EVEN McDaniels realized Moreno was a bust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
    Mike Anderson played in a run first Offense you argument still holds ZERO wieght, so stop trying to prove your point you are wrong my friend.
    Knowshon is an underachieving player at this point, how does his argument hold no weight? he was selected 12th overall and is playing like a late rounder.

b u s t

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueOrange7 View Post
      Knowshon is an underachieving player at this point, how does his argument hold no weight? he was selected 12th overall and is playing like a late rounder.

b u s t
      You guys are really out there look at the stats realize he played on a pass first offense behind a crappy run blocking team and still managed to have over 4 yards a carry get off his nuts, he isn't a bust.
      sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

• Moreno was never special and doesn't possess the natural abilities to be special. He lacks balance, vision and speed. 2 more seasons and Moreno will be done in Denver. And the nerve of some people 2 seasons ago even suggesting much less flat out proclaiming Moreno was a better RB than Hillis.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
          You guys are really out there look at the stats realize he played on a pass first offense behind a crappy run blocking team and still managed to have over 4 yards a carry get off his nuts, he isn't a bust.
          understandable, but he played on a team with a coach who hand-selected him for his fist pick ever, you'd think if he'd try and get the ball to him more if he believed in him. Which looks like McDaniels didn't, I think Moreno still gets his shot this year, but if he has the same type of numbers he needs to go

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueOrange7 View Post
            understandable, but he played on a team with a coach who hand-selected him for his fist pick ever, you'd think if he'd try and get the ball to him more if he believed in him. Which looks like McDaniels didn't, I think Moreno still gets his shot this year, but if he has the same type of numbers he needs to go
            If you go back I did say we picked him a little early...and I am not even going to respond to the poster above you that is the dumbest crap I have heard on this subject yet.
            sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

• We've had the privilege of watching one of the NFL's best running backs for half a decade. Terrell Davis was a special running back who would be in the hall of fame if his career wasn't cut short by injury.

The vast majority of Broncos fans KNOW what a special, game dominating running back looks like. From TD's vision to his quickness and his ability to make defenders miss in the open field is something most of the fans have gotten used to seeing. As fans that remember watching TD play the game we are very smart about how a special running back plays the game and unfortunately, Moreno doesn't deliver on those traits especially in critical game situations where those traits are greatly needed. What good is a 4+ yard per carry average if you can't pick up a 4th and 1 to keep the drive going? To me, Moreno's above average stats paired with the observation that he doesn't dominate a game points towards garbage time productivity.

Having said all of that most Broncos' fans do not see anything special in Moreno. We see an average, journeyman running back that could eke out a long career with a solid work ethic much like Sammy Winder had in the 80s. Despite respectable statistics Moreno doesn't display the tendency to dominate a defense and control the game like TD did in the late 90s. TD would literally dominate a football game so definitively that defenses would often just give up on trying to stop him. TD's game was that dominating.

On one hand I can see how younger fans and so called fans from other parts of the country look at Moreno's stats and proclaim that he's nothing short of being a stud. On the other hand, I know that stats can often paint a different picture of reality and when judging a player and their effectiveness I have to rely on my own two eyes. So I ask the Moreno true believers, "Do you want Sammy Winder or Terrell Davis?".

I want the next Terrell Davis. Hell, I'll settle for the next Mike Anderson who displayed plenty of game dominating traits himself.
              Last edited by MaloCS; 07-19-2011, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• I was on board when we selected Moreno, still hope to see something from him,however, what he has shown is that he can't stay healthy, and that is not conducive to becoming a star in this league.
                I really like Cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaloCS View Post
                  We've had the privilege of watching one of the NFL's best running backs for half a decade. Terrell Davis was a special running back who would be in the hall of fame if his career wasn't cut short by injury.

The vast majority of Broncos fans KNOW what a special, game dominating running back looks like. From TD's vision to his quickness and his ability to make defenders miss in the open field is something most of the fans have gotten used to seeing. As fans that remember watching TD play the game we are very smart about how a special running back plays the game and unfortunately, Moreno doesn't deliver on those traits especially in critical game situations where those traits are greatly needed. What good is a 4+ yard per carry average if you can't pick up a 4th and 1 to keep the drive going? To me, Moreno's above average stats paired with the observation that he doesn't dominate a game points towards garbage time productivity.

Having said all of that most Broncos' fans do not see anything special in Moreno. We see an average, journeyman running back that could eke out a long career with a solid work ethic much like Sammy Winder had in the 80s. Despite respectable statistics Moreno doesn't display the tendency to dominate a defense and control the game like TD did in the late 90s. TD would literally dominate a football game so definitively that defenses would often just give up on trying to stop him. TD's game was that dominating.

On one hand I can see how younger fans and so called fans from other parts of the country look at Moreno's stats and proclaim that he's nothing short of being a stud. On the other hand, I know that stats can often paint a different picture of reality and when judging a player and their effectiveness I have to rely on my own two eyes. So I ask the Moreno true believers, "Do you want Sammy Winder or Terrell Davis?".

I want the next Terrell Davis. Hell, I'll settle for the next Mike Anderson who displayed plenty of game dominating traits himself.
                  Amen - CP to you

Comment

• Originally posted by MaloCS View Post
                    We've had the privilege of watching one of the NFL's best running backs for half a decade. Terrell Davis was a special running back who would be in the hall of fame if his career wasn't cut short by injury.

It was hard for Moreno to dominate games because McD would stop using him when he was running well. We'll get a true sense of how good he is with John Fox at the helm

Comment

• Still No One can Answer this Question....

I find it soooooooooooo Funny how all of the "smart" fans that know it all and claim Moreno is a bust can NEVER EVER EVER answer this one question.

Lets do it again:

Moreno has in his career 2300+ yards and 17td in less than 2 full seasons.
                      Just what exactly should his numbers be, since he is a bust?

(and the crowd falls silent)
                      So far:
                      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• And lets follow that up with another one.

What numbers (realistic) would he have to put up to not be a bust this year under fox?

Remember AD had something like 1300 last year, MJD had like 1300 and cj2k and jamal charles were both mid 1300s to 1400 rush yards.

Knowing they are amongst the best in the game. What again are realistic numbers for knowshon to put up next year and not be a bust?????
                        So far:
                        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• A statue from the shoulders up; breasts/chest; or, ... ???

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                          And lets follow that up with another one.

What numbers (realistic) would he have to put up to not be a bust this year under fox?

Remember AD had something like 1300 last year, MJD had like 1300 and cj2k and jamal charles were both mid 1300s to 1400 rush yards.

Knowing they are amongst the best in the game. What again are realistic numbers for knowshon to put up next year and not be a bust?????
                          How about defining some terms? Bust is a term thrown around. What constitutes one? On another thread someone was breaking them down: kind of; sort of; big; little, etc.

If Knowshon Moreno is a bust, how is he delineated from others who aren't? How good of a player does a first round pick need to be not to be called a bust?

The draft is an imperfect science. If a first round pick is a starter, is that enough? Do some expect too much?
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by JCJE View Post
                            I haven't seen a single person whining, just pointing out the fact that the 12th pick in the first round has basically performed to the same level as a a guy drafted in the 6th round.

The whole point is at the time KM was drafted we really, really, really needed help on defense so for McD to ignor the d for a rb, that rb had better be the next Barry Sanders, TD or something but to this point KM has put up VERY pedestrian numbers.
                            Eddie Royal was a 2nd round pick. Rod Smith was undrafted. So I guess by this criterea Eddie Royal is a bust?

By those standards, no RB will ever live up to TD who was drafted in the 7th, so I guess they are all going to be busts.

KM may not live up to his #12 pick, but to hold that against KM is pretty rediculous IMO. It's not like he drafted himself.

He's on the team, regardless of how he got here. If he fails to produce and earn a roster spot, he will be traded or released. I don't hold the fact of where he was drafted against him.

Comment

• Moreno and his 4 yards per carry is really one of my least concerns. No RB is good if they are injured, he needs to get over that bug.
                              Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

• Originally posted by bucking bronco View Post
                                Moreno was never special and doesn't possess the natural abilities to be special. He lacks balance, vision and speed. 2 more seasons and Moreno will be done in Denver. And the nerve of some people 2 seasons ago even suggesting much less flat out proclaiming Moreno was a better RB than Hillis.
                                In the same system behind the same line, KM did outperform Hillis.

Hillis had outstanding blocking last year. He also led the league in fumbles.

I'd like to have Hillis back, but to think he would have had the same numbers (although many don't seem to think that many fumbles is an issue which I don't get) in Denver last year is naive, at best.

Comment

Working...
                                X