X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    no one knew who Vonn miller was until about a month before the draft. That is what makes me nervous about him. I think people have fallen more in love with his highlights than his actual footage
    This isn't true at all. 2x first team all american and he won the butkus award last year. not to mention as a junior he had 17.5 sacks and 21 tfl. A lot of people who follow the draft knew who he is or at least should have.

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    I never knew who Von Miller was until we drafted him and seen his highlights.From what i seen,he will be worth the contract he gets if its 20 mill for 4-5 years.
    no one knew who Vonn miller was until about a month before the draft. That is what makes me nervous about him. I think people have fallen more in love with his highlights than his actual footage

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSexyDaddy
    replied
    I never knew who Von Miller was until we drafted him and seen his highlights.From what i seen,he will be worth the contract he gets if its 20 mill for 4-5 years.

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied
    Originally posted by Momentus View Post
    I have a huge problem with rewarding a player for having a dominant college career. Too many times great college players just cannot find their footing in the league. No reason an already bad football team should be on the bill to pay for a player that isn't giving them any production.
    So dont pay them huge contracts...That simple. You dont need a rookie cap. No such thing as overpaid. You are worth exactly what you are getting paid. You are only worth as much as someone is willing to pay you

Leave a comment:

• roushmartin6
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueOrange7 View Post
    This is a great sign, no more Jamarcus Russell contract that criple teams salary cap for years
    I honestly think this is what broke the Camel's back. His holdout, eventual contract, and day suckage finally made everyone say enough is enough.

Leave a comment:

• Momentus
    replied
    I personally am not a huge fan of the cap. It is wrong to limit what a person should make. Sorry I have no problem with these 70mil rookie contract. if an owner is stupid enough to pay it I don't want to hear them whining about it when the player flames. I one positive thing about it is that it will end holdouts. But imo they would have been better doing what baseball does. Sign by this day or you are done til next season. Make every rookie sign before July31,or sit the season.......But whatever...I am wondering if through the cba the RFA is gone
    I have a huge problem with rewarding a player for having a dominant college career. Too many times great college players just cannot find their footing in the league. No reason an already bad football team should be on the bill to pay for a player that isn't giving them any production.

Leave a comment:

• cfb23
    replied
    I can confirm that Von Miller had a very good time in College Station last Friday night.

Leave a comment:

• theMileHighGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by JayJack View Post
    Players won't be eligable to renegotiate until they have completed 3 yrs of the contract.
    ok. all good things :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• JayJack
    replied
    Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    That's great and everything, but what's to stop a player from holding out for a renegotiation after year one?
    Players won't be eligable to renegotiate until they have completed 3 yrs of the contract.

Leave a comment:

• theMileHighGuy
    replied
    That's great and everything, but what's to stop a player from holding out for a renegotiation after year one?

Leave a comment:

• DarkHorse26
    replied
    I understand that......But I dont think the owners should be bailed out. There is nothing wrong with a guy getting as much money as they can. It is up to the owners to keep the wages down. Like I said I have never been a fan of it. Having no holdouts will be nice, but I just think that it is fundamentally wrong limiting the amount of money a player can make....especially when the avg players shelf life is so short
    That's exactly what they are attempting to do with the Rookie Wage Scale...
    Last edited by DarkHorse26; 07-18-2011, 11:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BlueOrange7
    replied
    This is a great sign, no more Jamarcus Russell contract that criple teams salary cap for years

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    He's looking at making at least 12 million of his contract in his first year. Busts usually don't end up getting the high end number, just the guaranteed because that's the signing bonus. If Von starts playing better than his salary he'll end up getting paid because the team will start trying to lock him up long term after his 2nd or 3rd year and they'll load that contract up.

The rookie cap is really designed to give the proven veterans bigger contracts than they'd get under the old CBA. Also it doesn't hurt a team as bad if you pick high and the player busts. It'll also be easier to trade down and acquire more picks and you'll probably see quite a few more "workout warriors" taken higher than usual.
    I understand that......But I dont think the owners should be bailed out. There is nothing wrong with a guy getting as much money as they can. It is up to the owners to keep the wages down. Like I said I have never been a fan of it. Having no holdouts will be nice, but I just think that it is fundamentally wrong limiting the amount of money a player can make....especially when the avg players shelf life is so short

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    I personally am not a huge fan of the cap. It is wrong to limit what a person should make. Sorry I have no problem with these 70mil rookie contract. if an owner is stupid enough to pay it I don't want to hear them whining about it when the player flames. I one positive thing about it is that it will end holdouts. But imo they would have been better doing what baseball does. Sign by this day or you are done til next season. Make every rookie sign before July31,or sit the season.......But whatever...I am wondering if through the cba the RFA is gone
    He's looking at making at least 12 million of his contract in his first year. Busts usually don't end up getting the high end number, just the guaranteed because that's the signing bonus. If Von starts playing better than his salary he'll end up getting paid because the team will start trying to lock him up long term after his 2nd or 3rd year and they'll load that contract up.

The rookie cap is really designed to give the proven veterans bigger contracts than they'd get under the old CBA. Also it doesn't hurt a team as bad if you pick high and the player busts. It'll also be easier to trade down and acquire more picks and you'll probably see quite a few more "workout warriors" taken higher than usual.

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    wow the new wage scale is awesome lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X