

      Comment


      • #4
        I wasn't hot on some of that playcalling last year... A double-reverse against SD for a loss of 18 yards? OY!!!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
          Maybe they have tailored it for who they have in mind. Maybe they will have this "competition" based on the offense they WANT to run, without making allowances for anybody's weaknesses.
          I really like your line of thinking and hope you are right!!
          Show your joy

          Comment


          • #6
            McCoy seems to debunk the common perception that Fox only wants a veteran quarterback and therefore would prefer Orton over Tebow.

            I like what he had to say. It's important that it not matter who the quarterback is. Whoever goes in has to be able to run the offense. It can't have to change drastically just because one guy is in there instead of another.
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Grabber View Post
              Thanks for the link!

              Nothing too exciting. What I found kind of interesting and maybe a little surprised by was when he said that the offense would be the same for all QB's. He did say that they each have there strengths, but it sounded as though the offense isn't really being tailored fit the QB's strengths.

              I really think they need to choose a guy to be "the man" and make the offense his. Tailor it to him. Maybe whoever wins the QB battle this year will get that done for him next year.
              This is Fox Ball, no gimmicks, every down can be a running down. Ball control and balance attacking. I believe he is about half and half on calling run vs pass plays.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Maybe Mike McCoy is not the perfect OC for Tebow, but he is the perfect OC for John Fox. Both coaches spent a lot of time together with the Panthers. McCoy knows exactly what kind of offense Fox wants.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                  McCoy seems to debunk the common perception that Fox only wants a veteran quarterback and therefore would prefer Orton over Tebow.

                  I like what he had to say. It's important that it not matter who the quarterback is. Whoever goes in has to be able to run the offense. It can't have to change drastically just because one guy is in there instead of another.
                  He seemed to be stressing reads, progressions and checkdowns. Areas that Tebow needs a lot of work in...
                  "That's a crap question."
                  - Kyle Orton

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
                    He seemed to be stressing reads, progressions and checkdowns. Areas that Tebow needs a lot of work in...
                    Like any coordinator, he will also stress 3rd down conversions, red zone efficiency and wins. Areas that Orton needs a lot of work in...
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                      Like any coordinator, he will also stress 3rd down conversions, red zone efficiency and wins. Areas that Orton needs a lot of work in...


                      LOL :orton: that made me chuckle.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                        Like any coordinator, he will also stress 3rd down conversions, red zone efficiency and wins. Areas that Orton needs a lot of work in...
                        Whats your point. As does Tebow

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Let us ...

                          ... not overanalyze ad nauseum et ad infinitum.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Grabber View Post
                            Thanks for the link!

                            Nothing too exciting. What I found kind of interesting and maybe a little surprised by was when he said that the offense would be the same for all QB's. He did say that they each have there strengths, but it sounded as though the offense isn't really being tailored fit the QB's strengths.

                            I really think they need to choose a guy to be "the man" and make the offense his. Tailor it to him. Maybe whoever wins the QB battle this year will get that done for him next year.
                            It was a one minute clip. Sounded like his real point was that football teams are the QB's teams. And that they will gameplan player's strengths but they all need to know the base offense before they can really compete for their jobs. Once they all know the base offense, the coaches can correctly evaluate who is the starter because they will all be 'doing the same things' -or supposed to be doing the same things
                            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                              It was a one minute clip. Sounded like his real point was that football teams are the QB's teams. And that they will gameplan player's strengths but they all need to know the base offense before they can really compete for their jobs. Once they all know the base offense, the coaches can correctly evaluate who is the starter because they will all be 'doing the same things' -or supposed to be doing the same things
                              The rest of the interview is going up on Broncos TV tomorrow.
                              “4th quarter comebacks means a guy screwed up in the first three quarters.” ~Peyton

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X