Salary by each player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salary by each player

I really hope this site isn't corecct, our spending habits are somewhat embarrasing if it is

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/

How is that embarrassing? Those are pretty good salaries all around.

Comment

Why? Total salaries would be about 82MM for all those players in 2011. They are missing some bonuses, but players like Doom and Champ did not get big signing bonuses. Instead we guaranteed salary. Kuper, Moreno, and Ayers got front loaded so they will be cheaper moving forward.
      Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Million plus contracts for backups/underachieving players aren’t great contracts, in my opinion? Not to mention the bad draft picks we made who we are paying (ayers & moreno)

2.5 Buckhalter
        2.5 Gaffney
        1.76 for a long snapper?
        5 mill for Goodman?
        1 mill for nate jones
        2.5 mill for vickerson
        1.74mill for maroney

Close to 20 million of unworthy contracts

Comment

I dont know id thats right though, they have Bquinn making close to 2mill a year and I thought we had him under contract for less that 900,000 a yr

Comment

Originally posted by BlueOrange7 View Post
            Million plus contracts for backups/underachieving players aren’t great contracts, in my opinion? Not to mention the bad draft picks we made who we are paying (ayers & moreno)

2.5 Buckhalter
            2.5 Gaffney
            1.76 for a long snapper?
            5 mill for Goodman?
            1 mill for nate jones
            2.5 mill for vickerson
            1.74mill for maroney

While some of those I agree with. Gaffney is a good WR and reliable, Buckhalter had a few good games granted he is up there in age. Long snapper he is good. Goodman is one of the best number 2 corners in the league. He has great coverage skills just not a tackler. Nate Jones should be paying us money. Vickerson was one of the better D linemen we had last year. And yeah Maroney should be gone. Just my 2 cents.

Adopted Broncos:
            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
            Adopted posters:
            Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
              While some of those I agree with. Gaffney is a good WR and reliable, Buckhalter had a few good games granted he is up there in age. Long snapper he is good. Goodman is one of the best number 2 corners in the league. He has great coverage skills just not a tackler. Nate Jones should be paying us money. Vickerson was one of the better D linemen we had last year. And yeah Maroney should be gone. Just my 2 cents.
              Somewhat agree, i mean vick, yeah your right. Gaffney although reliable, i just don't know if he's worth 2.5 mill a yr & goodman I don't know he is aging, injuries nad 5 mill is a ton of money, Buck has been so so, has his times but 2.5 for a backup is a lot, again

Comment

2.5 Buckhalter
                2.5 Gaffney
                1.76 for a long snapper?
                5 mill for Goodman?
                1 mill for nate jones
                2.5 mill for vickerson
                1.74mill for maroney

2.5 mill for Vickerson is unworthy? No way. Did you not see him play last year? 2.5 for Gaffney is great, and we're not paying 5 for Goodman, we're playing again roughly 2.5. 1 mill for Nate Jones really isn't bad either, he's not that great, but 1 mill in the grand scheme of things is nothing.

I agree Maroney, and Buck are overpaid, but that's no big deal at all. That's how much backups make, it's not like we can pay all our backups $500k, it doesn't work like that.

Thanks for posting this though, it's a good link and something I'd been looking for

Comment

Moreno's will be 5 million in 2014/2015...

Comment

Yeah, agreed, unless he posts numbers this year, I think he should be traded ASAP

Comment

2.5 Buckhalter
                      2.5 Gaffney
                      1.76 for a long snapper?
                      5 mill for Goodman?
                      1 mill for nate jones
                      2.5 mill for vickerson
                      1.74mill for maroney

I get so tired of people calling these 2 bad draft picks. Moreno has had a solid 1st 2 years in the league while playing hurt, and in a pass-heavy offense that did not really feature him at all. Ayers played completely out of position his 1st 2 years. Mike Mayock said he would be the best defensive player in that draft 3 years down the road, well here we are in year 3.

I think if Moreno does not gain 1,000 yards rushing this year, and if Ayers does not have 8-10 sacks then you can call them busts, they were only in the league 2 friggen years, and played under Josh McDaniels, cut these kids some slack.

Even at that, Moreno is making peanuts for a starting RB in the league!

Comment

Originally posted by RedRaptor View Post
                        Moreno's will be 5 million in 2014/2015...
                        That's a club option though, we don't have to keep that salary if we don't want.

Comment

Moreno has shown flashes, but being so injury prone very early in his career isn't the best sign. If he can stay on the field longer then yeah, I'll be more supportive. But for as high as he was selected, we kind of expected him to be on the field a bit more. Hopefully it changes, but if it doesn't this year, it'd be hard not to label him as a bust. He only had over 15 carries in 3 games last year, and I don't believe that was solely on playcalling...

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                            That's a club option though, we don't have to keep that salary if we don't want.
                            Glad to hear that. Hopefully he gives us a reason to keep it though...

Comment

What is not being discussed is the fact we will not have any huge re-signs for 2012. This will also let us put together more front loaded offers like we did with Doom and Kuper.

If you are a free agent do you take the back loaded deal or the front loaded one?

If dead money does not hit and we easily cut/reduce/trade the 20MM we can, that is 30MM (even if the numbers are right, which they I do not believe they are).

30MM is three top FAs or 2 top and 3 mid tier contracts we can also front load to year two.
                              Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Working...
                              X