Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EVEN McDaniels realized Moreno was a bust

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • EVEN McDaniels realized Moreno was a bust

    According to Woody Paige:

    "What I do know — from someone who worked closely with Josh and is someone I trust to tell me the truth — is that after the draft, McDaniels and the staff believed privately they made a big mistake on Moreno. He was not what they thought. He hasn't been tough, smart, motivated, if that's what you're asking. He has been a bust. I've said it before. He's not a great clubhouse guy. Interpret that how you want, and he's been a wimp on the field."


    http://www.denverpost.com/woodysmailbag/ci_18472436



    From Rotoworld:

    According to Denver Post columnist Woody Paige, it didn't take long for Josh McDaniels' coaching staff to determine that Knowshon Moreno was a "bust" and "wimp on the field" after they drafted him.

    Paige, not usually into reporting, cites "someone who worked closely with Josh" and who Paige "trust(s) to tell me the truth." The unnamed person says McDaniels' staff quickly determined that Moreno "was not what they thought," and "is not a great clubhouse guy." Paige reiterates that the John Fox coaching staff will make finding a No. 1 running back a priority in free agency.

    ----------------

    If McDaniels realized Moreno was a bust, then we can assume FOX will do anything possible to sign a RB (or 2).

    I realize there are plenty of threads on FOX looking for a RB, or on Moreno, but I felt this tidbit from Woddy was worth it's own thread topic.
    Last edited by fraguela09; 07-14-2011, 08:44 AM.

  • #2
    The problem with Moreno is (IMO) comming from 2 different direction.

    1-The pick he was taken with was clearly too high (I actually was pissed at McD for taking a RB with the pick when Orakpo was available, but the past is the past....). Being pick this high in the draft put heavy expectations on his shoulder and unforunately he did not deliver up to the expectations (hammy injury in TC, and looking loke a rb who has a great first step but lack the 2nd gear for the long runs)

    2-the blocking scheme of the offense seem not fitted to the skills moreno has...We'll se this year how he does when we revert back to the ZBS if he delivers better results than the other years.


    One thing os for sure, we need other RB either for insurance puposes or for spelling Moreno (if not replacing him at the 1st rb spot)


    Hopefully he does get over this bad period and perform....
    Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

    Adopted Broncos:
    -:Mr. Decker:-

    Comment


    • #3
      Interesting if true.


      But wasnt it woody that reported Mike Shannahan was going to outright release brandon marshall........( which mike later, after being the skins coach said, he never had such an intention to do that)
      So far:
      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

      Comment


      • #4
        As much as I love Woody, he's definitely not the most credible journalist out there. Even if this is true, I still think people are giving up on Knowshon way to quickly. Yes, he is a bust in the sense that he's not the elite Adrian Peterson/Chris Johnson type of running back that you expect when you take a running back that high. However, he's been banged up during both of his first two years, ran behind a very young offensive line, and was a part of a system that didn't really suit his skill set. Moreno is far better suited for a zone blocking system, and is a very good option as a receiver out of the backfield, so I think he's still got a nice career ahead of him, just not a truly special one.
        sigpic

        Check out my NFL Draft website!

        Comment


        • #5
          Is there no one safe from his smear campaign?

          Comment


          • #6
            If I was Fox, I would print this article out and paste it to Moreno's locker the first day of camp and even give him a practice jersey with the name "Wimp" on the back.

            Talk about fuel for the off season. I know that would light a fire under my rump.

            Regardless of the name calling and pre mature labels, I think Moreno is going to have a strong year coming up due to Foxes run first mentality and the possibly of being a 3rd down back.

            Moreno reminds me of a more athletic and slightly slower Tatum Bell. You get a good #1 to carry the load for this team and then have Moreno enter the game as a change of pace back, the combination could and should be deadly to opposing defenses.
            Last edited by rst08tierney; 07-14-2011, 01:59 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              I found it a bit odd, b/c Moreno seemed to have displayed fire-n-heart on the field (at times) last year. But is he really a clubhouse problem?

              I wasn't concerned about the reach for a RB in the draft, but I was upset that we passed on Orakpo when he fell... Then when they showed Moreno with his family, and some LARGE gal started celebrating and I noticed a black thong as her pants slid down too far... I felt a shudder ripple through my soul... Gaaagh!

              I thought Moreno would have been perfect for Cutler and the ZBS. Then that was all taken away, and I felt he wasn't the best fit for Orton and the power blocking. But I did feel RB was a must the moment we dealt Cutler... So, again, I understood the move.

              I also felt that he did nothing above average (other than catching the ball). He had no break-away burst, nor ability to break tackles.

              Still, he's shifty and can make people miss, and can catch the ball... And now that we might actually try to open holes for him and give him a FB... We can only hope.

              I'm not rooting against him... That's for sure. Let's hope he an stay healthy, mature, and be a solid 1A to a DeAngelo Williams!
              Last edited by fraguela09; 07-14-2011, 09:07 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Not buying it for one second.
                Show your joy

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                  .

                  I also felt that he did nothing above average (other than catching the ball). He had no break-away burst, nor ability to break tackles.

                  !


                  Why do people keep saying this? Its sooo far off.



                  Morenos Rookie year he lead in yards after Contact! He had something like 654 yards after the initial hit on him.

                  I do not know how he rated last year as I cant find those stats. But moreno breaks tons and tons of tackles. He also tackles himself tons and tons of times, but if he could ever break his own tackles (tripping over himself).......
                  So far:
                  FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                  1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                    Why do people keep saying this? Its sooo far off.



                    Morenos Rookie year he lead in yards after Contact! He had something like 654 yards after the initial hit on him.

                    I do not know how he rated last year as I cant find those stats. But moreno breaks tons and tons of tackles. He also tackles himself tons and tons of times, but if he could ever break his own tackles (tripping over himself).......
                    You put it more elqoquently that I did... Moreno tackles himself more so than any RB I've ever seen, other than this track kid who played on our high school team my senior season.

                    Maybe it's better to say he lacks balance or coordination?

                    I think he led NFL in broklen tackles b/c most times he touched the ball there were defenders all over him.

                    Still, I have noticed a few forearms that took him down on 3rd and short.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                      You put it more elqoquently that I did... Moreno tackles himself more so than any RB I've ever seen, other than this track kid who played on our high school team my senior season.

                      Maybe it's better to say he lacks balance or coordination?

                      I think he led NFL in broklen tackles b/c most times he touched the ball there were defenders all over him.

                      Still, I have noticed a few forearms that took him down on 3rd and short.
                      he heh- i kinda figured you were going with the whole tackling himself thing.
                      So far:
                      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I think going through a training camp and starting a season healthy will do wonders for Moreno.

                        I'm hoping he can be a good RB, we need it! I'm also hoping we bring in another threat at RB so they can compliment each other *cough*DW*cough*

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                          Interesting if true.


                          But wasnt it woody that reported Mike Shannahan was going to outright release brandon marshall........( which mike later, after being the skins coach said, he never had such an intention to do that)
                          Yeah... I'd take it all with a grain of salt...

                          ALSO... I'd take anything that McDaniels viewed as a 'locker room problem' with a pound of salt, because he didn't get along with anyone, and I'm not sure I trust those that got along with him well.
                          Thanks, Reid!
                          sigpic
                          Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                            Yeah... I'd take it all with a grain of salt...

                            ALSO... I'd take anything that McDaniels viewed as a 'locker room problem' with a pound of salt, because he didn't get along with anyone, and I'm not sure I trust those that got along with him well.
                            actually I'd say McD was the lockeroom problem.....
                            Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

                            Adopted Broncos:
                            -:Mr. Decker:-

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It is still too soon to call Moreno a bust. He really needs to do something this year though.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X