• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JCJE
    Practice Squad
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
    I have never heard this before, what proof do you have to back up your claim that he is a slacker in practice? Knowshon hasn't failed on Sunday that is just ludicrous.

2311 all purpose yards in 2 years 494 touches 4.6 yards a touch 17 total TD’s 429 runs for 1726 yards an average of 4.0 yards a carry 12 rushing TDs, 65 Rec for 585 yards 9.0 yards a catch with 5 TD’s. Last time I checked 4.0 yards a carry pretty much means you are succeeding at the NFL level.

You all are off your noggin Moreno is doing just fine and will only get better with a better blocking scheme and more experienced line. The fact remains he was the best RB in that draft, ya maybe we took him a little to high but it is still way to early to call him a bust, and I think he has already proven he isn't.

I'm sorry bot none of that is the least bit impressive for a player taken with the 12th pick.

Mike Anderson was a 6th rd pick and had better stats his first 2 years with us.
    Checkout the latest stats for Mike Anderson. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, college, draft, and more on Pro-football-reference.com.

2165 yards for 4.58 yards per carry average - 2314 yards total with 19 touchdowns while starting only 19 games his first 2 seasons.

Comment

• fraguela09
      Byner of Buckner?
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Luckyshot View Post
      I do not know how anybody could judge Moreno properly based off last year's play with all the stupid play calling we saw. In one of the games Moreno was looking unstoppable yet 6 pass plays were called in a row.

I honestly wonder if McD thought that he was the NFL's version of goldfinger and that everything he did should be painted gold. Terrible personel decisions, terrible play calling, losing the team and not having ability to turn things around.

My biggest concern for Moreno though is his frailty, but we will see how things turn out since the players look to be getting their way with easier on contact training camps.
      I think reputation Moreno has right now with the coaches and DEN staff is that he lacks the necessary off-field work ethic (to prepare himself to excel on the field), and that he is either injury prone or has a low threshold for pain.

I think the worry is that KM has loitered about for these 4 months... Doing little to get his body in shape to be a featured NFL RB.

Comment

• Syvari
        Practice Squad
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Luckyshot View Post
        I do not know how anybody could judge Moreno properly based off last year's play with all the stupid play calling we saw. In one of the games Moreno was looking unstoppable yet 6 pass plays were called in a row.

I honestly wonder if McD thought that he was the NFL's version of goldfinger and that everything he did should be painted gold. Terrible personel decisions, terrible play calling, losing the team and not having ability to turn things around.

My biggest concern for Moreno though is his frailty, but we will see how things turn out since the players look to be getting their way with easier on contact training camps.
        i agree you cannot judge a rb when they are getting tackled in the backfield. however you can judge a rb by what he does in the open field. if you watch film on moreno you can clearly see this is not where he excels. he often trips over his own two feet. He lacks speed to get away from defenders, and he lacks the toughness to break tackles. His lack of toughness was also evient when he go hurt in the first 12min of OTA's (which makes me question his work ethic. was he training before OTA's started? Doubtful)

Comment

• Motsart
          Practice Squad
          • Jan 2010

Bust may be too harsh

My biggest problem was McDaniels saying that Moreno reminded him of Kevin Faulk, a 2nd rounder (46th overall).

Comment

• colinski
            Bench Warmer
            • Nov 2008

parsing

Originally posted by JCJE View Post
            Actually I'm not all surprised that you missed the part where Champ Bailey PUBLICLY stated neither he or any of the other captains went to Josh about Marshall in particular.

The funny thing is none of that even matters, it's about being humble, knowing your place/role and taking your lumps as a rookie. If a veteran comes to you as says hey man you need to hold on to the damn ball you don't respond by shoving him.
            Correct -- in part. The original report was that McDaniels acted after meeting with the team captains. The subject of those meetings was presumably about something else. The captain's message to McDaniels -- as reported -- was that they wanted team rules enforced. The obvious implication is that they didn't go as far as asking for disciplinary action against Marshall but it's hard to believe that Marshall's antics weren't on their mind.

Ed Werder of ESPN had a lengthy report Sunday morning on the decision to send Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler to the bench for Week 17's Broncos-Chiefs clash in Denver.

...a meeting McDaniels had with several Broncos players on Monday. Werder cites Champ Bailey, Brian Dawkins and Kyle Orton as some of the players who urged the coach to stress accountability...
            Bailey is correct in saying that they didn't go to McDaniels. They didn't. However, they did make their feelings in general known. And I can understand Bailey's desire to not be characterized as 'going after' Marshall individually, especially since he didn't.

As far as:

...If a veteran comes to you as says hey man you need to hold on to the damn ball you don't respond by shoving him.
            With all due respect, this is tripe. I watched that entire encounter and came away with an vastly different interpretation. Another definition of the situation would be Marshall using the opportunity to rub salt in his wounds, although his motivations weren't necessarily completely deficient. It was an ill-chosen intervention and served little purpose. Moreno's reaction shows how unsettling Mashall's actions were. And it's not as if Marshall was ever a team leader who occupied a role similar to that of, say... Brian Dawkins.

Coaches understand this. It's one thing to emphasize the point briefly but not to the point of rubbing it in, which isn't constructive. The real issue is avoidable ball security problems -- holding it too high or outside the body, etc. Players rarely attempt to intervene after a turnover because it creates hard feelings and serves little purpose. Marshall was simply being tactless.
            There are some people that if they don't know, you can't tell them. - Louis Armstrong
            sigpic

Comment

• Andyy_47
              Best in the World.
              • Sep 2008

I still believe in Moreno, he's shown flashes of brilliance. How can people call him a wimp after the drive he showed against the Raiders in the blowout game this year? I think this is going to be a big year for Knowshon.

Comment

• Broncoboy6
                Starter
                • Apr 2009

Maybe Coach Mcdaniels found out that it was Knowshon giving his wife the googlee eyes, and not Peyton.... J/K
                HE>i

Comment

• Acedude
                  Special Teams
                  • May 2008

I'm sorry bot none of that is the least bit impressive for a player taken with the 12th pick.

Checkout the latest stats for Mike Anderson. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, college, draft, and more on Pro-football-reference.com.

2165 yards for 4.58 yards per carry average - 2314 yards total with 19 touchdowns while starting only 19 games his first 2 seasons.
                  Moreno has 2311 total yds and 17 TD's. Mike Anderson had 2315 total yards and 19 TD's good for him. You're only whining about Moreno because you expected more. Anderson had good production, but Moreno doesn't?

Seems pretty silly to me.

Comment

• Canmore
                    Do. Do not...No Try!
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by Acedude View Post
                    Moreno has 2311 total yds and 17 TD's. Mike Anderson had 2315 total yards and 19 TD's good for him. You're only whining about Moreno because you expected more. Anderson had good production, but Moreno doesn't?

Moreno was the twelth player taken in the draft, Mike Anderson was like a sixth round pick iirc. Yes we expect more from Knowshon.
                    sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

• Broncoboy6
                      Starter
                      • Apr 2009

I agree. And one thing i also noticed is that Mike was 27 & 28 years of age his first and second year with the Broncos. Knowshon is 24 years old with two years under his belt.
                      HE>i

Comment

• AF_Medic
                        Practice Squad
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Canmore View Post
                        Moreno was the twelth player taken in the draft, Mike Anderson was like a sixth round pick iirc. Yes we expect more from Knowshon.
                        Honestly, thats not really a fair comparison, 2 completely different O-line's. MA got to run behind the same line that made Olandis Gary look incredible. As well as a completely different offensive system.

Not saying that MA was better or worse, just think that comparing MA to KM is not a fair comparison.

I do think that KM can be a very good RB, I just don't know if he really has that fire to BE a great RB. But this season will tell alot about his desire and ability as he won't be in McD's system.
                        Last edited by AF_Medic; 07-19-2011, 07:03 AM.

Comment

• samparnell
                          Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                          • Nov 2007

Running Backs

Knowshon Moreno is entering his third season as a professional football player. He will be on the Denver Broncos' roster along with several other RBs. The others will include at least one new face. They will all play. We wish them all well.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• JCJE
                            Practice Squad
                            • Mar 2007

I haven't seen a single person whining, just pointing out the fact that the 12th pick in the first round has basically performed to the same level as a a guy drafted in the 6th round.

The whole point is at the time KM was drafted we really, really, really needed help on defense so for McD to ignor the d for a rb, that rb had better be the next Barry Sanders, TD or something but to this point KM has put up VERY pedestrian numbers.

Comment

• BlueOrange7
                              Practice Squad
                              • Mar 2010

You mean McDaniels made bad decisions? nooooooooooooooo

Comment

• nickmeyer
                                Football Immortal
                                • Jul 2003

Mike Anderson played in a run first Offense your argument still holds ZERO wieght, so stop trying to prove your point you are wrong my friend.
                                Last edited by nickmeyer; 07-19-2011, 09:44 AM.
                                sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Working...
                                X