The Colquitt brothers on with Vic discussing MCspygate and the handshake diss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    No it won't. He'll be back as a head coach shortly, and he'll have massive success, mark my words.
    I think you're right. There was word that the Niners were going to offer him a head coaching gig. You know the team that was video taped. Perhaps they were jealous that they didn't think of it first and now they want him.
    sigpic
    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

The Raiders cheated when they beat us really bad last year.
      That's what I'd tell people too if I was the HC....
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
        The Raiders cheated when they beat us really bad last year.
        That's what I'd tell people too if I was the HC....
        Yeah... Umm the refs made us all play with invisible blind folds.
        sigpic
        2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

That didn't sound like he'd heard anything at all about the handshake/gate. Felt like he was making it up as he went. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason, but he sure didn't sound like he had any good info on it.
          “4th quarter comebacks means a guy screwed up in the first three quarters.” ~Peyton

Comment

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiret..._was_cheating/

Comment

Chiefs punter says Todd Haley thinks Josh McDaniels was cheating
              Posted by Mike Florio on July 13, 2011, 5:38 PM EDT
              Kansas City Chiefs v Denver Broncos Getty Images

Last season, after the Broncos beat the Chiefs for one of Denver’s rare wins since starting the 2009 season 6-0, Kansas City coach Todd Haley’s post-game handshake with former Broncos coach Josh McDaniels was replaced with a pointed index finger.

Chiefs punter Dustin Colquitt, appearing on the Vic & Gary show on 102.3 the Fan in Denver, offered an eye-opening explanation for the maneuver.

Haley, per Colquitt, thought McDaniels was cheating.

“I don’t know if I can answer that within the locker room, but I know that it has something to do with the Spygate, the videotaping,” Colquitt said. “All the stuff like that. And I think that Haley was like, ‘Listen, based on that game I can tell what you are doing, and you are cheating.’ . . .

“I think it was just a culmination of rumors and [McDaniels] had been involved in that in New England possibly before, and so Todd was just kind of saying, ‘Look, with the game plan we had and what you guys already knew we were gonna do, this is’ . . . basically saying it was ‘bush, bush league.’”

Comment

The sad thing in this rant is that McDaniels actions were examined by the NFL, and he was acquitted of instigating the taping, and of using the tape.

He was found not guilty!

Not a disclaimer that there was not enough evidence to prosecute. Josh McDaniels was fined and criticized for not reporting the incidence.

We humiliated the Chiefs and that hurt - that is all. Josh McDaniels made his share of errors as a head coach, but he took over a team that was much different than what he was aiming for. Made an amazing transformation of the defence in the first year but player injuries totally undermined the first half of last season.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
                  The sad thing in this rant is that McDaniels actions were examined by the NFL, and he was acquitted of instigating the taping, and of using the tape.

He was found not guilty!

Not a disclaimer that there was not enough evidence to prosecute. Josh McDaniels was fined and criticized for not reporting the incidence.

We humiliated the Chiefs and that hurt - that is all. Josh McDaniels made his share of errors as a head coach, but he took over a team that was much different than what he was aiming for. Made an amazing transformation of the defence in the first year but player injuries totally undermined the first half of last season.
                  Why do people continue to stick up for this guy he ran our team into the ground.

Comment

According to Britton, we have the better brother

This is an old article from the first Denver and KC meeting. As of today, Britton is ranked #1 and Dustin is rank #8 in Kicking yards. I thought it was a decent article.

Colquitt brothers square off
                    The Broncos' game Sunday against the rival Chiefs at Invesco will be a family affair, pitting punter against punter.
                    Posted: 11/10/2010 01:00:00 AM MSTBy Mike Klis
                    The Denver Post

The game Sunday between the Broncos and the Kansas City Chiefs​ will be important to the coaches and players, to the communities involved, to the AFC West race.

This one game cannot mean anything more to one person, though, than it will Craig Colquitt​.

Call him the father of punting. For the first time, Craig's sons Britton and Dustin Colquitt will punt against each other.

Britton is the Broncos' rookie punter. Dustin is in his sixth season punting for the Chiefs.

"It's something we've talked about since my brother got in the NFL," Britton Colquitt​ said. "Now it's here. It's my dad's dream come true."

By Colquitt family standards, Britton, at 25, needed a little more time to develop. By the same age, Craig Colquitt had two Super Bowl rings after punting two seasons for the Pittsburgh Steelers​.

To hear Britton talk, though, Dustin has the more interesting story. Dustin is a right-hander who, through sheer will, made himself into a left-footed punter.

"The drop is everything in punting, and he didn't really know what to do," Britton said. "So he had to get ambidextrous fast. So he started brushing his teeth left-handed, dribbling a basketball left-handed, doing all kinds of things to be as ambidextrous as possible so he could drop left-handed."

Dustin ranked in the top 10 in net punting yardage in each of the last four seasons.

"I think it ended up being a strength for him because he's had to put so much focus on it," Britton said. "His left hand, it's only job is making the drop. And it's made him really consistent."

Mike Priefer was Dustin's special- teams coach in Kansas City from 2006-08 and is Britton's special-teams coach with the Broncos now.

His favorite Colquitt?

"Mrs. Colquitt," Priefer said. "She made two great punters."

The Colquitts — mom, dad and their two sons who were raised in Knoxville, Tenn., and punted for their hometown Tennessee Volunteers​ — will gather for an early dinner Saturday in Denver.

Come Sunday, punters, kickers and long-snappers all warm up well before the rest of the team so the Colquitts can catch up again on the field.

If all goes well for Britton Colquitt during the game, he will average about 52.0 yards a punt with a 50.0 yard net. And his brother Dustin will average 52.0 yards a punt with Eddie Royal​'s returns leaving him with a 20.0-yard average net.

"Ideally, we both kick the ball well," Britton Colquitt said, "But my situational punting helps our team more than his situational punting helps his."

Comment

All that cheating and we still lost games! Cmon!

Comment

Originally posted by soloking View Post
                        Why do people continue to stick up for this guy he ran our team into the ground.
                        . . . and was an ass to his players and coaches while destroying a good offense, not improving the defense, and he wasted first and second round draft pick after pick.

Comment

Originally posted by msusc View Post
                          I seriously dislike mcd, but I seriously doubt mcspygate had anything to do with the handshake. Haley is just trying to cover his back with hindsite. I think he was just pissed off from the lost and later he like: "i knew they were cheating and thats why I didn't shake his hand." Haley is known to be firey and hot headed. He couldn't even hang on to Weis much like mcd couldnt hang on to nolan. Colquitt is just standing up for his coach.
                          I think you are 100% wrong. Haley exacts words to Mcdaniels when he refused to shake his hand was "****s been talking about you" I think it's pretty obvious he was letting him know word was out on him cheating and sure enough he was.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardoso View Post
                            I think you are 100% wrong. Haley exacts words to Mcdaniels when he refused to shake his hand was "****s been talking about you" I think it's pretty obvious he was letting him know word was out on him cheating and sure enough he was.
                            Meh, I could be wrong. I was just trying to say that haley has a history of being a sore loser.

Comment

Shame JMD got caught
                              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Working...
                              X