Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be the first casulty of a regime change.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Of course not because he has been relegated to FB in an offense that rarely used the I formation.

    At least under Shanahan he played both ways which puts him in the same conversation with HOF Chuck Bednarik.

    If Joe Mays is being considered at Mike in a 4-3, so should Larsen.
    I agree totally. Hell, when we traded for Mays, I thought there was a 50/50 chance that he'll play FB. Actually I love the idea of Mays being a punishing FB.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by JayJack View Post
      I agree totally. Hell, when we traded for Mays, I thought there was a 50/50 chance that he'll play FB. Actually I love the idea of Mays being a punishing FB.
      I had not thought of that. Interesting.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

      Comment


      • #78
        remember when larson played both sides of the ball?

        our run defense improved which was horrible at the time we should give him a shot!

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by bronco4life88 View Post
          remember when larson played both sides of the ball?

          our run defense improved which was horrible at the time we should give him a shot!
          Spencer Larsen is a very good 4-3 Mike. However, when McDaniels came and switched to the 3-4/50 D, Larsen was limited to FB. I have a feeling he is a much better Backer than FB.

          Question is, who plays FB if Larsen beats out Mays and Irving to start? JayJack suggested Mays at FB which is an interesting idea. An UDFA or FA FB would probably be needed if Larsen went back to being a Backer.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

          Comment


          • #80
            another reason i believe dj/mays is getting traded is he fact that we just drafted 3 lbs total.

            2 mlb and a slb. miller is clearly going to start.

            Comment


            • #81
              I think JayJack may be onto something. He's a hard hitter & it'd save us $ on a FA FB
              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

              Comment


              • #82
                The sole reason I chose DJ Williams is based on his lack of a loud voice (leads by example without much intensity). I do not think that it matters who takes his place, as we already know what we get out of him. I would rather cut the salary myself, and hope that someone pans out a little better. I love him as a person and player, but have not seen the progression I was hoping to see in the way he handles himself on the field (Your a beast, so play like one!). I just wish I heard opponents talk about fearing DJ, but they just don't, so to me, he may be next. He may lead the team in tackles yearly, but the tackles are irrelevant when the yardage has already been made by the opponent. WW is not much worse in pass coverage, both of them get burned over the middle a ton. If he attacks like Ray Lewis this year, by all means I want him here, but if not, someone else deserves a shot.
                2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

                Comment


                • #83
                  DJ's very consistent and it's nice to have a luxury like WW as a backup, so I woul never trade DJ, as of yet. What do you think would happen if we traded DJ, made WW the starter, and then he got hurt? What would you do then?
                  "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
                    The sole reason I chose DJ Williams is based on his lack of a loud voice (leads by example without much intensity). I do not think that it matters who takes his place, as we already know what we get out of him. I would rather cut the salary myself, and hope that someone pans out a little better. I love him as a person and player, but have not seen the progression I was hoping to see in the way he handles himself on the field (Your a beast, so play like one!). I just wish I heard opponents talk about fearing DJ, but they just don't, so to me, he may be next. He may lead the team in tackles yearly, but the tackles are irrelevant when the yardage has already been made by the opponent. WW is not much worse in pass coverage, both of them get burned over the middle a ton. If he attacks like Ray Lewis this year, by all means I want him here, but if not, someone else deserves a shot.
                    cut salary? why...ove the past couple of years the broncos has been on the cheap....least year the team had among the lowest payrolls in the league.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Nate Jones, Ronaldo Hill and Jason Hunter on defense side. I see Daniel Coats and sorry to say it but Buckhalter on offense side.

                      Coats did nothing, Buckhalter is injury prone. Jones and Hill are getting old and we have 4 young safeties and 2 rookies. Jason Hunter is just one is a long list of LB we have.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X