Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Von Miller's Contract Expected To Be 4-Year 20 Million, 10 Million Guaranteed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Von Miller's Contract Expected To Be 4-Year 20 Million, 10 Million Guaranteed

    I'm impressed the rookie wage scale is a lot more reasonable in the new CBA. A lot less crippling for franchises picking in the Top 10 and opens up more trades. It's also reasonable for the players because franchises can accept an option in the 3rd year for the 5th year, so that if they boom, they'll get paid by the average of the top 10 salaries for their position and also cuts out the 6th year, so that they could get paid faster. It opens up a lot more room for free agents and extensions for veterans and makes teams more competitive. I love it!

    Step 2: Sign their nine draft picks. No new Bronco figures to lose more in the new CBA than Von Miller. Last year, Ndamukong Suh, the No. 2 overall pick of the Detroit Lions, received a five-year, $60 million deal that included $40 million in guaranteed money. The rookie wage scale proposal could leave Miller with a four-year deal worth as low as $20 million. The guarantee might be as low as $10 million.
    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18492781

  • #2
    Originally posted by JAY6 View Post
    I'm impressed the rookie wage scale is a lot more reasonable in the new CBA. A lot less crippling for franchises picking in the Top 10 and opens up more trades. It's also reasonable for the players because franchises can accept an option in the 3rd year for the 5th year, so that if they boom, they'll get paid by the average of the top 10 salaries for their position and also cuts out the 6th year, so that they could get paid faster. It opens up a lot more room for free agents and extensions for veterans and makes teams more competitive. I love it!



    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18492781
    shoots that sounds darn good 2 me. bad 4 him that he cant get as much as suh but he is still going to be a millionaire. lets be honest a rookie wage scale is much needed. there is no way a rookie coming in, having never played a down in the nfl should have gotten what sam bradford made last yr. and proven players not get it until yrs later

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by killacal View Post
      shoots that sounds darn good 2 me. bad 4 him that he cant get as much as suh but he is still going to be a millionaire. lets be honest a rookie wage scale is much needed. there is no way a rookie coming in, having never played a down in the nfl should have gotten what sam bradford made last yr. and proven players not get it until yrs later
      Very few proven players get a contract like Bradford's. It's been a long time coming, but a decent affordable rookie wage scale looks to be in place.
      sigpic

      Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

      Comment


      • #4
        Obviously that's not as much money as in years past for the number two pick, but it's certainly a nice chunk of change for a dude coming out of college. I agree that no rookie no matter how well they project to the NFL, should ever make more than an established veteran when they've never even set foot on an NFL field. A rookie wage scale is long overdue in my opinion and will help to benefit clubs in the long run by allowing them to adequately pay vets who deserve it and possibly help teams to manage the teams budgets in regards to the salary cap.
        sigpic







        Comment


        • #5
          Re-read the bolded part- ".. as low as..". Could be more. But, however you cut it, rookie wage scale is LONG past due.
          *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
          *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
          *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


          Comment


          • #6
            Loveeeee the new rookie scale ...well done!

            Comment


            • #7
              I like it!

              Although, I'll be interested to see if they have any additional ways to get big incentives outside of having the team pick up the option for the 5th year.

              Also, does anyone know the changes to franchise and transition tags? I still hope there's a way to retain your best players. (More difficult in down times.)
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Javalon View Post
                I like it!

                Although, I'll be interested to see if they have any additional ways to get big incentives outside of having the team pick up the option for the 5th year.

                Also, does anyone know the changes to franchise and transition tags? I still hope there's a way to retain your best players. (More difficult in down times.)
                From what I heard, teams will still be able to use the F-Tags, but they're trying to come to an agreement where a player can't be Franchised more than one year.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yeah I love the rookie wage scale, it was long overdue! However the first 4 years are cheap its picking up the 5th year thats adds a lot to a contract. In that 5th year your paying an average of the top 10 salaries at thats players position. So in years 1-4 you hand out $20M and in year 5 your looking to hand out between most likely $6M - $11M potentially turning it into a 5 year $31M contract & STILL thats an amazing contract compared to what top overall picks were making. Plus it makes it SOOO much easier and basically gives you a blueprint to resign a teams young players. Teams and player agents will now be starting contract talks from 10 yards away instead of from endzone to endzone!
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This means teams will actually trade picks in the top of the 1st now, no doubt about it. It will be far easier for teams to trade back etc, because there is no longer the crippling fear of the player being a bust, and being on the hook for 40+ million.

                    Will make the draft far more interesting IMO.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Salaries

                      Originally posted by Buckin' Bronco View Post
                      Obviously that's not as much money as in years past for the number two pick, but it's certainly a nice chunk of change for a dude coming out of college. I agree that no rookie no matter how well they project to the NFL, should ever make more than an established veteran when they've never even set foot on an NFL field. A rookie wage scale is long overdue in my opinion and will help to benefit clubs in the long run by allowing them to adequately pay vets who deserve it and possibly help teams to manage the teams budgets in regards to the salary cap.
                      Well, they still will be making far more than established veterans but I agree this is long overdue and much better than it has been. The contracts for high draft picks over the past 10 years have been INSANE, especially top 10 guys, many of whom turn out to be busts and hurt their teams for years.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This is great. Not only does it limit their ridiculous salary, it prevents those annoying rookie holdouts from happening.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I personally am not a huge fan of the cap. It is wrong to limit what a person should make. Sorry I have no problem with these 70mil rookie contract. if an owner is stupid enough to pay it I don't want to hear them whining about it when the player flames. I one positive thing about it is that it will end holdouts. But imo they would have been better doing what baseball does. Sign by this day or you are done til next season. Make every rookie sign before July31,or sit the season.......But whatever...I am wondering if through the cba the RFA is gone
                          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            There was one guy who kept blabbing on about that there is no way we can sign him on a rookie wage scale because he was drafted under the old CBA. But he worked for a law firm.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              wow the new wage scale is awesome lol
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X